READ THE OP! GTP Cool Wall Nomination Thread [Always accepting more cars!]

• Thread starter Snikle
  • 3,560 comments
I don't think the old thread was the SVT R version though, just the regular SVT. It could be seen as too close to the previous thread, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time two similar variants were polled separately. If ThrasherDBS wants to change it he certainly can but he doesn't need to. Running out of cars is not something that I think will ever happen, personally.

I think this pretty accurately describes the point I was trying to make in that other thread, it feels like we've done just about everything.

I don't think the old thread was the SVT R version though, just the regular SVT. It could be seen as too close to the previous thread, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time two similar variants were polled separately. If ThrasherDBS wants to change it he certainly can but he doesn't need to. Running out of cars is not something that I think will ever happen, personally.
I checked and it unfortunately does have the Cobra R nominated. Sadly Thrasher is short of right. The pickings are getting slimmer and slimmer.

Though it is a possibility that cars nominated in early versions of the Wall (2009-2012) can be re-nominated. Not only would it be a completely different batch of members voting, ten years later could also affect the coolness of the car. This was an idea that myself and the curator before me talked about before I took over the Wall, yet this was never implemented. It would be interesting to see how the coolness of a car changed ten years later and with different members voting. Just an idea.

Then if that's the case, the Cobra thread I did find was from 2009, suggesting that under that idea, it would be able to be renominated. I just didn't think that the 2000 Cobra R, a track oriented, limited-run version of the Cobra would be covered under the 2003-2004 Cobra.

@Snikle let me know what you want to do. I've got another car in mind if you don't want to do my current nomination.

@Snikle let me know what you want to do. I've got another car in mind if you don't want to do my current nomination.
What's the other one you've got in mind? I personally don't mind using the Cobra, could be interesting to see how it goes today (That thread was made closer to when the car was than it is to now), but at the same time I'm always up to see more new and interesting things on the wall. I don't mind the threads that are similar to/variations of old ones, but I'd rather see ones that are all new, you know? The nomination is up to you though.

Edit: And your other nomination, the Comanche, illustrates my other point pretty well. The Comanche is not some super obscure little drip of a car from some no-name company run out of a garage somewhere in England (not that there's anything wrong with nominating cars that are, of course, and I'd encourage that too), but rather a forgotten car from a major manufacturer that still has a decent enough following among Jeep fans. The Comanche has even appeared in Regular Show of all things, and yet it hasn't even gotten a cool wall thread after nearly 1250 polls.

Last edited:
At some point, I was going to recommend the XC generation Ford Falcon (76-79). Had an awesome talk with a Mustang fan from Australia, and we got to talking about what Australia was offering around the time that the Mustang II was around in the United States, and it sounds like Australia got wayyyyy cooler stuff during the gas crisis.

Or if I was going to match the 2000 Cobra R nomination, the 1978 Ford Falcon Cobra would have probably been the best one to replace it with.

My main preference is of course going to be the 2000 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R though. Love that thing. Kinda betting it's going to be torn to shreds though.

2004-2007 Volvo S60 R
bDsjEsr.jpg

Body Style:
Four-Door Sedan
Engine: 2.5L Turbocharged Inline-5 "B5254T4"
Power: 296hp
Torque: 300 lb-ft
Weight: 1,620kg
Transmission: 2004-05 5-speed, 2006-07 6-speed
Drivetrain: Front Engine, All-Wheel Drive
Additional Information: in addition to more power, the R came with Brembo four-piston brakes, semi-active "Four-C" suspension from Öhlins, 18-inch "Pegasus" wheels, and HID headlamps. There was also an optional body kit and an R specific interior called "Atacama" which was an undyed leather that felt similar to a baseball glove.

1989 - 1992 Nissan Autech Zagato Stelvio AZ1

ayfler1vrmwlgrt3wkbe.jpg

Body Style: 2-door, 4-seat coupé
Engine: VG30DET 3.0L turbocharged V6
Power: 276hp
Torque: 296lb-ft
Weight: 1560kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive
Additional Information: An extremely strange Japanese-Italian mashup, the delicately named Nissan Autech Zagato Stelvio AZ1 was a luxury coupe based on the Nissan Leopard (Infiniti M30), and cost so much to make that they only made 104 of the intended 203-unit run, and at an asking price equivalent to US$160,000. Or, to put it another way, about the same as two Honda NSXs. The interior was filled with Italian leather, Alcantara, and wood veneers, and the exterior was filled with ducts, bulges and integrated hood mirrors.

