Real Life Hobbit Here...Any Other Body Quirks?

United States
United States
Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster here. Thought I would start with a bit of an ice breaker.

I'm basically a real life hobbit.

So I'm a 5′4″ (162 cm) guy with size 18 US / 17 UK / 55 EU feet. Yep, my feet are stupidly big for my height. It's due to a genetic anomaly - I was born with disproportionately large feet and hands and they just grew "normally" as I got older. For the most part it's ok - I obviously have great balance and can swim like a dolphin but of course shoe shopping and bowling can get a bit annoying.

Here are some photos below so you can see what it looks like.

Just wondering if anyone else has oddball body quirks like me?
38146651555~2-01-01~3.jpeg
00104-02~2.jpeg
img-l_122316423697280.jpg

When I was a child, my toes were curled up and wouldn't uncurl naturally. I grew out of it though, and they straightened out on their own as I got bigger. Weird.

I have an elf ear. It’s some slight deformity that means 1 of my ears is pointed instead of rounded at the top. It’s not very noticeable unless you’re looking for it.

google-hilarious-huge-rooster-4802454528.jpg

It's no truer now then it was when i first posted this pic here years ago

My only quirk is that my left leg is about 1/4" longer than my right. It's barely enough to be noticeable but I wear out shoes and pant cuffs as if I have a bad alignment.

Two unusual independent movements:
I can wiggle my left ear but not my right ear.
I can move the left-sided tendons in my neck so that they stick out without manipulating my jaw.

Additionally, my left ring finger is permanently crooked due to a football injury. It is not straight and it cannot be bent or manipulated to being straight. This has crippled the grip strength I have with my left hand.

I'm not saying this is rhe strangest first post on GTPlanet, bit I'm not saying it's not, either.

- - - - -

I'll play ball for a minute.

I've stopped counting them but I have, at a minimum, 100 lipomas. Thanks, dad.

My wife has removed 5 of them.

Both my little fingers are stunted and bend in the middle at about 30° inwards to my ring fingers. Birth defect.

I’ve been discussing having them surgically removed as they interfere with my writing and brake/clutch lever operation. It’s such a minor annoyance but after a lifetime of small irritations I’m about ready to say goodbye to my little fingers.

This should probably be in Somebody Talk Me Down thread.

I have some part of my heart mirrored - I don't remember what part it is but the cardiologist was quite excited about that discovery. I was told that this is exceptionally rare. It does not cause any issues, my heart is super strong and I do lots of cycling and lifting.

Last edited:
Back