Ready Or Not Racing - We have lost scrc0303 (Shannon), see original post for details

• Thread starter ynot
  • 620 comments
United States
San Antonio, Texas
Obi-Tonobi
Ready Or Not Racing

Racing Everything Since 2011

Now on GT Sport

Weekly Races every Wednesday night starting at 8:00pm Central Time USA.

Join the Ready Or Not Racing community on PSN.

A clean racing group that races everything.

Check out www.readyornotracing.com

It is with a saddened heart that I report the sudden passing of Shannon Curran (scrc0303 on Gran Turismo). Shannon passed away on New Years Eve 2021. I do not have any details other than xyster250 informing me tonight. If I hear what happened I will let you all know in the next party chat we are in. I have never met Shannon in person but we have been talking on the PlayStation weekly since early 2011. I met Shannon through xyster250 (Tommy) on Gran Turismo 5. We raced many times a week back then and still raced almost every week since then. I considered him a friend and I will miss him a lot. The weekly races and conversation will not be the same without him. I know many of you here on gtplanet have raced with him as well over the last 10 years. I ask that you keep his family in your prayers as they go through this very difficult time.

Last edited:
Join the "Ready Or Not Racing" Community on PS4 to see when we are holding events on GT6 and soon GT Sport.

Last edited:
Starting Dec 5th 10:30 eastern time. Send friend request to ReadyOrNotRacing to join. We will be racing in that lounge. Click on the coffee cup to enter lounge. There will be no YELLOW icon next to it. Will be 10 weeks, 10 tracks, and 10 cars. This is a CLEAN racing event. Race setup: Game Mode-Normal, Laps - based on track, Start Type-Grid Start, Grid Order-Fastest First, Boost-Low to give all a chance to catch up in the event of a spin out or mishap, Penalty-Weak, Visible Damage-On, Mechanical Damage-Light, Disable Collisions-Off, Slip Stream-Strong, Tire/Fuel Wear-normal, Grip Reduction-Weak. Driving aids on if you need them. Hope to see you there. Obi-Tonobi

Send a friend request to ReadyOrNotRacing. We will be racing in that lounge this Wednesday. There will be no yellow icon next to the coffee cup. Click on the coffee cup to join.

Just send a friend request to ReadyOrNotRacing. First race tomorrow night at 10:30pm eastern. There will be no yellow icon next to the coffee cup in the lounge. Just click on the cup to enter. I will be racing under my main profile Obi-Tonobi. Clean racing rules apply for the main event. First race will be Tokyo R246 Normal, 14 to 17 laps, reverse starting grid and race it again. Will be using the Jag XKR Coupe '10 out the select from garage option so you dont even have to buy a car to race the first night. Will be a points race but you do not have to attend every week. Bottom line is good, clean, and fun races. Will have to bring you own car for the rest of the 9 weeks. We also do a dirty race after the main event on the next weeks track. Winner of the night picks the car out of the garage. I will check for friend requests up until around 9:30 pm eastern then switch back to Obi-Tonobi for the races. Hope to see you there.

Point standing after Race 1

Kendawg198 36
bug1623 29
POUPON8 28
xyster250 25
red_coat63 25
Obi-Tonobi 24
EmoKidd305 19
jg24123456789 19

Last edited:
We had a great race last night. Got to race with a few drivers I have never met. Thanks to all who could make it. Looking forward to next week.

Last edited:
Join us tonight. Race starts at 10:30 eastern. Cape Ring South, Dodge Challenger SRT8 TC (un-tuned). Will open lobby at 10pm eastern. Send friend request to ReadyOrNotRacing by 9:30pm eastern. We will race in that lounge. Just click on the coffee cup to join. There will be no yellow icon next to it.

WOW What a race last night very close intense racing all night. You missed it if you were not there. Like us on facebook (Ready Or Not Racing).

Here are the point standings after our 2nd race night.

Total point standings after 2nd race.

