Red Bull Hangar-7 World Tour details have been published

• Thread starter Rangeraus
  • 424 comments
Were PD active in doing a bit of PR work to dampen the flames after the New York drama?
Have you seen the video of Tom driving Cody around in a Porsche and asking him questions about his GT experiences? If that wasn’t an obvious attempt at an image clean up and trying to paint him as a “good guy,” then I have no idea what is.

Last edited:
Have you seen the video of Tom driving Cody around in a Porsche and asking him questions about his GT experiences? If that wasn’t an obvious attempt at an image clean up and trying to paint him as a “good guy,” then I have no idea what is.

Yes, some weirdness, for sure.

Fraga being flown in is a bit odd, too.

Finally Cookie Monster Fast Lightning wins and i wasn't able to follow the stream live.. :-/

Gratz on the deserved victory that you should have had at the last event, but everything good comes to the one that waits and doesn't lift..

EDIT: Watching the Extra Lap stuff, really great stuff. Especially Cody Latkovski impressed with his answers and reflections on the way everyone judges him and his driving style.

Last edited:
I had to laugh at the intro telling PD's version of last months event. Getting that out there up front!
I really enjoyed the racing, though we didn't see the Pro Am this time (but we did see people who were racing in it being interviewed like Steve and Maxime).

The Manufacturers races worked better, longer races work in its favour as a team game and defines it more clearly from the Nations individual driver races. Well done to Mercedes again!

Happy to see a positive outlook from all involved, and respectable racing with a great result for injured Hizal in the Nations cup.

Great event as always, very professional and cool, but I missed the drama. The Portuguese commentator at the Extra Lap got it right: pit stop strategy overshadowed the actual racing this time and made it all bit dull and difficult to follow. Semi final B was great though and Tokyo in the rain looks amazing.

Congrats to Hizal! He made it look easy. Looking forward to his next battles with Igor.

Lessons for PD: rally, like oval races, doesn't work. Also make hard tires great again! Wasting a lap and pit stop on ditching hard tires is messing up with the races and making the life of commentators difficult.

pit stop strategy overshadowed the actual racing this time and made it all bit dull and difficult to follow.

Using all 3 tyres has worked well for exciting race finishes so far but dirty air gets in the way a lot on tracks like Monza. It's just too pronounced and needs dialling back.

Personally, I'd prefer it if they got rid of it altogether as I've no idea why they'd introduce something that impedes racing. It's a real world problem but it doesn't have to be for us gamer's.

In my Opinion there should be a part of the live event that kaz Addresses the fans and give use some hits to the Future of GT sport, that it is upcoming update, but on the other hand I feel kaz is try to build gt sport just like iracing on pc,

Using all 3 tyres has worked well for exciting race finishes so far but dirty air gets in the way a lot on tracks like Monza. It's just too pronounced and needs dialling back.

Personally, I'd prefer it if they got rid of it altogether as I've no idea why they'd introduce something that impedes racing. It's a real world problem but it doesn't have to be for us gamer's.

I’d rather they just drop the hard compound and make it a mandatory 2 stop instead, they only use them for a lap or two anyways. But if they took away the dirty air it means we are just getting further away from sim racing instead of moving towards it.

I think the problem right now is not having a realistic element like dirty air, but trying to condense all the dynamic elements of racing in a 10 or 15 minute race. Forcing 3 pit stops and using a tire that has no reasonable function in a short race ends up detracting from the realism they are aiming to. Just like 18x tire wear, it's a matter of balancing fun, realism and, most important, imo, a good show for viewers. They must find the correct balance that results in a race that is fair to competitors while providing good entertainment, and not confusion, for the audience.

I only started watching these events when they were in New York. There are a couple of cringy personalities in the show but everything is done very well and races are entertaining.

Disagree. I’m playing for the realism. I can’t wait till they fix tire wear and maybe add dynamic track surfaces so as the race grinds on going off line is even more hazardous and even more rewarding to pull a pass off.

Disagree. I’m playing for the realism. I can’t wait till they fix tire wear and maybe add dynamic track surfaces so as the race grinds on going off line is even more hazardous and even more rewarding to pull a pass off.
You already got dynamic marbles that reduce grip when you go over them, I think.

But if they took away the dirty air it means we are just getting further away from sim racing instead of moving towards it.

Is GT aiming to be a full on sim though? I'm not a racing driver and have no knowledge of how a race car should act but that last physics update over simplified everything for me.

