Red Bull's Beat The Pro Returns to Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter Famine
  • 40 comments
I absolutely despise it when we're given hard tires for doing time attacks.

Posted a 1:59.263 for now.

Last edited:
So is there actually a lap time to aim for orr
The japanese site mentions that Yuki's lap time will be revealed in the next few days so they're probably editing the lap time video right now (or they wanna see how fast the top times are and put a respectable lap time unlike what we got with Max last time 😏)

I echo the sentiment that time attacks with hard tyres are absolutely buttcheeks, especially on a very technical track like Suzuka. Always up for a challenge though

Last edited:
Well I thought I'd have a laugh and see how bad I am, but NSX and hards I don't know. 3 Laps that don't count later and I quit. It's like trying to drive on ice. I could maybe get something about 2:00, but I'd probably need a full day to get that. Good luck everyone
I can upload a bit of a guide, it's not perfect but I got a 1:58.8 so it's an alright lap

Last edited:
Currently at 2:01.1 after a few clean laps. This is way harder than I imagined. I'm far from done though.

For those willing to practice, the car given in circuit experience is the same.;) Good luck guys!

Had a go this morning. All I can say is "proper track limits!"

c56a1c7a6355172f41991c219f28af8d.jpeg

I absolutely despise it when we're given hard tires for doing time attacks.

Posted a 1:59.263 for now.
Racing Hards have plenty of grip. The pole time in 2018 was a 2:01. The problem with GT has always been the uncommunicative FFB making the correct tyres feel less grippy than they should. Also the NSX's default setup is naturally quite oversteery so the extra understeer on the RH tyres actually makes it the best to drive in terms of balance (I drove this car for a whole season in FIA so I'd know).

Anyone know Yuki's time btw? I couldn't find anything on GT/RB websites.

Last edited:
Racing Hards have plenty of grip. The pole time in 2018 was a 2:01. The problem with GT has always been the uncommunicative FFB making the correct tyres feel less grippy than they should. Also the NSX's default setup is naturally quite oversteery so the extra understeer on the RH tyres actually makes it the best to drive in terms of balance (I drove this car for a whole season in FIA so I'd know).

Anyone know Yuki's time btw? I couldn't find anything on GT/RB websites.
No-one seems to know still

Considering the NSX Gr.3 is also the Circuit Experience car for Suzuka... anyone tried using their CE lap for this? Took few tries to beat my CE lap and even then it's not that much:

Personal CE: 2:05.332 (just for the gold, btw)
Personal BTP: 2:05.227

Somehow, not only Perez is 5 second slower vs Tsunoda, but he made lots of mistake in his run.

Last edited:
Somehow, not only Perez is 5 second slower vs Tsunoda, but he made lots of mistake in his run.
I guess they only tried one lap each and that was good enough. And apparently they did not have tracks limits.

But hey, a small challenge for GTS, ok no reward, but it is much better than nothing :) they must be busy with GT7 to launch on time ;)

Does Verstappen play GT sport?Maybe that's why he's a bit quicker.
I know Carlos Sainz and Ocon play quite a bit

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back