Kendawg198 - 65
red_coat63 - 56
Obi-Tonobi - 55
bug1623 - 54
xyster250 - 43
jg24123456789 - 37
POUPON8 - 28
NATHANFLYS - 26
mwooten12 - 25
EmoKidd305 - 19
DATPLAYER11 - 18
nebaeb - 0
THECODFATHER_-99 - 0
Damias977 - 0
CrashKorse - 0
bamsam75 - 0
pontiac2t2 - 0
racingsports - 0

Next Race

Wednesday Dec 19, 2012

Where: ReadyOrNotRacing lounge
Track : Deep Forest
Car: Lotus Elise RM '96 (un-tuned)
Racing Tires (any)

Track opens at 10:00pm eastern for practice

Qualifying begins at 10:30 eastern for 10 minutes

18 Laps

10 minute break

Reverse starting grid

18 more laps

Send friend request to ReadyOrNotRacing to join.

There will be no yellow icon next to the coffee cup.

Just click the lounge coffee cup to join

Hope to see you there.

Yes, If you don't have the car just get a new one, race mod it and thats it. You will not have to break it in. Racing tires (any) I think the mediums work the best. Gives it a little slide. ReadyOrNotRacing lounge opens at 10pm eastern. Hope you can make it. The last two have been pretty intense.

Don't forget about tonight's race. Deep Forest, Lotus Elise race model '96. 10:30pm eastern. Track opens at 10:00 pm eastern. Hope to see you there. Racing in ReadyOrNotRacing lounge. Send friend request to join. Will check friend requests until 9:30pm eastern tonight. Then switch back to my other profile for the race. Obi

10 Races, 10 Tracks, 10 different cars. Last night with the Lotus was race number 3.

Here are the total point standings after 3 races.

bug1623 = 91
red_coat63 = 81
Obi-Tonobi = 71
xyster250 = 69
Kendawg198 = 65
NATHANFLYS - 54
jg24123456789 = 37
POUPON8 = 28
Natedogg1303 = 28
DATPLAYER11 = 27
mwooten12 = 25
flesxruoyxllik = 21
EmoKidd305 = 19

I really enjoyed the racing last night.

Hope everyone else did as well.

The Car / Track combos are posted on the facebook page and on the ReadyOrNotRacing message board on GT5

Glad you enjoyed it. If you know anyone that might want to join us let them know.

Next Race this Wednesday Dec 26th. A spin off of the Civic Seasonal Event. Clubman Route 5, Civic Type R '08 (un-tuned), Sports Tires (any). Track opens at 10:00pm eastern. Qualifying starts at 10:30 eastern with a 10 minute auto start countdown. 25 laps, reverse starting grid, 10 minute break, 25 more laps.
To be a part of the action you will need to send a friend request to ReadyOrNotRacing. All of our races are held in that lounge. I check for friend requests until 9:30pm eastern time. There will be no yellow icon next the the lounge coffee cup. Just click the coffe cup to join. You are welcome to wait around and practice if no one is there yet. If you know someome wanting to be a part of some good racing and have some fun have them send a friend request. Obi-Tonobi

Point standings after race 4

Drivers List
bug1623 = 121
red_coat63 = 109
Obi-Tonobi = 103
Kendawg198 = 101
xyster250 = 93
NATHANFLYS = 54
flesxruoyxllik = 42
Natedogg1303 = 37
jg24123456789 = 37
DATPLAYER11 = 27
mwooten12 = 25
FORZA-HOBO = 22
EmoKidd305 = 19

Tonight's Race: Jan 2, 2013

High Speed Ring, Corvette ZR1 C6 '09 (un-tuned), Sports Tires (any).

Track opens at 10:00pm eastern. Qualifying starts at 10:30 eastern with a 10 minute auto start countdown. 25 laps, reverse starting grid, 10 minute break, 25 more laps.
To be a part of the action you will need to send a friend request to ReadyOrNotRacing. All of our races are held in that lounge. I check for friend requests until 9:30pm eastern time. There will be no yellow icon next the the lounge coffee cup. Just click the coffe cup to join. You are welcome to wait around and practice if no one is there yet. If you know someome wanting to be a part of some good racing and have some fun have them send a friend request. Obi-Tonobi

Back