Reefer Madness: A BLAST Through the 80s, Sat 10:30pm UK (12 Nov start)

• Thread starter reefer
  • 221 comments
31.6 with the Peugeot.

31.6 for me too Leo but 32s are normal.

Silverstone is the home race of 7 drivers so I'm expecting big things from them in front of their home crowd!

I always liked this name for a beer
Wines-&-Beers-2-Old-Leg-Over-Beer.jpg

Racers for this weekend at Silverstone GP Circuit and SSR5:

1. Buybon
2. Suts
3. Tom Ascar (mgo)
4. fadmad
5. joe__kerr (me)
6. LeoStrop
7. Venari
8. Dave
9. Tooma
10. Autope (Al)
11. bcd (Boris)
12. gu1tar3rich
13. Crazy John
14. Benny44 (permanent slot offered in place of Hemi who didn't come for the first 2 weeks)
15. quinten1974 (permanent slot offered in place of ATLAS - still awaiting reply)
16. gkgamer (slot offered again this weekend in place of Jammy)

//

17. 353 Hemi (dropped to Reserve)
18. ATLAS--leonidas (dropped to Reserve)

Can't remember if I've mentioned it or not but don't deliberately take liberties with track limits at Silverstone; Charlie has eyes 'n ears everywhere:tup:

I think I'm in tonight, though if my spot gets taken by someone 100% sure then that is fine. I should know a few hours before race time....and I'll let everyone know a minimum of 1 hr before race. In the meantime, if anyone has a tune for the Puegot they'd want to share with someone who drives a bit like James May, let me know ;-)

EDIT - @reefer I am good to go for tonight. The race starts in approximately 1 hr and 20 mins? I think I have my math right

Last edited:
Good fun tonight (or this morning for some of you). I'm not fast but I enjoyed it. A couple accidents in the first race put me firmly in last(my own accidents involving just me). For me the second race was more enjoyable since I enjoy that track. 1/100th of a second between dave and I, and two seconds ahead of us were @fadmad and @tooma with only 6/100ths between them if I'm reading it correctly. I may have performed better but around the midpoint I caught a tire on the sweeper right before the tight hairpin and went completely off, losing 2-3 places and in dead last again by about 4-6 seconds. Anyway, thanks @reefer for letting me race. Hoping to do it again soon!

Well, I found some consistency and hung on. I was worried you lot were going to trounce me! Joe @reefer, you're just too darn quick in that RS2. I geared first for emergency track work and hence it bogged off the line and I got swallowed. Luckily for me there was some contact and 'good gentlemanly driving' which I sneaked through the middle of. I made a big suite of errors through Becketts etc one lap, but generally kept my nose clean the rest of the race, with the occasional 'too much apex' going on. From the replay, CrazyJohn and Colin had a proper ding-dong most of the way. :D

I like the 205 and SSR5, so once I was safely around Joe and realised no-one was really catching, I felt pretty comfortable.

My settings for the 205, bearing in mind I'm on DS3:

80/77
4.50/6.00
10/10//10/10
5/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00
Brakes 8/6

Trans fully set:
3.000/2.000/1.500/1.200/0.986 on a 3.556 FDR

Diffs
10/20
5/10
20/60
Stock Centre Diff

Power 284hp/42.2kgfm from Sport Computer, Race exhaust, Intake tuning and mid-range turbo. Possibly an oil change, I dunno.
Change at 7,000rpm (no point going higher.)

Fully lightened, 45kg ballast at -50 for 1094kg & 48:52 split.

Another good fun tonight. I was able to get a couple of spots on R1 at the start, but they were slowly getting back on me after each lap, at least i had fun trying to keep it in place with SM. On R2 i had a quick run to 4th place , but then @buybon355 and @richroo gave me such a hard time to find some space and make the pass, great driving guys!

Looks like it's SM for me again with the MR2 (i think). I like both cars and tracks, but i think i will not be very fast with the Civic.

