Red Bull Hangar-7 World Tour details have been published

• Thread starter Rangeraus
  • 424 comments
Awesome event, I love how much investment watching people you’ve raced against in the gane compete in the big stage brings, I’m a fan. And congrats @TRL LIGHTNING well deserved brother after all you’ve been through this year to show up with an injury and win speaks volumes to your character.

Favorite part so far was the intro for the manu series with the song from GT6 playing in the background, that definitely brought back some fond memories.

6062500418737406980_0.jpg

Deserved victory for Hizal. Great speed and fuelsaving in that last race.

Created the liveries for Dutch (unlucky for Kevelham being ran off the track in the first corner) and German Bugatti liveries.

Dutch:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/nl/gtsport/user/livery/2399262/1/7349896597220655137

German:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/nl/gtsport/user/livery/2399262/1/7214784202297869353

I had to remind myself I was watching youtube and not a TV channel. They're really getting into the swing of things with these events. The racing was top quality too.

Hizal on the top step at last, Tidgney getting a pole position and Suswillo coming in a very solid 4th but congrats to everyone for the great to watch show. Epic racing all round.👍👍

Yeah!!!! Congratulations mate!!!!
Ahaha awesome. I didn’t watch it live, it was 4:00am Australia and I partied hard because of my BDay. What a great present! I’m really happy for you Mikail Hizal well deserved.
PS. These 2 people I’m enjoying watching race a lot right now, Lando brings the Milk and Hizal brings to Cookies. I’ll bring my Appetite.
:cheers::gtpflag::bowdown::dunce::D

Attachments

• B335B963-3D9A-471F-BD5B-5C4DB5E2D933.png
    B335B963-3D9A-471F-BD5B-5C4DB5E2D933.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Other than the Tokyo race in the Zonda R, there wasn’t much excitement at this event. Bit bland this time around.

Cleanest event so far, but the racing lacked any spark or excitement. Couple of good passes but nothing to write home about.

Maybe it was too soon after the NY event...
Maybe circuit choice...
Maybe consistently seeing the same racers...

———————————————————-

Well done Herr Hizal! In sports circles, it’s said you gotta lose one, to understand how to win one. Faultless and precise race.

Hope you get many more.👍

Very good. Hizal took the chance to make sure of the final in Monaco. I knew from the start that he would have a good chance of winning this World Tour. Next stop is Tokyo for Hizal and the other riders.

I liked this event more then some others, not only because my favorite, Mikail, won.

There was no Bop roulette like in the past events. The races were one-make, same conditions for everybody.

Further on, at least from our perpective, also the racing looked cleaner as in some previous events. Great show!

Great event again as usual

My usual nit picking of the commentary:
1. They thought this was the first time @Adam41 was leading a world tour event race. He won the repechage at Nur by a lot and was leading the farcical super formula blue moon bay race until he got slammed into the wall.
2. In Manu there were several "new faces" at the event including the "American" Hayden Hunter @Double H , even though he was at the Tokyo event last year for nations cup and alongside @Tidgney in Audi at Nur. It's like last year's events don't count for anything.

Also they keep hammering home how the winner locks in their spot at Monaco but now the 40 rounds have finished online I'm pretty sure all the spots are locked in now. Will need to look at all the leaderboards but I don't think that anyone could have secured a spot by winning live instead of "online only".

PS: Also very impressed by the liveries on the cars in both semi finals, especially the stars and stripes on @Dodge Lamb 's Bugatti

Last edited:
I liked this event more then some others, not only because my favorite, Mikail, won.

There was no Bop roulette like in the past events. The races were one-make, same conditions for everybody.

Further on, at least from our perpective, also the racing looked cleaner as in some previous events. Great show!
That Gr.B race was not great at all sadly.
It was quite clean but judging from the combo, PD expected a lot of assault on overtakes which didn't happen for good reason as the commentators were stating.
You can't go to deep on turns as you're more to lose seconds than gaining. Top 4 were all stacked though and smartly didn't fight as they gained a big gap from 5th.

Needs to strike a better balance between frantic and all in with a combo that isn't stupid (doesn't need to be Bluemoon Bay with SF19 lol).

Back