2006-2010 Elfin MS8 Streamliner

2007_Elfin_MS8Streamliner1.jpg

Body Style: 2-door, 2-seat roadster
Engine: LS1/Gen III 5.7L V8
Power: 330hp
Torque: 343lb-ft
Weight: 1090kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive
Additional Information: Debuting at the 2004 Melbourne International Motor Show, the Elfin MS8 Streamliner and its stripper brethren the MS8 Clubman were hotly anticipated sports cars backed by the legendary Tom Walkinshaw, and designed in collaboration with Holden's Mike Simcoe. They took the "big engine, little car" brief to the extreme - the Streamliner was only 3.5 metres long, only slightly longer than a Daihatsu Copen.

18 months after their debut Elfin had finally managed to make these vehicles a reality by gaining Australian Design Rules legislation, but between the Global Financial Crisis and Walkinshaw tragically passing away in 2010 not much came of them, and no one even knows how many were made in the time period.

Last edited:
1989-1991 BMW z1
1200px-BMWZ1.jpg

Body Style: 2dr Roadster
Engine: 2.5L M20B25 I6
Power: 168 hp
Torque: 164 lb-ft
Weight: 1250 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: FR
Additional Info: 8,000 Produced - First BMW 2-seat sports roadster since the 1950s 507, and first BMW Z-series car (The "Z" stands for Zukunft, German for "future") - Doors vertically retract into the body at the push of a button - Many bits of the suspension and drivetrain taken from the E30 3-series

2016+ NextEV NIO EP9
nio_ep9_07.jpg

Body Style: 2dr Coupe
Engine: 4x 250kW electric motors, 90kWh battery
Power: 1,341 hp
Torque: 1,092 lb-ft
Weight: 1,735 kg
Transmission: Single-speed direct drive
Drivetrain: AWD
Additional Info: 6 units sold, a further 10 units in production. China steps up to the electric hypercar battleground with the track focused EP9. Built in conjunction with the NIO Formula E team. Range is claimed at 265 miles (427km) and the twin battery packs can be recharged in 45 minutes.

1961-1963 Ford Thunderbird
ford_thunderbird_1961_wallpapers_1_b.jpg

Body Styles: 2 door hardtop coupe and convertible
Engine: 6.4l V8 FE
Power: 300-340 HP
Torque: 578 Nm at 2800RPM and 583 Nm at 3200RPM
Weight: 1975-2175 kg
Transmission: 3-speed cruise-O-matic MX automatic
Drivetrain: RWD

1974-1991 Citroen CX
citroen-other-models-S4232631-1.jpg

Body Styles: 4 door SWB and LWB fastbacks, 5 door brake
Engine: M series I4 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 and 2.5 litres; Douvrin I4 2.0 and 2.2 litres; 2.5 turbo I4; 2.2 and 2.5 I4 diesels
Power: 66-168 BHP
Torque: 126-294 Nm with varying peak RPMs
Weight: 1265-1520 kg
Transmission: 3-speed semi auto, 3 speed auto, 4 speed manual and 5 speed manual
Drivetrain: FWD

1929-1931 Ruxton Model C
5c684c8f36a5898c0d12dccc1ba797a4.jpg

Body Style: 4dr Sedan, 2dr roadster, 4dr phaeton, 4dr town car
Engine: 4.4L Continental I8
Power: 100hp
Torque: N/A
Weight: N/A
Transmission: 3-speed manual
Drivetrain: FF
Additional Info: The Model C was the only car produecd by the short-lived company - First American car with front-wheel drive - William Muller, the designer, did not have the means to build the car, and enlisted the help of Archie Andrews, a board member at Hupmobile - Andrews couldn't get Hupmobile to build the car so he set up New Era Motors to do so instead - Andrews named the car "Ruxton" after William Ruxton, in hopes Ruxton would invest in the project. Ruxton sued instead - The car was built to compete with Cord - Many Ruxtons were sold with multicolored paintjobs designed to make the cars appear longer - Fitted with rare "Woodlite" headlights, only ever used on a few other prewar luxury cars - Only 96 ever built, 19 still exist today
29_Ruxton-C_Ed-Budd-Sedan_DV-14-PBC_02.jpg

1930-ruxton-model-c-roadster-front-2

29_Ruxton_rdstr_DV-06-MDB_07-800.jpg

440px-Ruxton_1930.JPG

2016+ NextEV NIO EP9
nio_ep9_07.jpg

Body Style: 2dr Coupe
Engine: 4x 250kW electric motors, 90kWh battery
Power: 1,341 hp
Torque: 1,092 lb-ft
Weight: 1,735 kg
Transmission: Single-speed direct drive
Drivetrain: AWD
Additional Info: 6 units sold, a further 10 units in production. China steps up to the electric hypercar battleground with the track focused EP9. Built in conjunction with the NIO Formula E team. Range is claimed at 265 miles (427km) and the twin battery packs can be recharged in 45 minutes.

