Red Bull Junior Championship 2021 CANCELLED.

• Thread starter OJBrit
  • 36 comments
United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
OJBrit
Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Hello all. I have had the idea to run a championship in the Red Bull cars for a while. Finally got around to sorting it out and hopefully it will tempt you too.

Start: Grid start with false start check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Tyres: Racing soft, Medium and Hards. (Hards mandatory for 5 laps or 1 lap round 10)
Tyre Wear: x7
Fuel usage: x5
Initial Fuel: 100%
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 90 Seconds, 120 seconds for round 10.
Tuning: Prohibited
Ghost: Off
Penalties: Weak
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Assists: Counter-steering Assistance, ASM, and Auto-Drive prohibited.
Qualifying will last for 10 mins apart from Round 9 which will be 15 mins and round 10 which will be 20 mins.
The Championship will run every last Friday of the month at 22:30 BST starting on 30th July 2021.

Brands Hatch GP, 30 Laps
Kyoto Yamigiwa, 30 Laps
Blue Moon Bay Infield A, 40 Laps
Interlagos, 30 Laps
Sardenga Road Course A, 28 Laps (Special event)
Dragon Trail Gardens II, 30 Laps
Spa, 15 Laps
Suzuka, 30 Laps
Saint Croix CII, 18 Laps (Special event)
Nurburgring N24h, 5 Laps

All races are set in the dry as close to noon as possible. Nurburgring will be set at night.
All cars will be at 100% power and 100% weight.
No tuning is allowed.
Nothing that breaks the rules of GT Sport of GT Planet allowed. Otherwise feel free. Please use the standard racing board with the black top.
Please note that your chosen livery will be locked in for the season with 2 exceptions, please see Special Events below for details.
2nd 25
3rd 23
4th 22
5th 20
6th 18
7th 15
8th 12
9th 10
10th 8
11th 6
12th 5
13th 4
14th 3
15th 2
16th 1

Special Event Points
1st 60
2nd 50
3rd 46
4th 44
5th 40
6th 36
7th 30
8th 24
9th 20
10th 16
11th 12
12th 10
13th 8
14th 6
15th 4
16th 2
If you acquire a penalty please serve it the next time you reach where the next Penalty Zone would be for that track. Please remember to move offline to serve this and rejoin the racing line safely.
Please follow the guidelines as specified here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-good-racecraft-guide.183891/
Sardenga
Mock nations world tour final. RBX2019 Competition car.
In this event we will be re-enacting a common Nations Cup World Tour combo. Liveries will be the standard Nations liveries of which many can be found online. Nations boards will also be used. It should go without saying but please use your nation's livery. (As dictated by the flag you race under.)

Saint Croix
Big Daddy RB. RBX2014 Standard Car.
A big track deserves a big car. Can use a livery that is not the Junior livery for this special event.

Special events will be worth double points (rounded up)

If you are interested please sign up below with the following details:

GTP Username -
PSN -
Racing Number -

8286724480261162524_0.jpg

Last edited:
Entries:

GTP Username - OJBrit
PSN - OJBrit
Racing Number - 6

GTP: Kermit_2142
PSN :Kermit_2142

GTP Username - tmsheehan
PSN - tmsheehan
Racing Number - 91

GTP Username - whiteusagi
PSN - whiteusagiJP
Racing Number - 17

GTP - FaustoAriz
PSN - GTC-FaustoAriz_
Number - 53

Reserve

GTP Username - RacingGrandpa
PSN - Resident_Knievel
Racing Number - 74

Last edited:
Hey OJ, I won't be able to join, I don't have the time to join a series regularly and the races are too late for me (00:30 lobby open in Germany) in general - and too serious for that late of an hour ;) But it looks like some good races you came up with. As a note on drivers registration, maybe you should mention some drivers you have raced with on here in a post to let them know the series is happening. Like this: @OJBrit >> you interested in joining this series?

Hey OJ, I won't be able to join, I don't have the time to join a series regularly and the races are too late for me (00:30 lobby open in Germany) in general - and too serious for that late of an hour ;) But it looks like some good races you came up with. As a note on drivers registration, maybe you should mention some drivers you have raced with on here in a post to let them know the series is happening. Like this: @OJBrit >> you interested in joining this series?
Thanks for the feedback.
Re timings it's a delicate balance with finding a time those across the pond can do whilst helping their work/life balance. I don't want to go too late on a Sat/ Sun for my own reasons and they are usually days taken up with other events too. However if there is a consensus to go for a different time and day then I am all ears.
I may tag people in at some point next week. But I like to let people naturally gravitate towards it. I'm sure they all check this forum on a regular basis and have seen it. Plus I haven't raced with all the regulars yet and will no doubt miss someone.
:cheers:

GTP Username - tmsheehan
PSN - tmsheehan
Racing Number - 91

When we get closer to the events I am going to need a little guidance on the liveries for the "special events". For the Sardenga Road Course A event, what is a "Nation's Cup" livery? I have the racing bib for this event.

For the Saint Croix C II event as long as the livery is different than our Junior livery are we good here?

It’s nice to see something hosted a little out of the ordinary 👍.

GTP: Kermit_2142
PSN :Kermit_2142
Welcome aboard.
GTP Username - tmsheehan
PSN - tmsheehan
Racing Number - 91

When we get closer to the events I am going to need a little guidance on the liveries for the "special events". For the Sardenga Road Course A event, what is a "Nation's Cup" livery? I have the racing bib for this event.

