Red Bull Hangar-7 World Tour details have been published

• Thread starter Rangeraus
  • 424 comments
Using all 3 tyres has worked well for exciting race finishes so far but dirty air gets in the way a lot on tracks like Monza. It's just too pronounced and needs dialling back.

Personally, I'd prefer it if they got rid of it altogether as I've no idea why they'd introduce something that impedes racing. It's a real world problem but it doesn't have to be for us gamer's.
Yes, dirty air does impede racing but it's a necessary evil if they want the game to be somewhat realistic.

They do have realistic element like dirty air tho and tire temperature. for some forgotten that. if you watch the World tour the main problem they have to deal with was dirty air for some reason ppl keep forgotten that. if you watch the World tour the main problem they have to deal with was dirty air
Yes, we know it exists and the more downforce a car has the more you will notice it. The discussion was whether this element of realism is desired or not for the simulation. I rarely race beyond Gr.3, so for me dirty air is a fun element and I'd keep it.

Yes, dirty air does impede racing but it's a necessary evil if they want the game to be somewhat realistic.

It’s also a game where there’s little/no damage, and random tire/fuel multipliers for every event’s race.

Many of the drivers told me on the ground that they’d prefer less dirty air from the X2019. As is it makes passing very hard outside of different tire compounds or mistakes, and sometimes not even the first thing is enough.

The goal with FIAGTC is entertainment, and it does a great job already. But the dirty air causing less passing is one of the worst aspects of the most popular real-world motorsport; this is a game, it that can be changed much easier than in F1.

@TRL LIGHTNING Glad to see ya win, mate. was a nice performance, and no cookie crumbs. you got it all. Keep being that chill cool smooth cookie. Hope you never get the TVR again XD

This tour race combos were cool for a change of pace. BUt when will we have a N100 kei car shootout at a tour?
I just hope they use more variety of cars/classes. Fianl races should ditch the X2019 and be Grade B. now those are exciting :cheers:

It’s also a game where there’s little/no damage, and random tire/fuel multipliers for every event’s race.

Many of the drivers told me on the ground that they’d prefer less dirty air from the X2019. As is it makes passing very hard outside of different tire compounds or mistakes, and sometimes not even the first thing is enough.

The goal with FIAGTC is entertainment, and it does a great job already. But the dirty air causing less passing is one of the worst aspects of the most popular real-world motorsport; this is a game, it that can be changed much easier than in F1.

Agree. Also, as has been said, ditching the X2019 now and again wouldn't hurt but there seems to be an insistence within PD that the halo car must be the one used.

Agree. Also, as has been said, ditching the X2019 now and again wouldn't hurt but there seems to be an insistence within PD that the halo car must be the one used.

They've got to keep that car for the final in my opinion. It's unique to PD, it looks and sounds (if a little loud...) awesome and the drivers have to be on top form to extract the most out of it.

The only downside is the QE2 sized hole in the air that the following cars have to deal with.

For everyone complaining that I only did 3 laps and undeserving. Look what I did in New York if you forgot. I didn’t make it here as no fluke, I’ve made every event and lead Mercedes my region all year.

Now the reason why my laps were minimal was because in the RBR race, Cody was in the process of battling the Peugeot, which was hindering Audi’s pace no there was no reason to pit and give them a clean track. Then when I got in the car the last two laps I was in the catbirds seat. Porsche was able to catch Audi to battle for the lead which was allowing me to close the gap waiting for something to happen, but managed 3rd.

At Spa. I always choose the Hard compound tire just like New York. I prefer the lesser grip. But in this case the Hard tire was almost 2 seconds slower in a single lap that is why I was content with only doing and Out/In lap and saving fuel.

This is a team event. There may be circumstances where someone gets minimal seat time. But if it’s the faster strategy, that’s OBVIOUSLY what we’re going to do to win. And that’s what happened. Just like any other team aspect everyone needs to understand and accept their roll, and I was content on what I had to do. You’re not in Manufacturer to be your own superstar. If you want credibility for yourself go do Nations.

I'd like to see them further their in house open wheel formula cars like the 1500T. A proper F2/F1 style generic open wheel I feel would be more suitable. Could have round 1 in an F3, Semis in the F2 and grand final in an F1. Repecharge in the F1500T.

Yoooo folks!

Thanks for all the support in the Manufacturer series, and congratulations to the podium finishers in both the Manufacturer series and the Nations cup!