Also, was having this one after the race:

Colorado.jpg

:cheers:

Week 3 Race 1 Silverstone GP Circuit Ford RS200 500pp

silverstone-gp-jpg.610330

Week 3 Race 2 Special Stage Route 5 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 465pp

ssr5-jpg.610338

80s Blast Standings After Week 3 (6 races)

1st LeoStrop____102
2nd joe__kerr____96
3rd gu1tar3rich___95
4th Autope______91
5th buybon______75
6th fadmad______63
7th Sutsagrd_____50
8th Venari_______48
9th Jammy______43
10th dave_______37
11th Crazy John__35
12th iamtooma___33
13th bcd73______20 (Boris)
14th Tom Ascar___17 (mgo)
15th nolucktoday_15 (quentin1974)
16th Benny_______8 (bic44)
17th f1r3str0m____7

Man of the Meet: Venari takes the honours this week. For a while I'd almost thought you'd lost it but 2 solid races today puts you firmly back on the map where you belong. Some great battles out there boys, good to see you all trying so hard giving it 110%. For me race 1 went to plan although I was off my practice pace. In practice after 10 laps I could still do a 2:10xx but fell into the 11s about lap 7 or so. At the start I was concerned with building a 2 second gap early, especially to Al and John, as I knew if they got a sniff of taking me into a corner they'd jump at it. But as luck would have it I got away. Race 2 and it was my turn to go on the SM tyres as I was leading the 'ship. It was always going to be tricky for me on SMs as I wasn't even comfortable on SS. (I have only been on SSR5 a couple of times.) I knew I couldn't squabble with the fast guys so let them go to fight it out for themselves. I had no idea who was in the lead or who had won until the end as my screen didn't show the top 2 places. I actually thought Leo had won so was a bit surprised to see it was Venari. Back to your old self I see V! I had a great ding-dong with Suts which was good fun. I really thought you'd have pulled away Suts but remembered you saying it was a throw-a-way tune you were using. So I got on it and tried to keep you keen. I wouldn't have got by you though if you hadn't made a mistake. Good fun as usual. My, aren't we blasting through the 80s:lol:

Tom Ascar, apologies for the lyrics in the soundtrack of the video. I like the song but the lyrics aren't suitable as a racing soundtrack.

I always liked this name for a beer
View attachment 609510

First time posting a pick, but @reefer and @fadmad made me think of it. Possibly my favorite looking can, just not the best IPA I've had

Also, was having this one after the race:

View attachment 610269

:cheers:

please foolk stop posting beer or I'll have to go on rehab lol :cheers:

On Silverstone I crashed 3 times damm Ford one in Q in race at first corner and lap 2 hopefully I was able to get back a bit and had good fun with @Sutsagrd with the RS200 practice and race is two different things
Race in the Peugeot was better
As usual fun weekend on track thank you all :cheers::cheers:

Tom Ascar, apologies for the lyrics in the soundtrack of the video. I like the song but the lyrics aren't suitable as a racing soundtrack.

Nice @reefer 👍

I like the 205 and SSR5, so once I was safely around Joe and realised no-one was really catching, I felt pretty comfortable.

My settings for the 205, bearing in mind I'm on DS3:

80/77
4.50/6.00
10/10//10/10
5/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00
Brakes 8/6

Trans fully set:
3.000/2.000/1.500/1.200/0.986 on a 3.556 FDR

Diffs
10/20
5/10
20/60
Stock Centre Diff

Power 284hp/42.2kgfm from Sport Computer, Race exhaust, Intake tuning and mid-range turbo. Possibly an oil change, I dunno.
Change at 7,000rpm (no point going higher.)

Fully lightened, 45kg ballast at -50 for 1094kg & 48:52 split.

Very different from mine Venari! I might test yours later to see the difference.

I was able to get to 29.300 with this one(also with DS3, on the Dpad):

SUSPENSION:
RIDE HEIGHT - 100 / 110
SPRINGS - 5.81 / 7.85
COMP - 4 / 3
EXT - 3 / 5
ARB - 3 / 4
CAMBER - 0.6 / 1.0
TOE - -0.05 / + 0.20

BRAKES: racing
BRAKES - 5 / 5

TRANS: Full Custom

TOP SPEED - 200 kph
1ST - 3.870
2ND - 2.646
3RD - 1.870
4TH - 1.406
5TH - 1.082
FINAL - 3.470

LSD:
INITIAL - 5 - INITIAL - 7
ACCEL - 14 - ACCEL - 22
DECEL - 6 - DECEL - 13

TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: 25:75

POWER PARTS:
COMPUTER - Sports
EXHAUST - Semi Racing
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - High RPM Turbo
POWER LIMITER - 96.4%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
WINDOW WEIGHT - Installed

