Red Bull's Beat The Pro Returns to Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter Famine
  • 40 comments
Managed to just barely beat Tsunoda's time after 2+ hours and 200+ miles.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20211022224851.jpg

Beating Tsunoda is good enough for me. The NSX is a pain to drive and Suzuka is probably my weakest track.

Does Verstappen play GT sport?Maybe that's why he's a bit quicker.
I know Carlos Sainz and Ocon play quite a bit
No shot he plays a game with that features his rivals sponsor. The videos are very weak and the dubstep background music just doesnt fit at all .

worst marketing move imo trying to get these red bull drivers to cameo

Verstappen complaining about the NSX Gr.3's excessive oversteer makes me feel a lot better :lol: PD really needs to sort out this car and the 458 Gr.3 suspension settings for GT7.

Are we gonna see Gasly and Albon's laptimes next I wonder?

Last edited:
Did they only give Perez one go so he'd put in a terrible time and make lots of people happy they could beat an F1 driver?

With these events, I like to run a slow time so I can see how many people have entered. However, it's quite tricky to do, as the game is quite fond of red-lighting your lap if you go too slowly but quite randomly.

I figured out that if you're off the throttle too long on bits of track you should be full throttle, that can cause the lap invalidation... so I hit upon a way to not do that but still be slow.

Sit back and witness the majesty, of this (probably) WORLD RECORD lap time...

Does Verstappen play GT sport?Maybe that's why he's a bit quicker.
I know Carlos Sainz and Ocon play quite a bit
nope but he plays iracing so it turns out pro racers can have good time in racing games if they play racing games ;)

I think Max gave us a good competition at this second "Beat the Pro Challenge". :bowdown:

To bad it took so long until their times showed up.
Would have been better If they already got the pro laps in the leaderboard from the beginnen of the challenge.
So it was just a normal time trail till the final days.
I think apart from Max none of the others really played GT Sport before or did more than a hand full laps for this challenge.

Here´s my run 1.58,664 or 188th on the world rankings! :)

Out of curiosity, I checked the LH challenge times. Lewis did a 1.58.508 in the AMG GT3, also on RH tyres, but non-BOP power. Even in a virtual setting they are inseperable :lol:

Wonder why Gasly didn't set a time in the end despite being shown in the promo materials.

Back