Remaining 1.37% ? Where!

• Thread starter cyph
  • 21 comments
Okay.

I've completed all the GT League races, all the Special Event races, all the Rally races, all the endurance races (pain), and every single manufacturer race... Completed status is 98.63%.

Do I have to get all gold licences to make up the remaining 1.37%?

That's the only thing I haven't got, is all gold licences (mainly because I can't seem to do the licence tests right).

Just for some interesting stats of my game, btw.

Complete - 98.63%
Total Races - 260
Total Wins - 260
Win Ration - 100% :) :) :)

risingson - well, I've seen on FAQs, misc websites etc, that the most you can get is 98.25%, as the last 1.75% is apparently the drag racing stuff that was taken out.

Because at the moment I've got 98.63%, which either means those faqs are wrong, or sony updated it at a later date.

Possible?

this link says at "14.0 SIMULATION MODE RACES/CUPS" that it's possible (not in exact words though) that theres an updated version of the sim mode disc or some such. As I only bought the game like 6 months ago, I've likely got the updated disc right, if such a disc exists?

Ahh well. As I can't be stuffed fiddling with attempts at getting all golds on the licence tests, I think I'll just finish up arcade mode.

So easy :)

well, i got my game stuck at 97.3% for some time, untill it misterously want to 97.75% , i had and still have all the races done(including the arcade) and the gold B-lisence, i don't have any clue on what changed it. :confused:

You can get 100 % complete status in GT2, at least in the PAL version...actually in PAL version you can get 100,91% complete status. And no, getting gold in the license tests does NOT change your completed percentage. It doesn't matter if you get bronze, silver or gold from the license tests.

I think there are 3 different versions of GT 2 in North America, in the latest version you can get 100%, but in the earlier versions you can't. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally posted by JoniK
You can get 100 % complete status in GT2, at least in the PAL version...actually in PAL version you can get 100,91% complete status. And no, getting gold in the license tests does NOT change your completed percentage. It doesn't matter if you get bronze, silver or gold from the license tests.

So licence tests definitely do not contribute to percentage? Even though I only have silver on most of the tests, 1 or 2 golds, and 0 bronze?

I dont need to complete the event generators do I?

Argh, I don't think I missed anything!

Yep, I only have 55 gold but still have the game 100% completed. Yeah, you do need to beat the event generators, even though they don't show a trophy icon next to them, like all other races do. That might be your missing percentage.

There are at least three versions of GT2 - all bug fix editions. Perhaps you can get 100% in the later editions.

I have the first edition. None of the bugs ever caused a problem for me, so I never bothered trading it in.

Just try the easiest event generator event and see if it raises the percentage.. that's probably it. From what I remember the uncompleteable versions stays at 98.2 % so your copy should be alright.

ha-hem... here you go boys and girls...

Attachments

• gt2 screenshot.jpg
    gt2 screenshot.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 166
Are you sure the remaining was in drag races? Because in race simulator, it has little circles in the corner of the race just like the regular races like a place number should go there. Not to mention the 4 extra would add up to about 100%. Not to mention if drag accounted for only 2% of the game, there wouldnt be alot to do.

To dispel this theory once and for all: It is possible in the later versions (NTSC) to get 100%!!
Before my kids inadvertently reset my Mega Memory card I had about 4 or 5 100% game saves.
One of the things that you MUST do to complete the game is get the Super lisence. You do not have to get all golds on all the lisence tests.
Once you have completed all the manufacturer's cup, (make sure you've done them all) , all enduros, and All the other modes. Go to the "Event Generator" (GT Mode) At the screen with the "other" 5 race "Unlimited HP" series, you will see another arrow down in the corner).
Upon locating the "Event Generator" enter and win a race or series on each difficulty level.
Now go and check your percentage.
If it isn't 100% you have one of the early versions of the game and you'll NEVER get to 100%.
But after you do all the "Generated" races, you should be at 100%

I´m not sure if this aplies to other versions as I've only tried it on PAL but there's that vauxhall thing.
In the language select menu chose german and in north city you actually have an opel dealership - with exacly the same cars (decals on the tigra race car change though) - in a diferent place near lotus I believe. Complete the tigra cup with opel cars, save, reset, choose english again and that's it.

Yeah, that's what I did, but I did it in Spanish. I'm not sure, maybe you have to do it in all languages to get the 100%. I'd go find out but I have exams in the next few weeks and my brother deleted my game file. But I know for sure that if you go into the Opel dealership in North City in another language, the Tigra Cup needs to be completed even if you've finished it in Vauxhall. I don't think the infamous Drag Strip ever had anything to do with it, and you don't need to get all Gold medals in the Licences (phew!)

risingson77
One of GT2's many bugs is that you can never get 100%. You have the last minute deletion of drag racing to thank for that.
Yeah. I've got 100%

I thought it had something to do with arcade mode again. Ohwell.

Back