(red) MOMO FORCE Wheel & GT4 Prologue

Hi,

Today I modified my Momo Force Wheel .
I replaced the Momo Force Mainboard to GT-Force Mainboard,
the Wheel Potentiometer to 100K
the Pedal Potentiometers to 50K

Now the Momo Wheel work with all Playstation 2 Games , just like the GT-Force Wheel including GT4 Prologue :)

Edit:
The wheel work fine with GT4 too 👍

By the Way, a Pedal modification for the (red) Momo Force Pedal-Unit to use with Driving Force Pro Wheel, You can find at this Thread :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44143

Laters

Well Done Werner 👍

Very risky putting 2 wheels on the line :scared: .. but you pulled it off ... Congrats Buddy :cheers:

Take it easy man :)
Ron.

In the gt4p Game I have the same steering-options than a connected GT-Force Wheel.
( Beginer, Professional and Simulation )

With a connected Driving Force Pro, the steering-options change to Force-Feedback strongness : slight , medium and strong

I think controlled Drifting it is much easier with the GT-Force Wheel, or my Momo Mod.
With the Driving Force Pro in 900° Mode, i cant to absorb a skidding Car.

Werner,

How difficult was that to do? I would gladly purchase a used GT force wheel and swap boards to make my MOMO force fully ps2 compatible!! Also, did the pots for the steering and pedals come from the GT Force or did you have to purchase them elsewhere?

Thanks

Hi Dcon67

I have done this modification only to drive GT4P

You can use the GT Force Steering / Pedal Pots, but You must change the Pot locking and the Wheel-Stop too.

I used a special 100K version of the Megatron MP20 ( Conductive Plastic pot ) for steering and the GT-Force 50K pedal pots.
But it isnt a small modification !

You can connect the Momo buttons / Shifter without a electronic to the GT-Force Motherboard 👍

If You want, I can send You a connection diagram for the Buttons.

Current I'll work on a more simply Way. ( only by changing the Engine. )

Maybe it is better to wait , I think the GT4P Steering Part isnt finish !
Possibly the Momo work without a modification with the final version of GT4 :)

laters
Werner

Hmm... I thought all Logitech wheels worked with PS2. This makes me very sad, as the MOMO cost me 100 bucks and the Driving Force Pro is another 150! I am also so used to the MOMO I don't think there are any other PS2 wheels better than it. :(

Thank you Werner,

I may take you up on the diagram offer or if you have a simpler mod, even better....but I will wait and see, I am still hoping it will work unmodified with GT4, when its finally released.

Troy

Back