Gran Turismo 7: Frequently Asked Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 526 comments
Nitrous.

You - and I don't specifically mean just you, as it seems to be happening a lot more lately - know you don't need to just lump every single possible question about GT7 into this thread, right?

There's literally nothing stopping anyone from making a thread about a question. This thread is about our GT7 FAQ article and really is intended for suggestions of questions that can go on there to help people who might have a frequently asked question find an answer quickly.
Oh, well I'm sorry, I didn't know but now I do get a better idea of what this forum is about, so I'll think about what I ask before I type it.

so no game has Porsche exclusive licence...?
I was in a wrong the whole time...they are promoting FM game now...
looks like they are jumping from one flower to another 🤣🤣🤣

Controllers should last 3-4 hours at hard gaming, if yours is lasting 45 minutes then its Time for you to go get a new controller, either a refurb from GameStop or online from Amazon, or a brand new one direct from Sony playstation
I think you can save a lot of 🎮 battery by reducing the physical feedback. If you set it to weak or medium instead of strong, it’ll immediately last you double the time. There are a few options in-game, but also in the PS system settings.

many people message me..how can I drive x2014 fast..and how to tune it..
THIS IS MY TEST TRACK..
USSUALLY NOT FUN AT ALL..making setups
SLOW SPEED , HIGH SPEED CORNERS..LOW AND HIGH BRAKING..circuit has it all ...

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place for this question

I’ve a few questions about Showcase

- How are some players able to use coloured text / fonts in showcase?

- When I’m browsing the key words / tags search only allows me to use one word or it just removes the space between the words - is this supposed to happen?

- Sometimes when I search for a specific decal that ive seen before it doesn’t show up despite putting in the exact word to my search bar that the decal is titled? - that is just an example like for example if I seen a specific decal titled “Pele signature” in showcase and forgot to add to my collection - when searching “Pele” into the search bar it doesn’t show up? Despite that being in the title?

- Any other tips or hacks to browse the showcase that I’m missing? I don’t think the UX for it is particularly good and I feel like I see the same content over and over again despite different inputs / searches

Thanks 😁

Looking for this area in scapes,
18df3f163f760-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_437553816685357_1709194596427.jpg

Can someone help?

Looking for this area in scapes, View attachment 1332568
Can someone help?
I haven’t checked yet, will later when I get on.

However, I will say there are some locations in Menu books that aren’t available in scapes for some reason. One of the BMW menu books features photo locations at the Cuidad de las Artes y la Ciences in Valencia, Spain, but it is unavailable as a location in scapes for some reason. Which was disappointing for me as I lived 5 minutes from that area for a while and it would have represented an area in scapes I had familiarity with!

So for some reason, not all the menu book photo locations are available as scapes locations… and that’s I reason I don’t understand.

I will have a look for you and confirm in a while if you haven’t found out by then!

Does PD add custom liveries on cars for events / races ?

Just curious because two weeks ago doing the Renault 4L race that was part of the weekly events I was surprised to see some of the cars had interesting racing liveries while some were just different colours or had stripes added

I was wondering if there is a catalogue somewhere of the cars that have different “custom” liveries in game? I was genuinely fascinated seeing them in that race

Yes, some of the computer cars you face will have liveries made by PD for that race/event.
I was wondering if there is a catalogue somewhere of the cars that have different “custom” liveries in game? I was genuinely fascinated seeing them in that race
Only place to look would be in the Showcase. However, they will be user generated. PD didn't put in a way to get the custom liveries they designed for those races themselves. Either someone else did, or if you're skilled enough with the liver editor, you could create them.

I am sure some of you guys track/know when was last handling update?
I am sure in 4wd hybrid lmps between March 2023 and April 2023 I was 4-5-6 sec slower on long tracks like nordschleife?

maybe someone has INFO? KNOW?

Tried Googling but found mixed answers. Tried searching here and didn't come up with anything.

I have a physical PS5 25th anniversary edition of GT7. I'm thinking of picking up a digital copy next time it is on sale. Are the saves compatible? Found someone saying you need to buy the exact same version (i.e. PS5 25th Anni deluxe or whatever) as you have in physical. Saw other people not saying that.

I don't know what to believe.

Tried Googling but found mixed answers. Tried searching here and didn't come up with anything.

I have a physical PS5 25th anniversary edition of GT7. I'm thinking of picking up a digital copy next time it is on sale. Are the saves compatible? Found someone saying you need to buy the exact same version (i.e. PS5 25th Anni deluxe or whatever) as you have in physical. Saw other people not saying that.

I don't know what to believe.
The saves are seamlessly compatible. I have a digital review copy and a physical 25AE.

Just curious because two weeks ago doing the Renault 4L race that was part of the weekly events I was surprised to see some of the cars had interesting racing liveries while some were just different colours or had stripes added

Some of us members did for a little while in GT Sport.
No such activity for GT7. Probably because most of the cars just have parts added. If all cars were liveries the Plymouth Superbird Special Event it would add to more immersion.

Back