My perspective of the Manufacturer series, as some of you may have seen in my practice I was getting more and more consistent at the Redbull Ring in the wet, so I felt ridiculously confident going into practice. I've always said the fastest driver in practice should do the qualifying, we were all quick and doing good laps in the wet. I was the quickest in practice so went out for qualifying! In Qualifying I got a quick lap very quickly, then a 42.0 and 2 laps later I was on for a 41.7!! Unfortunately I ran a little wide after I saw that time as I got all excited haha! A very common thing amongst all of us I imagine, but P4 and made it into the top 6 qualifier.

Top 6 Qualifier: As mentioned in my practice at home and even at the event I was really consistent so I knew that if I got 1 lap in I'd be on, so when I saw a 45.3 I was like ok.... that's good that'll put me up there, half way through the 2nd lap I saw neither Porsche or Mercedes had jumped me so that gave me more confidence and I picked the pace up and decided to risk the last corner to which got me another tenth and a half and BOOM! Although with that weird colour on splits it only showed as blue not purple haha! When I looked up and saw Mercedes, just up on my time I was worried, and then suddenly I saw StorM go to the kerb and I knew, I knew we got pole! One of THE biggest reliefs of emotion ever! Mainly because I know I can be fast, I've always known I can do it (Madrid P3), and finally I showed it. I wasn't crying, but had water coming out my eyes, was a very strange feeling I have to say! Looking at the footage the R8 looks so stable, it's not that stable haha, much better than FR cars though I must admit.

Race 1: So turn 1 cold tyres, bit of an unknown although we had done 1 practice start at the hotel which went well. Unknown to some of you I actually used traction control for turns 1 and 2 on lap 1 before turning it off! I then just went for it, and unlike the practice at home where I was spinning quite a bit in the race, I got into that zone again and just went for it doing purples very late in my stint as well which is why we were just pulling away. Looking back at the race now I maybe should have stayed out 1 lap longer, and we may have jumped the battling at the end. DoubleH got in and did a superb job followed by Demon. You may have heard Tom say "Martin is looking a bit animated" That was actually me saying over the headset to the stewards (If they were listening) he let him past, no penalty, he let him past haha! He did do that as well. Demon calmed down and did some superb defending at the end and we got a win! The first win for team Audi WAHOOOOOOO!

Race 2: While we were having an interview our car was picked and then Demon was immediately rushed over to the rig, so much so we actually initially left the pits on wets but a quick change put the car back onto the right tyres. This race was really weird for us so let me explain something a little before the race about strategy. Pit loss time was 7 seconds, that's it (Without taking fuel) or at least it was at the hotel! I've just watched it back tonight and we lost 12 seconds, so there's 5 seconds that disappeared outta nowhere that I didn't even realise! Anyway if it was the 7 seconds loss that we timed then it is faster than a longer hard stint. I timed this using my watch. Personally I wouldn't have been happy asking any driver to do 1 lap in the race unless they specifically said so, but that's not a shot at any team either. It's the choice of teams and drivers what they do. I do think Mercedes nailed the right strategy mind, long Mediums, short hards, long softs. What I think everyone agrees with is that the hards are pretty useless, they could do with a bit of a grip increase to really change the strategies up more!

Anyway in the race something was really odd with our car, we were way off pace than at the hotel. Demon was in the 17's on mediums at the hotel here in the 19's, I missed Double H's times but I could only just get into the 17's on softs yet I could see low 16's if not 15's on softs at the hotel! Other teams said they were matching at the hotel so it's really odd. Not quite sure what the issue was but that's why it turned into a train at the start and irrespective we were dropping back. So yes our strategy was originally 3 stop but we also made a bit of a mistake during the race as well. The plan actually was to have Double H out longer but we didn't look at fuel properly and Double H left the pits with 4.2 laps and we were planning at least 5 laps so we could change to just the 2 stop if needed. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the fuel up so Double H came in who nearly had saved enough fuel to get the extra lap but I went onto hards and came out behind Peugeot. I knew at this moment there wasn't much I could do as the hards would be way off as well, so stayed with the 3 in hope that it would work out. But no, as I mentioned before 2:17.9 was my limit (I could do that with my eyes closed at the hotel) and they were some good laps to, which is also why we were dropping off the Lexus!

Am I disappointed? Not really, I think Audi showed what we could do there, and personally to finally get that qualifying performance in I was stoked, even the day after I was haha! Speaking of which here's where I know something iffy was going on. Audi R8, Racing hards (Daylight rather than twilight though) but I hit a 2:17.9 in qualifying for the Pro-Am with loads of errors, I could see 2:16's in the car. Now that was without tyre wear and fuel of course. But even with half a tank of fuel and softs I should be able to get easily in the 16's, so when I did that the day after I knew something was iffy. What was it? Who knows? Was our car selected from the menu rather than garage and that was it (Some cars are different)? Was it just a join bug (We know they exist in the retail version)? Who knows. But we'll come back bigger, better and stronger for the next one!!

