READ THE OP! GTP Cool Wall Nomination Thread [Always accepting more cars!]

• Thread starter Snikle
  • 3,560 comments
Could an admin possibly create a "GTP cool wall" subforum, and put all the polls in there, so there can still a lot of polls, but Cars in General won't get flooded?
Something like that has been discussed a few times before, but the answer was no.

How come, just out of curiosity?

Covered here and again here.

My advice after seeing the list balloon in size in the past would be to stop nominations for a period and restart them once list shrinks to a certain point. I also don't see people wanting these poll threads out ASAP when I'm sure most here would be fine with waiting a few weeks if it means keeping this section uncluttered.

Try two polls per week. Three max.

Close the nominations when you think they are too big, it creates more of a buzz when it gets reopened just like it did now.

It's important to not flood Polls up or people lose interest, I personally think 2 to 3 a week is what should be aimed for.

@Wiegert @mustafur I totally agree that nominations should be capped if they reach an abnormally high number. 28 nominations (which there are currently) is too much even for me, and I'm only allowing it since the Wall just came back. Though, I still believe two to three polls a week is too low for a queue this long. I am on board with one poll every two days, but anything more sparse than that seems too long.

@Wiegert @mustafur I totally agree that nominations should be capped if they reach an abnormally high number. 28 nominations (which there are currently) is too much even for me, and I'm only allowing it since the Wall just came back. Though, I still believe two to three polls a week is too low for a queue this long. I am on board with one poll every two days, but anything more sparse than that seems too long.
It's long but it was like that back in the day, you really had to wait a long time for your nomination, it makes it more special.

God I can't wait until Tuesday. I'm reading through a bunch of old cool wall threads. So much good stuff there, but still so many cars that warrant ranking and discussion. The ones in the queue I'm looking forward to the most (other than my own) are the Speedtail, Century, C8 'vette, and that Aznom Atulux thing.

In my tradition of somewhat-obscure V8 Australian cars:

Nomination 1: 2003-2005 HSV Avalanche XUV

hsv_avalanche_xuv_9.jpg

Body Style: 4-door coupe-utility
Engine: 5.7L V8 (LS1)
Power: 365hp
Torque: 350 ft-lb
Weight: 1985kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, all-wheel-drive
Additional Information: A powered up - and jacked up - version of the relatively short-lived Holden Crewman dual-cab ute, complete with its rear-biased AWD system. Abysmal fuel economy and impractical dimensions quickly led to the XUV and Avalanche wagon's fate - only 300 of the utes were sold between 2003 and 2005.
And then something else entirely:

Nomination 2: 2014-Present Daihatsu Copen (LA400)

Daihatsu_Copen_LA400K_18.jpg

Body Style: 2-door kei convertible
Engine: 658cc turbocharged-and-intercooled inline triple
Power: 63hp
Torque: 68 ft-lb
Weight: 850-870kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 7-speed CVT
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel-drive
Additional Information: The second generation of Daihatsu's kei convertible sports car. The Copen has been restyled to be more angular than its predecessor with a new monocoque chassis structure called a D-Frame. The structure allows owners to select the interior and exterior design of the car according to their preferences. The body panels are made of 13 separate resin components, 11 of which are interchangeable to modify design and colors.

In my tradition of somewhat-obscure V8 Australian cars:

Nomination 1: 2003-2005 HSV Avalanche XUV

hsv_avalanche_xuv_9.jpg

Body Style: 4-door coupe-utility
Engine: 5.7L V8 (LS1)
Power: 365hp
Torque: 350 ft-lb
Weight: 1985kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, all-wheel-drive
Additional Information: A powered up - and jacked up - version of the relatively short-lived Holden Crewman dual-cab ute, complete with its rear-biased AWD system. Abysmal fuel economy and impractical dimensions quickly led to the XUV and Avalanche wagon's fate - only 300 of the utes were sold between 2003 and 2005.
And then something else entirely:

Nomination 2: 2014-Present Daihatsu Copen (LA400)

Daihatsu_Copen_LA400K_18.jpg

Body Style: 2-door kei convertible
Engine: 658cc turbocharged-and-intercooled inline triple
Power: 63hp
Torque: 68 ft-lb
Weight: 850-870kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 7-speed CVT
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel-drive
Additional Information: The second generation of Daihatsu's kei convertible sports car. The Copen has been restyled to be more angular than its predecessor with a new monocoque chassis structure called a D-Frame. The structure allows owners to select the interior and exterior design of the car according to their preferences. The body panels are made of 13 separate resin components, 11 of which are interchangeable to modify design and colors.
I didn't even know Holden made a 4-door ute. The only other one I know of is the Subaru Baja.

