Red Bull Hangar-7 World Tour details have been published

• Thread starter Rangeraus
  • 424 comments
Understandable to stick to one competition with your work hours. I'm just being selfish and hoping to see you race in a wider variety of cars.:sly:

For everyone complaining that I only did 3 laps and undeserving. Look what I did in New York if you forgot. I didn’t make it here as no fluke, I’ve made every event and lead Mercedes my region all year.

Now the reason why my laps were minimal was because in the RBR race, Cody was in the process of battling the Peugeot, which was hindering Audi’s pace no there was no reason to pit and give them a clean track. Then when I got in the car the last two laps I was in the catbirds seat. Porsche was able to catch Audi to battle for the lead which was allowing me to close the gap waiting for something to happen, but managed 3rd.

At Spa. I always choose the Hard compound tire just like New York. I prefer the lesser grip. But in this case the Hard tire was almost 2 seconds slower in a single lap that is why I was content with only doing and Out/In lap and saving fuel.

This is a team event. There may be circumstances where someone gets minimal seat time. But if it’s the faster strategy, that’s OBVIOUSLY what we’re going to do to win. And that’s what happened. Just like any other team aspect everyone needs to understand and accept their roll, and I was content on what I had to do. You’re not in Manufacturer to be your own superstar. If you want credibility for yourself go do Nations.
I can only judge based on what I saw on here and in the chat watching the stream, but it seemed more like a mixture of bemusement that the tyres let a team do that (especially with the strategy prediction graphics they show which are several laps out for each tyre) and, from Jimmy's perspective especially, disappointment that someone was effectively missing out by not being able to race as much as their teammates.

Unfortunately not everyone follows the championship as closely as some of us here, especially with 5 regions, so outsiders/casuals won't really know how fast you really are and how the Merc team is literally the strongest team.

What would have been helpful is a summary of the online qualifying standings and/or the qualification process but the coverage barely scrapes the surface. There's so much more useful stats available from the online series to create a story about the qualification process. They changed the scoring system so that a perfect/max score would be a nice round number of 200 per region and 1000 per manufacturer. It could have been used to give casual viewers a better picture or summary of the online series. Personally I think it's a missed opportunity but I'm glad they've gotten rid of the bogus win rate they used on the Nurburgring coverage. Bogus might be a harsh word, out of context might be better because I think that win rate included dailies but still shouldn't have been used the way it was.
Definitely agree with this. To people like us who post on here we know all of this stuff, but if someone stumbled on that youtube stream randomly they wouldn't know the process for qualifying for a live event, and even for regular players of the game the achievement of just getting there is lost a bit. If they found a way of running through scores and things (even if it's just a quick look at the standings like in the Superstars races) without it being too tedious I think it would be a good addition.

I just got around to watching the whole show.

@TRL LIGHTNING - Congratulations, a borderline flawless performance, with perhaps a little more aggression that we've seen in the previous rounds i.e. the defence at the first chicane at Monza.

It became clearer why Igor Fraga was there. There was, IMO, a concerted effort to put him out there and ingratiate him with the community after the Spa debacle. There was no other need to have him join the commentary team (and add nothing to it). Interesting that they feel they need to do that - perhaps there are bigger issues involved. That's not hating on Igor, that's wondering why there was a need to undertake such stage management with him (and to a lesser extent Cody) and looking at it with a healthy dose of cynicism.

I just got around to watching the whole show.

@TRL LIGHTNING - Congratulations, a borderline flawless performance, with perhaps a little more aggression that we've seen in the previous rounds i.e. the defence at the first chicane at Monza.

It became clearer why Igor Fraga was there. There was, IMO, a concerted effort to put him out there and ingratiate him with the community after the Spa debacle. There was no other need to have him join the commentary team (and add nothing to it). Interesting that they feel they need to do that - perhaps there are bigger issues involved. That's not hating on Igor, that's wondering why there was a need to undertake such stage management with him (and to a lesser extent Cody) and looking at it with a healthy dose of cynicism.
we all like friendly banter but unfortunately it was needed, ppl were already escalated things maybe they think the whole thing was unfair while others do it for the LOL. yeah i don't think FIAGTC need the toxicity right now

Back