BALLAST - 30kg @ -47
1084Kg with 47:53

Last edited:
Hi fiends. Strange weekend. I did a very good start in Silverstone but I couldn´t found my rhythm. On the week I was regulary doing 2.11.5xx and my best was 2.10.895 but I couldn´t repeat my times on Saturday race. However I enjoyed during the first race and I had lots of good battles with buybon255, rich and Fad .Nice.
In the second I had a very bad start. I forget change my 1st gear. On the first lap I forget Joe was wearing sm tyres and I couldn´t evoid him and then crashed with Fadmad, sorry mate.Then I had to make a big comeback but it was too late to take the leaders.
Good week mates.:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I wonder if Jammy will get into the 27s at AH this coming weekend? I'm at 28.3. What kinda times are you getting in the sm tyres Leo? And out of curiosity, what are you doing in the ss tyres? Anyone else with a time to chase at either track?

Mid to high 30's with SM Joe, i haven't used SS. I can't remember the civic very well, just had a quick run on sunday, maybe 16-17(SS)?

Got 1:17.3 at mid (after everyone left lol) still need to look at setup think i've used this car for something else so ran with that !
Hope i can find another sec to keep joe on his toes .....

Richy, I need you to have a good race at AH. Al too.

Leo, richy, Al (and myself): please practice on the sports mediums in the Mugen Motul at Midfield. Everyone else is safe from that tyre change for race 2:cheers:

Leo on sports mediums for race 1 at AH so please take that into consideration when around him.

For the very last race at Fuji – week 5 in the calendar, which is a 30 min race – I'm thinking of an all sports-softs shootout and tyre wear Fast or Very Fast, TBC.

Richy, I need you to have a good race at AH. Al too.

For the very last race at Fuji – week 5 in the calendar, which is a 30 min race – I'm thinking of an all sports-softs shootout and tyre wear Fast or Very Fast, TBC.
I LOVE the idea of tire wear set high. It adds the whole extra dimension of when to pit, how fast you can go with tires worn, etc. Strategy is fun:cool::gtpflag:
Oh, @reefer, I won't be around tomorrow for sure. Unless, of course, my vehicle breaks down or something like that:eek:

Racers for tonight at Apricot Hill and Midfield:

1. Buybon
2. Suts
3. fadmad
4. joe (me)
5. Jammy
6. LeoStrop
7. Venari
8. Dave
9. Tooma
10. Autope (Al)
11. gu1tar3rich
12. Crazy John
13. @quentin1974 slot offered this weekend in place of ATLAS
14. @gkgamer slot offered this weekend in place of Tom Asacr (mgo)
15. @353 Hemi place offered this weekend
16. Reithelm4 place offered for this weekend

Been in touch to say can't manage
bcd (Boris)
Benny44

Reserve Drivers
f1r3storm
ATLAS--leonidas

The second to last "jink" at AH can be pinched but don't steal the whole section guys. I will dock you if you do it consistently. Good luck tonight blasters!

This morning I bought the Logitech G29 steering wheel and in the afternoon I went to return it to the store. Sucks!!! Makes a lot of noise and I do not know if my unit would be in poor condition, because it was almost impossible to keep the car straight on the straights. Nor can roulettes be programmed. It was also necessary to make a lot of force to turn the steering wheel.The brake pedal is very hard and the pedal clutch is too close to the brake pedal. So since I was not convinced I returned it to the store. It costs too much money for what it's worth.Tomorrow I will go to a friend's house to try out your steering wheel, Thruthmaster T150 and if I like it I'll buy it´.
IMG-20161203-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20161203-WA0001.jpg
WP_20161203_001.jpg
WP_20161203_003.jpg

Last edited:
This morning I bought the Logitech G29 steering wheel and in the afternoon I went to return it to the store. Sucks!!! Makes a lot of noise and I do not know if my unit would be in poor condition, because it was almost impossible to keep the car straight on the straights. Nor can roulettes be programmed. It was also necessary to make a lot of force to turn the steering wheel.The brake pedal is very hard and the pedal clutch is too close to the brake pedal. So since I was not convinced I returned it to the store. It costs too much money for what it's worth.Tomorrow I will go to a friend's house to try out your steering wheel, Thruthmaster T150 and if I like it I'll buy it´.
View attachment 611805 View attachment 611805 View attachment 611806 View attachment 611807

Hi al if you are on a controller, i thing i Will take a Little time to get use to a wheel m8.
You can set the resistance in the Game :cheers: Look online for how to set the degres on the wheel. But good luck Hunting for a wheel m8 :cheers:

Back