Nomination 1: 1998-2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Nomination 2: 2014-Present Seat Leon Cupra

I know the Crown Vic interceptor has been polled before. I'm not sure about the Seat

EDIT: The Seat has been polled as well. They were both rated "cool"

In fact, the Crown Vic was the 13th car ever polled.

Last edited:

Come on, really? Both of these have been already nominated. In the future, do a search before nominating, to avoid nominating already-polled cars.

Come on, really? Both of these have been already nominated. In the future, do a search before nominating, to avoid nominating already-polled cars.
Well now, that was rather harsh wasn't it? Definitely could have worded it better. :odd:
Then again, I mean, to be fair, the Crown Vic doesn't need this site to tell it that it's a great car anyway. Anyone who says otherwise probably got arrested and put in one. :lol:

Well now, that was rather harsh wasn't it? Definitely could have worded it better. :odd:
Then again, I mean, to be fair, the Crown Vic doesn't need this site to tell it that it's a great car anyway. Anyone who says otherwise probably got arrested and put in one. :lol:
Your Yank mobile never had me in it though ahaha.

Nomination 1: 1998-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis

Nomination 2: 1998-2005 Rover 75
Much better 👍

I don't think I was being harsh, as the OP states multiple times that the nominator should get their nomination right the first time. Seeing two cars nominating that are already polled suggests that the nominator didn't do a search beforehand.

Much better 👍

I don't think I was being harsh, as the OP states multiple times that the nominator should get their nomination right the first time. Seeing two cars nominating that are already polled suggests that the nominator didn't do a search beforehand.
Fair enough. Might just be me then. Being up at 4:30AM would do that to you. :lol:

And all of 20 minutes after my first nom goes up, here we go again: (With stats this time since they were hard to find)
1955-pegaso-tipo-z-2-thumb-960xauto-70475.jpg

1951-1958 Pegaso Tipo Z-102
Body Style: 2dr Sports coupe (56 produced), 2dr cabriolet (28 produced)
Engine: 2.5 liter V8, 2.8 liter V8, 3.2 liter supercharged V8
Power: 160-175 hp (N/A), 360 hp (supercharged)
Torque: 159 lb-ft
Weight: approx 990 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: FR
Additional Info: The supercharged versions could reach 151 mph, making it the fastest production car in 1951, beating the Jaguar XK120 for the title - They were built with little thought to expense, and production ended due to costs in 1958 - Pegasos were bodied mainly by Carrozzeria Touring, but some were also done by Saoutchick along with a few other coachbuilders - Production believed to have been 84, but some sources vary between 71 and 86 - The only road car made by the Spanish company, who usually made heavy trucks - Project of former Alfa Romeo chief engineer Wifredo Ricart
4868c0a91cd40e4fba8e5820202cfe0f367db3e4.jpg

16154137-1955-pegaso-z-102-std.jpg

1954-Pegaso-Z102-Berlinetta-RM-Sothebys-03.jpg

wallpapers_pegaso_z-102_1954_1_b.jpg

Pegaso_Z-102_14pop.jpg

I won't post my second nomination tomorrow when the poll goes up. I want to keep them spaced out a bit, so I have one of mine go up every few weeks rather than two go up once a month.

