• 513 comments
United States
San Antonio, Texas
Obi-Tonobi
Now on GT7. Join us in the GT7 Thread

Welcome to Ready Or Not Racing.

Racing Everything Since 2011

Join us for a race or two.

We are not governed by the GTP OLR Rules & Guidelines https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.111241/ but we do expect you to know them and race accordingly.

If you are interested in participating send Obi-Tonobi a friend request on PS4. Events will be posted here on GTPlanet, our facebook page (Ready Or Not Racing), and on the PSN Community page. Like us on facebook. Check out www.readyornotracing.com for links to other locations. Looking forward to racing with you soon.

All skill levels are welcome.

We are looking for racers not just members.

• No goofy tests.
  • No penalties.
  • No suspensions from races.

5 Rules
  • Show up prepared to race. Know the regulations, cars, tracks, etc.
  • Race clean.
  • Pass clean or wait until you can. It is your job to pass the car in front of you without causing an incident.
  • Have Fun.
  • Join us when you can. You do not have to commit to each weeks league race to participate. You can participate part time when you are available. Be mindful of those racing for the championship and avoid causing incidents.

• Continuous problems will result in removal from the club.

It is with a saddened heart that I report the sudden passing of Shannon Curran (scrc0303 on Gran Turismo). Shannon passed away on New Years Eve. If I hear what happened I will let you all know in the next party chat we are in. I have never met Shannon in person but we have been talking on the PlayStation weekly since early 2011. I met Shannon through xyster250 (Tommy) on Gran Turismo 5. We raced many times a week back then and still raced almost every week since then. I considered him a friend and I will miss him a lot. The weekly races and conversation will not be the same without him. I know many of you here on gtplanet have raced with him as well over the last 10 years. I ask that you keep his family in your prayers as they go through this very difficult time.

In memory of scrc0303 (Shannon) who passed away suddenly New Years Eve 2021. You were liked by all of us and made the racing experience better for me and many others over the last 10 years. You will be missed my friend.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wednesday Night Casual Races

Join us each Wednesday Night for some just plain fun racing. Keep it clean boys. Races will be a variety of car classes, some one makes, short races, longer races, in both race cars and street cars. Public lobby will open at 8:00pm central time in the USA. Join us for a race. Please read the GTP OLR Rules & Guidelines posted below and race accordingly.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.111241/

Any complaints should be submitted to Obi-Tonobi by PSN message for review.

League Race

I will start league races again on Gran Turismo 7.

Stay tuned for more details.

Leagues will run for 8 consecutive weeks.

You are not required to race every league race in order to participate. Join us for a race when you can.

All times will be posted as Central Time here in the USA. You can use Dallas, Texas as a current time reference.

The 1st race of the League will be First Come / First Served.

After that the top 10 in points will be guaranteed a spot in the next week's race.

If the lobby becomes full and one of the top ten in points is trying to get in then the person in the lobby who is lowest in points or no points will be asked to exit the lobby. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. This has not happened yet so please get in the lobby early to get a spot.

Lobby and Qualifying Times:

Lobby will open at 8:00 pm central time for practice.

Will be 2ea 30 minute races to begin at 8:30 pm Central Time.

Your fastest lap time during practice will count as your qualifying time and starting position..

Reverse grid for second and third race of the night. Each race will be scored and points totaled.

Cars:

Tracks:

Random selection using a random number generator on race day.
  • Multiple Track Possibilities
  • No track will be used twice

Regulations:
Start Type -
Boost -
Slipstream -
Visible Damage -
Mechanical Damage -
Tire Wear -
Fuel Consumption -
Initial Fuel -
Grip Reduction -
Race Finish Delay -
Balance Of Performance -
Power Limit -
Weight Limit -
Max Tire Rating -
Min Tire Rating -
Tuning -
Ghost During Race -
Shortcut Penalty -
Wall Collision Penalty -
Wall Collision Detection -
Side Contact Penalty -
Flag Rules -
Limit Driving Options (Aids) - All available except Auto-Drive

Point System:
No points for pole
No points for podium
16 points for 1st, 15 for 2nd, 14 for 3rd and so on down to 1 point for 16th.

Disconnects:
Restarts -
In the event a driver is stuck at the start line or gets a disconnect during the first lap we will restart the race. Once the driver in 1st place starts lap #2 we will continue the race until the end. We will make only 2 attempts to restart. On the 3rd attempt we will run the race regardless of your connection issues.

Scoring - If during the race you have a disconnect you will be scored in last place. If Another player also has a disconnect they will be scored 2nd to the last since they raced longer and so on until the race is complete.

Last edited:
I agree, I have had some phenomenal races online, very little contact and back and forth battles, but I have also had some wreckfests, which is so frustrating. I should be free most Wednesdays, so this league should work, I am looking forward to it.

Tonight is the first League practice. Please send me a friend request as it will be in a Friends Only Lobby. Lobby officially opens at 8:00pm Central Time USA.

