Gran Turismo 7: Frequently Asked Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 522 comments
I just got the game in the sale last week, and want to know if there is a way to stop the racing etiquette video loading every time I go to sport mode.

Hello Famine. Is there anything in the works to enable an entity like Kudo to access Gt7 data and then have all the great rating et al information that they hosted for GTSport players. Seems like such a big loss.

Also, it sure would be nice to have brake balance back for daily races.
Famine, if you can't answer this do you know who might be able?

I have a question, ( hope i don't get humiliated by it).
If a car got upgraded by mistake.
Is there a way I can go back and lose the upgrades so I can get my credits back?

Ok I have a question, in the online manual it states that when you sell a car all the custom parts, paints, tuning parts will be returned to you, but how? 20221224_022835.jpg
How and where are my parts?

Ok I have a question, in the online manual it states that when you sell a car all the custom parts, paints, tuning parts will be returned to you, but how?View attachment 1218150
How and where are my parts?
It doesn’t say tuning parts. It’s all parts from GT Auto that are “returned” to you. Basically if you sell a car with bumpers, wings, bonnet pins etc. then if you were to buy the car again later, you wouldn’t have to pay for those parts again!

It doesn’t say tuning parts. It’s all parts from GT Auto that are “returned” to you. Basically if you sell a car with bumpers, wings, bonnet pins etc. then if you were to buy the car again later, you wouldn’t have to pay for those parts again!
That happens even if you don't sell the car.

So the turbo, racing trans, etc. Will be available if I have a second car of same type?

So the turbo, racing trans, etc. Will be available if I have a second car of same type?
I’ve bought 1960 cars. I’ve discarded and sold duplicates and still had to buy the same parts I’d had on the sold cars.

Edit: Those lines from the guide seem like it’s a feature yet to be implemented. Similar to the manual saying in Custom Race, appropriate tyres will be applied in changing weather conditions. That feature was already programmed back in June-July. It just wasn’t in the notes. Maybe it’ll be unlocked in a future update.

Last edited:
As I understand, it’s just referring to GT Auto, Not the tuning shop. So the parts that are removable “inside the shop”, not inside your garage. In GT Auto, when you purchase wheels, front bumper upgrade and other aero upgrades like rear spoiler can be swapped out only while you’re there, which is when it makes any pp changes.

Sounds like because those parts are stored in the shop rather than connected to a specific car.

Edit: Never mind, I see it was already explained above

Attachments

• 13FEC46E-65F7-4088-8844-3565EB4E2FA5.png
    13FEC46E-65F7-4088-8844-3565EB4E2FA5.png
    276.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 8933F691-AE81-4F6B-8EA5-FBC816773416.png
    8933F691-AE81-4F6B-8EA5-FBC816773416.png
    304.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 5BD6F15A-4D3A-4148-A4B1-78DF2D3ECA82.png
    5BD6F15A-4D3A-4148-A4B1-78DF2D3ECA82.png
    270 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Just wondering why the Sport mode FIA Nations races are on earlier, I used to like saving them for the evening.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what each of the 5 parameters, in this Sport Connection Quality Test result, represent?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20230129185518.png
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230129185518.png
    120 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
@Famine Are their different ways to post a spreadsheet?

So far, ever time I’ve tried it seems to omit things such as cell shading (to make separate lines for easier viewing), removes bold+underlined font etc… and reformats from its original state. Any ideas?

Example photos shown below

Attachments

• 77F301CC-8325-4881-BABF-9FDB6C110D5E.png
    77F301CC-8325-4881-BABF-9FDB6C110D5E.png
    117 KB · Views: 26
  • D92B4E44-087C-4FEC-B93B-D7829F54C7A0.png
    D92B4E44-087C-4FEC-B93B-D7829F54C7A0.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
ok curious question #33:
I am in the US and have my main account in the US, if I was able to make a new alt account in the UK how does it work that i will be in the states and accessing the EU servers to enter the Daily Races in that part of the world? or am i too far away for it to work properly?

Last edited:
I am in the US and have my main account in the US, if I was able to make a new alt account in the UK how does it work that i will be in the states and accessing the EU servers to enter the Daily Races in that part of the world?
Yes.
or am i too far away for it to work properly?
That will certainly have an effect (and on everyone else too; I covered this in the Daily Race thread only last week) but it'll still work.

I don't have any email alert boxes ticked in my preferences but I still get an email anytime someone posts in the Daily Race thread. Where in my settings can I stop this?

I don't have any email alert boxes ticked in my preferences but I still get an email anytime someone posts in the Daily Race thread. Where in my settings can I stop this?
Under Content Options, untick the email boxes. For this specific thread unfollow it and re follow and it should sort it out

Under Content Options, untick the email boxes. For this specific thread unfollow it and re follow and it should sort it out
Thx. I have no boxes clicked in the content options or email options ....or any options on the whole page. But I ticked the content options and then unticked them and pressed save... I also "unfollowed" the Daily Race Thread, so hopefully that will do the trick.

TYVM

Back