An incredibly impressive machine, even though EVs aren't my cup of tea.

rimac-c-two-0o.jpg
2019- Rimac Concept Two

Body style: 2-door coupé
Layout: Individual wheel-drive
Powertrain: 4 liquid-cooled permanent magnet synchronous electric motors placed at each wheel; 120 kWh Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LiNiMnCoO2) battery
Power output: 1,940 PS (1,914 bhp; 1,427 kW)
Torque: 2,300 Nm (1,696 ft lbs)
Electric range: 650 km (400 miles)
Curb weight: 1,940 kg (4,300 lbs)
Transmission: 2-speed double-clutch automatic
Maximum speed: 412 km/h (258 mph) (electronically limited)
Accelerations: 0-100 km/h (0-62.5 mph) in 1.85 seconds; 0-200 km/h (0-125 mph) in 6.5 seconds; 0-300 km/h (0-187.5 mph) in 11.8 km/h
Additional info: The Rimac C Two, stylized as C_Two, is a semi-autonomous all-electric sports car designed and manufactured by the Croatian automotive manufacturer Rimac Automobili. Unveiled at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, it is the automaker's second car after the Rimac Concept One and is described as a significant technological leap, dubbed "a car alive with technology". The exterior was designed by the Croatian-born Austrian Adriano Mudri.
Rimac plans to produce 150 vehicles and is currently in the process of homologation for the global market. The first deliveries are expected to take place in 2020. The C_Two was sold out almost three weeks after its launch. The C Two is manufactured in the same factory and at the same rate (of roughly 1 per week) as the Pininfarina Battista, which is based on the same platform.

Oops, sorry. Didn't know the Concept Two was already nominated. Can you delete my post, please?

So, instead of that one, may I nominate these two?

• 1988-1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E 6.0 AMG "Hammer" (W124)

f80c6ed42da49bbde7af7e2370464902.jpg

• 1988-1993 Audi V8 quattro (D1, Typ 4C)

$_86.jpeg

Last edited:
2003-2004 SVT Mustang Cobra Terminator
View attachment 940292
You already have two cars in the nomination queue. I hate to be that Cool Wall policing guy now, but there's still rules about how many cars to have up at a time. I'd love to add that, just wait until one of your other polls goes up.

Rules:
  • Only two cars per person until your car has been polled. Once the car is given a polling thread, then you are free to make another suggestion.

Is it too early to try and poll the 2021+ Ford Bronco?
No it is not! The reveal has happened, so the stats are all known by now. We've polled cars before this soon after the reveal, such as the Taycan and Mustang Mach E. I've been waiting to see when someone would do the Bronco ever since it dropped last week. Hell, if you're feeling adventurous, you can even use your second available nomination on the Bronco Sport.

As much as I'd like to, I'd kinda like to spare everyone from being with primarily Ford nominations from me. People would probably vote lower if it feels like they just polled that same car recently. I'm trying to think of a non-Ford vehicle.

Let's go, 1968-1970 Plymouth GTX? We polled the Roadrunner which was close, but as I understand it, the GTX is the upscale version.

As much as I'd like to, I'd kinda like to spare everyone from being with primarily Ford nominations from me. People would probably vote lower if it feels like they just polled that same car recently. I'm trying to think of a non-Ford vehicle.

Let's go, 1968-1970 Plymouth GTX? We polled the Roadrunner which was close, but as I understand it, the GTX is the upscale version.
GTX is good! I'll go ahead and add it to the queue as well. Also remember, you can stagger your two nominations as well. Instead of doing two at once, you can nominate one, wait until it's like halfway through the queue, and then nominate a second one. Our little Bronco Sport'll get its day in the Cool Wall spotlight soon enough.

1966 Ferrari 365 P Berlinetta Speciale
1966-Ferrari-365-P-Berlinetta-Speciale-0.jpg

Body Style: 2dr coupe
Engine: 4.4L V12
Power: 380 hp
Torque: 318 lb-ft
Weight: 1020 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: MR
Additional Info: Two built - Road-going version of the 330 P2 racecar - Designed by Pininfarina - Ferrari's first mid-engine road car, styling greatly influenced the Dino - Three-across seating arrangement (Think McLaren F1) earned it the nickname "Tre Posti"

1976-1984 Lancia Gamma
wallpapers_lancia_gamma_1976_2_b.jpg

Body Styles: 4 door fastback saloon 'berlina', 2 door coupe
Engines:
2.0 L carburetor Lancia H4
2.5 L carburetor Lancia H4
2.5 L I.E. Lancia H4
Power: 115 for first engine and 140 PS for other two
Torque: 172 Nm at 3500 RPM for 2.0L and 208-212 for 2.5L
Weight: 1320 kg
Transmission: 5 speed manual and 4 speed automatic
Drivetrain: FWD