Recovering from a crash - do you also lose THAT much time?

When I race, pretty much I don't see a serious effect when I hit a wall. Or when I hit another car. Yes, there's a slowing down but again, like I said, I see people literally aiming down a line and passing through other race cars without issue.

I believe the things you're experiencing are due to being in the lower ranks. What is your DR/SR? At B/S and above I can assure you that hitting a wall or going off course will slow you down and you will lose positions that will be difficult to recover. Also penalties aren't as lenient at higher levels. There can be more consequences for hitting someone.

As far as ghosting goes, if someone passes through you that's on you. Either you are being lapped or you put your car in a position (usually sideways) that it will cause someone to run into you (or be hit by you, i.e. divebombing). This is more preferable than damage as you have suggested which would definitely slow you down and most likely ruin your race. If you want better and more realistic racing continue to level up and you will find what you're looking for. The competition will be stiffer and harder to pass. If this isn't for you than stick to racing the AI. It will be easier to pass, but not as much fun or satisfying when you win.

SR S, Dr like D in this game just started. I don't know if it matters but I would imagine only pvp affects that. I like to let my kid mess around all he wants in AI modes.

Ghosting doesn't seem nearly as perfect as you say but there's a lot of stories on here about that I don't need to repeat. It's fine this game is what it is. I'll mess around and enjoy it as that.

SR S, Dr like D in this game just started. I don't know if it matters but I would imagine only pvp affects that.

Ahh, DR/D that explains it. You are in noob hell. That's why you're seeing a lot more ghosting because people at this level are just learning the game. Improve your DR by finishing as high as possible in races. Gain positions, gain DR & lose positions, lose DR. As I stated, you will see better racing as your DR increases. Give it time it's a great game once you get used to the nuances of the driving physics. Faster is funner. :D

SR S, Dr like D in this game just started. I don't know if it matters but I would imagine only pvp affects that. I like to let my kid mess around all he wants in AI modes.

Ghosting doesn't seem nearly as perfect as you say but there's a lot of stories on here about that I don't need to repeat. It's fine this game is what it is. I'll mess around and enjoy it as that.
Just like Chevy Heavy said, Dr D is not a good position to judge GTS. Heck, not even DR C, or B, because their penalty system (with the recent updates) and consequent racing etiquette is fundamentally different from DR A and above. At the lower ranks penalties are lenient, ghosting is rampant, and people are just learning how a race works. Rankings really do affect PvP; it gives you people that are statistically on the same level as you. So until you're in DR A, or fine, DR B, since people at that ranking mostly know how to play already by then, I don't think it's time to judge the game. It only comes off as perplexing and hastily generalized.

Last edited:
Are we playing the same game?
I have a hell of a time getting back on the track after a wreck. Whats your secret? If you could tell us how your wrecks dont hurt your position then you might actually be back on topic with this thread

it's not so hard to do that at like driver rating D or whatever cos everyone in the race keeps crashing on every single turn or their lap times are all over the place. for example one lap theyll do a decent one then the next one is like 3 seconds slower. so if you mess up yourself it's fine since everyone else is doing it too

Where and how do you get this info?? I use KUDOSPRIME to see some GT stats but I dont positions gained and lost.

Jasonguernsey.net/gts. Register then go to Race History. I had to copy and paste the data to Excel, then sort by positions lost or gained so I could total it all up.

Jasonguernsey.net/gts. Register then go to Race History. I had to copy and paste the data to Excel, then sort by positions lost or gained so I could total it all up.

That gave me an idea for a feature request for Jason that I just posted on his site: Be able to download the current table of information in .csv format.

That gave me an idea for a feature request for Jason that I just posted on his site: Be able to download the current table of information in .csv format.
👍

That would be good... just to prove a point to this guy, I had to copy and paste to Excel, then go through it removing all of the track name header rows (as they were merged) and then sort by position lost/gained :lol:

I don't mind it TBH, the harsh penalty for crashing that is. it promotes cleaner driving and i gain most of my places by a) watching people fall off the road and b) passing in tight on exit as they inevitably go wide.

Back