I dunno, maybe race cars really are this easy to drive and the game's more sim like than I thought but it sure doesn't feel like Assetto Corsa. Going by the high praise reviews of that particular physics engine and experiencing it for myself, there's a world of difference between the two that keeps my opinion of GT as a highly accessible and forgiving simcade. Just an opinion but I'd say you'd be justified if you wanted to compromise on real world aero problems for the sake of closer racing.

I think the problem right now is not having a realistic element like dirty air, but trying to condense all the dynamic elements of racing in a 10 or 15 minute race. Forcing 3 pit stops and using a tire that has no reasonable function in a short race ends up detracting from the realism they are aiming to. Just like 18x tire wear, it's a matter of balancing fun, realism and, most important, imo, a good show for viewers. They must find the correct balance that results in a race that is fair to competitors while providing good entertainment, and not confusion, for the audience.

I think they're forced into these pseudo endurance races due to the actual event's length so while you're right about the hard tyre being close to useless in the race, having to use it adds an extra twist to the driver's strategy in the semi sprint races that in my opinion, makes things interesting. I was keeping an eye on who was using what tyre and when and imagined a softer tyre would catch up to the harder tyre but the dirty air seemed to stop a lot of that happening.

F1 suffers from the same problem and has been forced into trying to lessen it with redesigned cars. We're in a game so if they can programme it in, why not create the perfect racing conditions for aero equipped cars?

Edit: Just to point out it's wishful thinking I'm hoping it's removed. It's just an irritating aspect of racing for me.

Just a quick answer will suffice but was he right to lift?

Is GT aiming to be a full on sim though? I'm not a racing driver and have no knowledge of how a race car should act but that last physics update over simplified everything for me.

I dunno, maybe race cars really are this easy to drive and the game's more sim like than I thought but it sure doesn't feel like Assetto Corsa. Going by the high praise reviews of that particular physics engine and experiencing it for myself, there's a world of difference between the two that keeps my opinion of GT as a highly accessible and forgiving simcade. Just an opinion but I'd say you'd be justified if you wanted to compromise on real world aero problems for the sake of closer racing.

I think they're forced into these pseudo endurance races due to the actual event's length so while you're right about the hard tyre being close to useless in the race, having to use it adds an extra twist to the driver's strategy in the semi sprint races that in my opinion, makes things interesting. I was keeping an eye on who was using what tyre and when and imagined a softer tyre would catch up to the harder tyre but the dirty air seemed to stop a lot of that happening.

F1 suffers from the same problem and has been forced into trying to lessen it with redesigned cars. We're in a game so if they can programme it in, why not create the perfect racing conditions for aero equipped cars?

Edit: Just to point out it's wishful thinking I'm hoping it's removed. It's just an irritating aspect of racing for me.
Did feel like an F1 race in parts I have to agree...

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d rather they just drop the hard compound and make it a mandatory 2 stop instead, they only use them for a lap or two anyways. But if they took away the dirty air it means we are just getting further away from sim racing instead of moving towards it.

Better drop the softs instead and keep mediums+hards if you want multiple compounds. Soft are just stupidly grippy and the fact they don't have much of a wear difference compared to mediums makes them completely OP. Mediums vs hards is definitely more interesting than softs vs mediums.

Personally I would say you're allowed X sets of mediums and all the hards you want, picking mediums not being mandatory. Now the key point is do you try and push the mediums as far as possible knowing the car will be less stable at the end of the stint ? Or maybe you don't use any mediums at all and make less pit stops ? (Although for that they need to make pit duration more realistic).

Not entirely sure if this is the case, but I believe it's simply seeded A/B/A/B based on the top 8, then the repechage guys in their finishing orders. Superpole qualifying only determines top threes for the two semis.
Which is very unfair for Miyazono. He was fastest in qualifying and won his semi-final, but through no fault of his own, he goes into the final on the back foot. Which, considering the dirty air generated by the X2019, is a big disadvantage. Miyazono made little driving mistakes and had an awful strategy call, but he had to try something because getting close to the car in front with similar tires seemed difficult. Who knows what would have happened if Miyazono had started the race in first.

I think the problem right now is not having a realistic element like dirty air,
They do have realistic element like dirty air tho and tire temperature. for some forgotten that. if you watch the World tour the main problem they have to deal with was dirty air for some reason ppl keep forgotten that. if you watch the World tour the main problem they have to deal with was dirty air

Back