Real Racing Roots '19 at Tokyo Expressway! 31/12/19 19:00-23:00 GMT

United States
United States
Firehound427
CivicTypeR15
Riiiiiidge Racer!

Twenty one years ago, Ridge Racer Type 4 was released. Now, twenty years on from the climax of Real Racing Roots '99, join me for an epic night of racing on Gran Turismo Sport. This is Real Racing Roots '19.

What?

This will be a room for us to race and have fun, while recreating the spirit of Shooting Hoops, the final level of Ridge Racer Type 4. The car category will be Group 1, and any car in this class is permitted. Want to run a hybrid LMP1? A Vision GT? Or even break out the Group C museum piece? Go right ahead!

Where?

The track will be Tokyo Expressway South Inner Loop, a city course that I feel most strongly resembles Shooting Hoops. Each race will be run with night time conditions, to really bring the atmosphere to life.

When?

The room will go up at 17:00 GMT on December the 31st 2019, and races will be run every half-an-hour. Each race will be run over six laps. The final race will be run at 23:00 GMT, after which I will close the room to allow myself join in with the New Year celebrations. I expect to run eight races in total on the night.

Who?

Anyone is welcome to join. Casual or serious, long-time Ridge Racer fan or racing game newbie; if you think you can race clean and handle a top-level racing prototype on a tight expressway track, come and show us what you got! The room will be open to everyone, so it'll be first come, first serve.

Anything Else?

While I'm not running this as a super-serious racing room, I will expect everyone to drive cleanly and fairly (or as cleanly as can be achieved on Tokyo Expressway...). You're welcome to come and race for as long as you wish; all I ask is that you please be respectful to the other drivers.

I hope to see you on the track for Real Racing Roots '19!

The room is now up! Find it with ID: 0475-4165-9165-9437-7796, or search for Real Racing Roots ‘19! on the Tokyo Expressway-South Inner Loop track in the lobby menu.

EDIT: Regrettably, I have had to cancel this race night due to a lack of interest.

Last edited:
Back