Thanks for all the Audi support, and for my team mates! Lets see what happens in Tokyo :D!

Last edited:
Yoooo folks!

Thanks for all the support in the Manufacturer series, and congratulations to the podium finishers in both the Manufacturer series and the Nations cup!

My perspective of the Manufacturer series, as some of you may have seen in my practice I was getting more and more consistent at the Redbull Ring in the wet, so I felt ridiculously confident going into practice. I've always said the fastest driver in practice should do the qualifying, we were all quick and doing good laps in the wet. I was the quickest in practice so went out for qualifying! In Qualifying I got a quick lap very quickly, then a 42.0 and 2 laps later I was on for a 41.7!! Unfortunately I ran a little wide after I saw that time as I got all excited haha! A very common thing amongst all of us I imagine, but P4 and made it into the top 6 qualifier.

Top 6 Qualifier: As mentioned in my practice at home and even at the event I was really consistent so I knew that if I got 1 lap in I'd be on, so when I saw a 45.3 I was like ok.... that's good that'll put me up there, half way through the 2nd lap I saw neither Porsche or Mercedes had jumped me so that gave me more confidence and I picked the pace up and decided to risk the last corner to which got me another tenth and a half and BOOM! Although with that weird colour on splits it only showed as blue not purple haha! When I looked up and saw Mercedes, just up on my time I was worried, and then suddenly I saw StorM go to the kerb and I knew, I knew we got pole! One of THE biggest reliefs of emotion ever! Mainly because I know I can be fast, I've always known I can do it (Madrid P3), and finally I showed it. I wasn't crying, but had water coming out my eyes, was a very strange feeling I have to say! Looking at the footage the R8 looks so stable, it's not that stable haha, much better than FR cars though I must admit.

Race 1: So turn 1 cold tyres, bit of an unknown although we had done 1 practice start at the hotel which went well. Unknown to some of you I actually used traction control for turns 1 and 2 on lap 1 before turning it off! I then just went for it, and unlike the practice at home where I was spinning quite a bit in the race, I got into that zone again and just went for it doing purples very late in my stint as well which is why we were just pulling away. Looking back at the race now I maybe should have stayed out 1 lap longer, and we may have jumped the battling at the end. DoubleH got in and did a superb job followed by Demon. You may have heard Tom say "Martin is looking a bit animated" That was actually me saying over the headset to the stewards (If they were listening) he let him past, no penalty, he let him past haha! He did do that as well. Demon calmed down and did some superb defending at the end and we got a win! The first win for team Audi WAHOOOOOOO!

Race 2: While we were having an interview our car was picked and then Demon was immediately rushed over to the rig, so much so we actually initially left the pits on wets but a quick change put the car back onto the right tyres. This race was really weird for us so let me explain something a little before the race about strategy. Pit loss time was 7 seconds, that's it (Without taking tyres) or at least it was at the hotel! I've just watched it back tonight and we lost 12 seconds, so there's 5 seconds that disappeared outta nowhere that I didn't even realise! Anyway if it was the 7 seconds loss that we timed then it is faster than a longer hard stint. I timed this using my watch. Personally I wouldn't have been happy asking any driver to do 1 lap in the race unless they specifically said so, but that's not a shot at any team either. It's the choice of teams and drivers what they do. I do think Mercedes nailed the right strategy mind, long Mediums, short hards, long softs. What I think everyone agrees with is that the hards are pretty useless, they could do with a bit of a grip increase to really change the strategies up more!

Anyway in the race something was really odd with our car, we were way off pace than at the hotel. Demon was in the 17's on mediums at the hotel here in the 19's, I missed Double H's times but I could only just get into the 17's on softs yet I could see low 16's if not 15's on softs at the hotel! Other teams said they were matching at the hotel so it's really odd. Not quite sure what the issue was but that's why it turned into a train at the start and irrespective we were dropping back. So yes our strategy was originally 3 stop but we also made a bit of a mistake during the race as well. The plan actually was to have Double H out longer but we didn't look at fuel properly and Double H left the pits with 4.2 laps and we were planning at least 5 laps so we could change to just the 2 stop if needed. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the fuel up so Double H came in who nearly had saved enough fuel to get the extra lap but I went onto hards and came out behind Peugeot. I knew at this moment there wasn't much I could do as the hards would be way off as well, so stayed with the 3 in hope that it would work out. But no, as I mentioned before 2:17.9 was my limit (I could do that with my eyes closed at the hotel) and they were some good laps to, which is also why we were dropping off the Lexus!