And all of 20 minutes after my first nom goes up, here we go again: (With stats this time since they were hard to find)
1955-pegaso-tipo-z-2-thumb-960xauto-70475.jpg

1951-1958 Pegaso Tipo Z-102
Body Style: 2dr Sports coupe (56 produced), 2dr cabriolet (28 produced)
Engine: 2.5 liter V8, 2.8 liter V8, 3.2 liter supercharged V8
Power: 160-175 hp (N/A), 360 hp (supercharged)
Torque: 159 lb-ft
Weight: approx 990 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: FR
Additional Info: The supercharged versions could reach 151 mph, making it the fastest production car in 1951, beating the Jaguar XK120 for the title - They were built with little thought to expense, and production ended due to costs in 1958 - Pegasos were bodied mainly by Carrozzeria Touring, but some were also done by Saoutchick along with a few other coachbuilders - Production believed to have been 84, but some sources vary between 71 and 86 - The only road car made by the Spanish company, who usually made heavy trucks - Project of former Alfa Romeo chief engineer Wifredo Ricart
4868c0a91cd40e4fba8e5820202cfe0f367db3e4.jpg

16154137-1955-pegaso-z-102-std.jpg

1954-Pegaso-Z102-Berlinetta-RM-Sothebys-03.jpg

wallpapers_pegaso_z-102_1954_1_b.jpg

Pegaso_Z-102_14pop.jpg

I won't post my second nomination tomorrow when the poll goes up. I want to keep them spaced out a bit, so I have one of mine go up every few weeks rather than two go up once a month.
I appreciate the detailed nomination 👍

I appreciate the detailed nomination 👍
Thanks. Like I said, stats for cars like this are hard to find. My Rolls-Royce nomination had a bit of a problem due to scarce info, so I decided to avoid the problems entirely by finding it all before I put the nominations up. I've got a text file with about 10 more nominations waiting for their time to come...

Nomination 1: 1956-1962 BMW Isetta 300
befc4ac0882f02b6f255bca00a5d025b.jpg

Body Style: 1-door coupe
Engine: 298cc (0.3 liter) Air-Cooled Single Cylinder
Power: 13 HP
Torque: 14 lb-ft
Weight: 794 LBS (360 KG)
Transmission: 4-Speed Manual (With reverse. The 250 models didn't have a reverse gear.)
Drivetrain: MR
Top Speed: 53 MPH (85 Km/H)

History of the car:
BMW was on the brink of bankruptcy in the mid-1950's. Motorcycle production was low and ultra expensive cars such as the 507 were a financial loss each car they sold. BMW needed to make a car for the masses to boost sales. They soon found their solution. Iso Rivolta who has been making motorcycles and refrigerators at the time was making the 'Isetta'. It was a tiny egg shaped micro-car that combined low production cost and economy with a motorcycle chassis. BMW acquired licensing rights to the Isetta and refined it as their own car with their own drive train. The car was perfect for post war Germans who wanted a car but could only afford a bike. It was cheap, easy to maintain, repair, and park.
The Isetta became a symbol of post-war economic success. BMW sold over 160,000 Isettas by the end of it's life in 1962. If not for the Isetta, BMW would have ceased to exist.

Last edited:
Nomination 1: 1956-1962 BMW Isetta 300
befc4ac0882f02b6f255bca00a5d025b.jpg

Body Style: 1-door coupe
Engine: 298cc (0.3 liter) Air-Cooled Single Cylinder
Power: 13 HP
Torque: 14 lb-ft
Weight: 794 LBS (360 KG)
Transmission: 4-Speed Manual (With reverse. The 250 models didn't have a reverse gear.)
Drivetrain: MR
Top Speed: 53 MPH (85 Km/H)

History of the car:
BMW was on the brink of bankruptcy in the mid-1950's. Motorcycle production was low and ultra expensive cars such as the 507 were a financial loss each car they sold. BMW needed to make a car for the masses to boost sales. They soon found their solution. Iso Rivolta who has been making motorcycles and refrigerators at the time was making the 'Isetta'. It was a tiny egg shaped micro-car that combined low production cost and economy with a motorcycle chassis. BMW acquired licensing rights to the Isetta and refined it as their own car with their own drive train. The car was perfect for post war Germans who wanted a car but could only afford a bike. It was cheap, easy to maintain, repair, and park.
The Isetta became a symbol of post-war economic success. BMW sold over 160,000 Isettas by the end of it's life in 1962. If not for the Isetta, BMW would have ceased to exist.

I am very surprised this isn't already on the wall.

Back