For the Saint Croix C II event as long as the livery is different than our Junior livery are we good here?
Nice to have you.

Liveries.
For Sardenga as I wanted to sorta do a mock World Tour I wanted to emulate the liveries also. So essentially if you made it to the nations world final then GT would provide you with a special USA livery to use on the car. Obviously they are not available when you purchase the car but are in game as if you went to the GT League events the AI use them. Many livery creators have made mock ups of the nations liveries to use in game. I will keep an eye out for one to share with you closer to the time.
For St. Croix, as it is a different car I'm simply giving a chance to use a different livery for it if you wish. If you have the same one on both cars then that is perfectly fine to use.
Essentially what you have on the Junior car race 1 should stay on the Junior car. But if you have something different for the RBX2014 car then that can be used.
I hope that makes sense.

Been looking for a championship just like this! Might not be able to join all of the races, but would definitely like to enter for those I can participate in. I might have a friend who is also interested, but is GTP membership a requirement?

PSN - whiteusagiJP
Racing Number - 17

Been looking for a championship just like this! Might not be able to join all of the races, but would definitely like to enter for those I can participate in. I might have a friend who is also interested, but is GTP membership a requirement?

PSN - whiteusagiJP
Racing Number - 17
Welcome.
I do not believe GTP membership is required to join leagues on here. So long as they can have sight of the forum to read the rules and check up on any changes I believe that should be fine. If I am wrong officially then I'm sure someone will let me know.

@Pigems @05XR8 @AfraidRacer @Chevy Heavy @GOTMAXPOWER @GTP_Guido @HaydenFan69 @MaxAttack @Michelin Man @mohitraina91 @O604 @RacingGrandpa @Tea_Leaves @The_Tullster @RX8 Racer @xxPinkyKissxx @Seth_Logan @gkgamer @Norrin Radd

Tagged as I have raced you guys in the past. Are you interested? Feel free to tag anyone else you think may be interested.
Thanks.
Thanks for the invite - the slot is a little too late in the day for me, so I'll have to pass, I don't want to fill my calendar too much as I open one series this weekend with another in the pipeline.

This looks like good fun though so I'll wish you good luck and it's a shame I can't make it :)

Thanks for the invite - the slot is a little too late in the day for me, so I'll have to pass, I don't want to fill my calendar too much as I open one series this weekend with another in the pipeline.

This looks like good fun though so I'll wish you good luck and it's a shame I can't make it 🙂
It's too late for me unfortunately. And that's a shame because it's everything I dreamt about.
No worries.
As mentioned to Goldstrief it's a combination of catering to the world and which days suit me best. However if moving the timings slightly would help and those who have signed up are o.k. with it I am happy to try and cater to that to get more people racing.

Edit
@Pigems Google says 6:30pm.

Last edited:
No worries.
As mentioned to Goldstrief it's a combination of catering to the world and which days suit me best. However if moving the timings slightly would help and those who have signed up are o.k. with it I am happy to try and cater to that to get more people racing.
Do what suits you first! It can be a bit tough to guess what's best but ultimately every timeslot is gonna work for some but not others. I'll keep an eye on the thread just in case it does change but don't reinvent the wheel just yet would be my advice!

@Pigems @05XR8 @AfraidRacer @Chevy Heavy @GOTMAXPOWER @GTP_Guido @HaydenFan69 @MaxAttack @Michelin Man @mohitraina91 @O604 @RacingGrandpa @Tea_Leaves @The_Tullster @RX8 Racer @xxPinkyKissxx @Seth_Logan @gkgamer @Norrin Radd

Tagged as I have raced you guys in the past. Are you interested? Feel free to tag anyone else you think may be interested.
Thanks.

I appreciate the offer, but I'll have to decline unfortunately. I can't/won't commit to full championships at the moment, and that's a little late for us. Nevertheless, looks like a good series, so I hope it turns out ok for you :cheers:.

Thanks.
Thanks for the invite but like a couple of other have said it's a bit too late for me on a Friday. I have bad experiences with the car too 😨

@Kermit_2142 @Timm Sheehan @whiteusagi
Hello.
I may have misjudged the timings on this and the majority of people cannot do the timings. I have been thinking of changing the time but would not want to do so without getting your approval as you have committed so far.
I have a couple of options.
First would be to move it forward by an hour which would preserve the day and dates. This would be then at 22:30BST/17:30EDT/07:30AEST/06:30JST
Second would be to move it to the last Saturday of the month at the times above. This changes the first round to a week earlier on the 26th.
I would be fine with either option or keeping it as we are. I would prefer as full a grid as possible and if a setting is hampering that then it makes sense to change it.
Please let me know your thoughts and whether there is a different option I haven't considered. Thanks.

Personally, I would be willing to wake up earlier (This equates to changing from a 7:30am start to a 6:30am start on Saturday in my time zone) if it means that there will be more people able to take part in the races. If, however, the earlier time zone does not improve participation then my personal (selfish) preference would be to have the events remain at the original time slot.

I’m unavailable that weekend but do whatever you want/need to OJ. Sadly there’s not much love for the red bull car, maybe a one off race would get more attention... It’s just how it goes sometimes. I will likely pull out if we continue to struggle for sign ups though. We may just need to defer starting a month or so 👍.

Back