Am I disappointed? Not really, I think Audi showed what we could do there, and personally to finally get that qualifying performance in I was stoked, even the day after I was haha! Speaking of which here's where I know something iffy was going on. Audi R8, Racing hards (Daylight rather than twilight though) but I hit a 2:17.9 in qualifying for the Pro-Am with loads of errors, I could see 2:16's in the car. Now that was without tyre wear and fuel of course. But even with half a tank of fuel and softs I should be able to get easily in the 16's, so when I did that the day after I knew something was iffy. What was it? Who knows? Was our car selected from the menu rather than garage and that was it (Some cars are different)? Was it just a join bug (We know they exist in the retail version)? Who knows. But we'll come back bigger, better and stronger for the next one!!

Thanks for all the Audi support, and for my team mates! Lets see what happens in Tokyo :D!
Congrats man, brilliant driving at Red Bull Ring! :cheers:

Can any of aliens here tell me if the two-by-two rolling start you see in the live events is player controlled, or still auto drive (it seems manual because some people get better launches than others)? And do you know when its coming to the game?
Thanks

There may be circumstances where someone gets minimal seat time. But if it’s the faster strategy, that’s OBVIOUSLY what we’re going to do to win.

I am really glad they pointed this out on the broadcast, and in a very nice way - something like you being a true team player for doing what the strategy requires. I think most people understand that, and as above I don't know who was complaining but Mercedes strategy worked!

The first win for team Audi WAHOOOOOOO!

I was really happy to see you enjoy some success at the World Tour, was well deserved.

@Tidgney Awesome job at the event. I may have quietly yelled "GET IN THERE!" when you got that pole and win.:cheers:

Any thoughts on doing Nations as well as Manu's as I wouldn't mind seeing how you'd fare in it? Would you be spreading yourself too thin if you did both?

So it's not just the people on this site who are complaining about it. I didn't realise that the competitors also had an issue with it.

For everyone complaining that I only did 3 laps and undeserving. Look what I did in New York if you forgot. I didn’t make it here as no fluke, I’ve made every event and lead Mercedes my region all year.

Now the reason why my laps were minimal was because in the RBR race, Cody was in the process of battling the Peugeot, which was hindering Audi’s pace no there was no reason to pit and give them a clean track. Then when I got in the car the last two laps I was in the catbirds seat. Porsche was able to catch Audi to battle for the lead which was allowing me to close the gap waiting for something to happen, but managed 3rd.

At Spa. I always choose the Hard compound tire just like New York. I prefer the lesser grip. But in this case the Hard tire was almost 2 seconds slower in a single lap that is why I was content with only doing and Out/In lap and saving fuel.

This is a team event. There may be circumstances where someone gets minimal seat time. But if it’s the faster strategy, that’s OBVIOUSLY what we’re going to do to win. And that’s what happened. Just like any other team aspect everyone needs to understand and accept their roll, and I was content on what I had to do. You’re not in Manufacturer to be your own superstar. If you want credibility for yourself go do Nations.
Unfortunately not everyone follows the championship as closely as some of us here, especially with 5 regions, so outsiders/casuals won't really know how fast you really are and how the Merc team is literally the strongest team.

What would have been helpful is a summary of the online qualifying standings and/or the qualification process but the coverage barely scrapes the surface. There's so much more useful stats available from the online series to create a story about the qualification process. They changed the scoring system so that a perfect/max score would be a nice round number of 200 per region and 1000 per manufacturer. It could have been used to give casual viewers a better picture or summary of the online series. Personally I think it's a missed opportunity but I'm glad they've gotten rid of the bogus win rate they used on the Nurburgring coverage. Bogus might be a harsh word, out of context might be better because I think that win rate included dailies but still shouldn't have been used the way it was.

I too prefer a bit less grip as I like the challenge of balancing the throttle instead of mashing it on exit. That's why I find most of the F1 games fun and most rally games to some extent.

Does the X2019 Competition still retain the large Venturi tunnels of its predecessors? If so, a car relying on ground effects for downforce shouldn’t be producing so much dirty air.

I recall recently there was a discussion on this forum where some people argued that GT Sport doesn’t simulate ground effects. Perhaps, rather than dumbing down the physics to produce exciting races, we need improved simulation of downforce simulation. Granted, dirty air will still be a problem with some cars.

Something else that could help in the meantime could be DRS or a push-to-pass system just like that of the Super Formula cars.

Does the X2019 Competition still retain the large Venturi tunnels of its predecessors? If so, a car relying on ground effects for downforce shouldn’t be producing so much dirty air.