Tonight is the first League practice. Please send me a friend request as it will be in a Friends Only Lobby. Lobby officially opens at 8:00pm Central Time USA.
Thanks to all that participated. Had 14 in the lobby at one point. Was glad to race with some new community members. I had a great time. Hope to see you next week.

Thanks to all that participated. Had 14 in the lobby at one point. Was glad to race with some new community members. I had a great time. Hope to see you next week.

It was fun. I have only really been doing sport mode in the smaller classes so it was fun getting out on those other tracks with a faster car watching my times improve with each lap. I am sorry to all who I bumped early on, was unfamiliar with the tracks, but the more we ran the cleaner the races got, in my opinion. I will see everyone next week, hopefully improved and a better livery on my car.

Yeah, this week was a blast!

If there are other than me in the community from Europe, who wants to practice during daytime over here, I'm down! Don't be afraid to send a FR, and we'll make it happen!
PSN: dritslem

It was fun. I have only really been doing sport mode in the smaller classes so it was fun getting out on those other tracks with a faster car watching my times improve with each lap. I am sorry to all who I bumped early on, was unfamiliar with the tracks, but the more we ran the cleaner the races got, in my opinion. I will see everyone next week, hopefully improved and a better livery on my car.
We are all OK with the occasional bumping. It's a new game, new physics, new drivers, new tracks. The more we race together with the same people the more you get to know how the others drive, their braking points, where they like to make a move on you, and their weaknesses. That's the reason for the practice races. Next week will be 15 minute races. This will force pit stops for fuel since I do not think any of the cars can go 15 minutes on fuel. I am not expecting this first league to be smooth and without issues but it will still be fun. There will be a bit of a learning curve. I will also schedule some single races in the near future hopefully on the weekends during the day. xyster used to host weekly non league races as well and may start that up again soon.

I plan on being there. My son has a church thing on Wednesdays until around 8pm, I am home by 8:15pm, I should be on after that. Last week couldn't find the lobby forever, had to reboot the game to load friends lobby. When the season starts what time will the races start on Wednesday? I might not be able to be there right at 8PM.

I have been practicing in arcade mode using the league settings and setting AI to pro. I am definitely getting better. :) Looking forward to racing humans to see how much better.

I plan on being there. My son has a church thing on Wednesdays until around 8pm, I am home by 8:15pm, I should be on after that. Last week couldn't find the lobby forever, had to reboot the game to load friends lobby. When the season starts what time will the races start on Wednesday? I might not be able to be there right at 8PM.

I have been practicing in arcade mode using the league settings and setting AI to pro. I am definitely getting better. :) Looking forward to racing humans to see how much better.
I open the lobby at 8:00 central, 1st race starts at 8:30pm central time or shortly there after.

Just got the game today and interested in joining up. Not sure I'll be able to play tonight since it's still downloading the update but will be able to on Wednesday.
Thanks for turning up and racing with us. Those N500 cars on sports tire were a bit of a handful for me. I need more practice with them.

I'm interested and would like to joining up. I have 2 other friends that like to race competitive and cleanly. I can recommend this league to them and will have no problems showing to play when needed. ill join the community later today.

I'm interested and would like to joining up. I have 2 other friends that like to race competitive and cleanly. I can recommend this league to them and will have no problems showing to play when needed. ill join the community later today.
All welcome to join. Be sure to send a friend request as well as some races are in Friends Only lobbies.

I would like to join, can probably be there tonight for the practice but for sure can be there on the Wednesday when we start.

I am interested. The holiday season will make it hard to participate in all of these races. Though I feel confident I can be in 75% of them. What are the other non-league races?? ynot - What is your PSN name? I am going to try to make the practice this week.

I am interested. The holiday season will make it hard to participate in all of these races. Though I feel confident I can be in 75% of them. What are the other non-league races?? ynot - What is your PSN name? I am going to try to make the practice this week.
PSN ID is Obi-Tonobi

You do not have to race every league race to participate. Just make the ones you can.

I am hosting non-league races most days of the week. If I do not have a room open then one of the other club members will.

We have been running various car classes and tracks keeping the races short to around 10 minutes.

Looking forward to racing with you.

PSN ID is Obi-Tonobi

You do not have to race every league race to participate. Just make the ones you can.

I am hosting non-league races most days of the week. If I do not have a room open then one of the other club members will.

We have been running various car classes and tracks keeping the races short to around 10 minutes.

Looking forward to racing with you.

Thanks!

Why BOP?
If BOP is enabled then I have to assume that tuning is NOT allowed?
I would love to be a part of a league that races on Wed nights as that is PERFECT for me, but I have to wonder why we are not allowed to use part of the game.

Don't assume. BoP doesn't mean you can't change the handling of the car, or the gear ratio's. Just means power to weight ratio will be locked to be similar for all cars.

Why BOP?
If BOP is enabled then I have to assume that tuning is NOT allowed?
I would love to be a part of a league that races on Wed nights as that is PERFECT for me, but I have to wonder why we are not allowed to use part of the game.
Tuning is allowed, BOP to keep cars near the same power to weight ratios, its still not perfect but it's what the game has available.

Back