Recommended car for 'Historical Racing Car Cup' in International-B

Australia
Australia
gangsta2803
Hello, fellow racers/ricers.

I am currently stuck with the 'Historical Racing Car Cup' in the International-B section. I have bought a '65 Shelby Mustang, '70 Dodge Charger, '71 Ferrari Dino, and a Shelby Cobra. All of these have been maxed out, even up to 800bhp. They handle pretty good, and aren't that heavy. But for some reason, I still can't get to 1st place regardless of how much money I spend on cars and mods, or how well I race. Nothing, and I mean nothing has worked. Do I have to buy a $20,000,000 car or is there a really good reasonably-priced car? Any help would be appreciated.

I've completed them all in 100% stock (non oil changed) Camaro Z28 Race Car '69 , without SRF. :sly:

You need to refresh the lineup to avoid certain rabbits to make it with this car thought.

The Challenger Race Car is a bit cheaper and requires gear stretching to be competitive. I won 2/3 of these races using it. (100% stock , no SRF)

MadMax

Three choices:
Chaparral 2D
Corvette Stingray Racer Concept
Camaro LM Race Car '69

Prices: 3,450,000 - 500,000 - 233,500 respectively.

Those are your best bet for speed and handling.

Edit: I must have quoted my own post in my sleep... o_O

Last edited:
What MadMax said. Those are the most cost-effective options. Stick engine mods on the Challenger race car and it'll blitz the event. Easiest way to win though is to restart the races until there isn't a Chapparal 2J in te top 3 or 4, though that's mainly on Cote D'Azur.

I used the 69 Camaro with the rabbits up front i.e. two 2Js running away from the pack. Took two tries to get the win. 1st time I finished 3rd then I made some adjustments to the gearing and managed the win.

Hmm. I tried using the '71 Dodge Charger, fully tuned (Engine, ECU, Supercharger, Weight Reduction etc.) and I STILL only get up ending 6th. I mean, 800+bhp, good handling, but I still only end up getting 6th! Are the 2J's really that good?

What about Toyota 7? it's also a good choose.
Hmm. Excellent car, only 9PP below the limit. I imagine it would decimate the race. One problem. The price. I already bought the Pescarolo C60 Hybride Le Mans prototype for I-A races, which in itself did cost quite a lot. I think the Toyota 7 costs even more though. Looks like I'll have to save up first.

Hmm. I tried using the '71 Dodge Charger, fully tuned (Engine, ECU, Supercharger, Weight Reduction etc.) and I STILL only get up ending 6th. I mean, 800+bhp, good handling, but I still only end up getting 6th! Are the 2J's really that good?
Did you modify the gearing to suit the tracks? Stock gearing in these old cars won't get it done.

Yes the 2Js are very good especially on the short tracks and in corners. They are slow off the line and the top speed is less than some of the others but they stick and when they are in the power they accelerate very well. The 2J will always run away from the other AI cars on twisty tracks. The Toyota 7 will run away on tracks with long straights.

Hmm. Excellent car, only 9PP below the limit. I imagine it would decimate the race. One problem. The price. I already bought the Pescarolo C60 Hybride Le Mans prototype for I-A races, which in itself did cost quite a lot. I think the Toyota 7 costs even more though. Looks like I'll have to save up first.
The Toyota is something like 4 million. The 1970 Dodge Challenger Race Car is about 175,000. wins easily.

I recommend the Camaro Z28 1969 race car - I think it handles better and therefore laps quicker than the 1970 Dodge Challenger race car. It's also relatively cheap. As others have said set the gearing to suit each track.

While the Toyota 7 is a good car, I still think you're better off with a 2J. The 2J is much better in the corners and the more weight on the rear of the 2J prevents wheelspin. Toyota 7 weighs 620 kg compared to the 2Js 821 kg but put the 2J and the toyota 7 on a low speed track like Cote d azur the Toyota 7 will spin its wheels a lot in the low speed corners. This can be resolved by adding ballast to the rear end of the car.
Buy both, but use the Toyota 7 on the high speed tracks and the 2J on the slow and tighter ones.

I bought the old charger, maxed it out as much as it can within the limit (gear tunes included), cut through corners (plus a little bumper to bumper driving) and lastly drafting. I kinda think drafting works from time to time that I just made it a habit to stay behind an AI and "sling out" on corners, given that u time your brakes right and you accelerate right before they do. But honestly, those 2Js are a real pain to catch up that its better to just re-roll the roster until u see no rabbits on the leader board.

The Shelby Daytona Coupe is a good car too. It's been so long that i can't remember if i beat the 2J with it or not though. While we're on the subject, the 2D is a really cool looking car. Can it beat the 2J in this event?

While we're on the subject, the 2D is a really cool looking car. Can it beat the 2J in this event?

Yes, the Chaparral 2D can also win the Historical Races. Its a bit pricey at $3,750,000, but if you have the credits, its a nice ride. Comfortable wins at Apricot and Cote d'Azur. Some blocking might be required at Silverstone.

Respectfully,
GTsail

Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car'70 with some transmission tweaks or the oddball AUDI V16 Streamlimed' 37

I actually won by numerous seconds with the terrible Audi. Just go with the Challenger Race Car 1970 for safety purposes

Avoid the Audi - unsurprisingly the handling is terrible!
Yes the handling is terrible on the Audi.
Instead, put a stage 3 turbo in, decrease the downforce and increase the transmission and it's actually really fast on SSRX.
So it's good for something.
Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car'70 with some transmission tweaks or the oddball AUDI V16 Streamlimed' 37
I won at Cote D Azur with the Dodge, and only just won at Apricot Hill. Did you manage to win at Sliverstone with it? If so how did you do it?

Chaparral 2D is what you need. It behaves like a 20 000 000 car. Very fast in straight lines, and decimates everything in its 2nd gear (3 gears in total) just tune the gearbox a bit, and you will win no problem.

Back