I recall recently there was a discussion on this forum where some people argued that GT Sport doesn’t simulate ground effects. Perhaps, rather than dumbing down the physics to produce exciting races, we need improved simulation of downforce simulation. Granted, dirty air will still be a problem with some cars.

Something else that could help in the meantime could be DRS or a push-to-pass system just like that of the Super Formula cars.
Yeah, ground effect isn't simulated in GT Sport, so more downforce has to be added to compensate which increases the dirty air...

I sort of feel like what 'reality' is included depends on your level of suspension of disbelief.

I am ok with having limited fuel as you can believe that people will quarter or 1/3rd fill their cars to stimulate pits... sort of how 1990s F1 cars had tiny tanks to provide 'pit spectacle'.

I believe modelling as much aero as possible is a good thing. We should be striving for more realism not less...

I'm ok with no damage. Its one of those quirks that SOny has sort of presumed is needed for a online 'sport e-sport' sim. I wish it was switchable like in custom race but eh...

I sort of feel like what 'reality' is included depends on your level of suspension of disbelief.

I am ok with having limited fuel as you can believe that people will quarter or 1/3rd fill their cars to stimulate pits... sort of how 1990s F1 cars had tiny tanks to provide 'pit spectacle'.

I believe modelling as much aero as possible is a good thing. We should be striving for more realism not less...

I'm ok with no damage. Its one of those quirks that SOny has sort of presumed is needed for a online 'sport e-sport' sim. I wish it was switchable like in custom race but eh...

I have watched over 250 F1 races and lost count of how many were determined by pit strategy without an on-track pass for the lead. This was because often a much faster car otherwise could not catch and pass a slower car in front of it due to the 'dirty air' effect. People complained about that, so the rulemakers have always tried to fix aerodynamics regulations with minimal success.

So now DRS exists in F1 to negate this problem. But people complain that DRS is artificial and makes it too easy.

Neither of these problems need to exist in a racing game. However after the latest physics change with the X2019 in particular, we have heaps of dirty air generated (to more than 1 second behind) and no DRS to assist.

I have reservations about magnifying real world problems that are detrimental to actual online racing (and entertainment value for those who are watching).

Last edited:
It says something that in F1 during qualifying at Monza drivers had to use the slipstream to set a good time, despite dirty air, but with the X2019 no one followed another car to set their times because the dirty air was that bad, despite having slipstream!

To me, it looked like the dirty air started kicking in from about 1.5 seconds behind and from 1 second behind, the car looked very loose. Kinda frustrating to watch.

To me, it looked like the dirty air started kicking in from about 1.5 seconds behind and from 1 second behind, the car looked very loose. Kinda frustrating to watch.

Yeah that sounds about right. The dirty air is too apparent from over a second back even at low speeds and is too strong throughout the whole range from 0 to ~1.4 seconds.

Yeah that sounds about right. The dirty air is too apparent from over a second back even at low speeds and is too strong throughout the whole range from 0 to ~1.4 seconds.
Probably because, like previously refered in this thread, GT Sport is horrible at simulating ground effect. That may also be the reason the LaFerrari is a boat to drive.

The dirty air is too apparent from over a second back even at low speeds and is too strong throughout the whole range from 0 to ~1.4 seconds.

It doesn't make sense you'd feel the effect of dirty air at lower speeds so they've definitely messed something up.

Maybe the air in the game is too thick to settle naturally as it looked like an airless tunnel when anyone got in a draft. Probably an exaggeration but that's what it looked like at times.

I was really happy to see you enjoy some success at the World Tour, was well deserved.

Awww thanks mate :D! Wasn't just me, team Audi as a whole were awesome! We'll be back I'm sure!

@Tidgney Awesome job at the event. I may have quietly yelled "GET IN THERE!" when you got that pole and win.:cheers:

Any thoughts on doing Nations as well as Manu's as I wouldn't mind seeing how you'd fare in it? Would you be spreading yourself too thin if you did both?

Haha legend! In terms of Nations it depends, the reason I chose Manufacturers over nations was because it was less of a time sink, until the championship got completely switched over and became even more of a time sink! Next year I'm not sure what I'll do if I'm honest, Manu or Nations. I will be doing 1 of them! I love Manufacturers because it just feels better as a competitor! I've done both at world tours and will be world finals come November and out the 2 so far I've thoroughly enjoyed manufacturers over nations, so I still think that's my preference. As you say though I think I'd be spread to thin, I struggle now with the time and that's 1 car, a nations competitor for the finals would have to learn potentially 3 combos, where as Manu is 1 or 2.

Lets see what happens though :)!

Back