[renamed] Did anyone watch the Laguna Seca CART race?

• Thread starter wildcard
  • 12 comments
You're meaning CART.

Don't soil CART's image by saying it's the same as that bad joke called IRL. Please.

Yes, I watched the CART race today on CBS. Did anyone happen to see the replay of the crash from 2001 where Oriol Servia (sp?) went into the back of someone and did a huge nosedive into the dirt on turn one? I watched that one live... still amazes me he walked away from it.

Sorry, PunkRock! I was just confused, I wasn't making fun of CART, I just thought it was IRL. I know CART and IRL are different, anyway.

Coincidently I watched a little bit of it on Eurosport, not being familiar with the CART series Í must say it leaves me quite unimpressed. The cars seem to handle like reversed phoneboots! They should introduce other types of steeringwheels, it looks like a lot of drivers are struggling with the current really really round ones.

Those steerling wheels they use do look odd. It looks like it would be hard to use, but I guess if you're a professional race car driver, you get used to it!

btw sods if this is off topic, but any particular reason why the Laguna Seca Speedway has been renamed as the Mazda Speedway. I thought that the Laguan Seca Speedway would be re-nown and everyone would recognise it...but Mazda speedway?

Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
Somewhat misleading thread title corrected by me.

Snoopie, what exactly is a "phoneboot"?

phoneboot.jpg

Don't worry, it doesn't make sense or anything.

Originally posted by Matrixhasu77
Yes, I watched the CART race today on CBS. Did anyone happen to see the replay of the crash from 2001 where Oriol Servia (sp?) went into the back of someone and did a huge nosedive into the dirt on turn one? I watched that one live... still amazes me he walked away from it.
Yup, I saw it (the reply, not live! ;)). Quite stunning... the amount of energy that rebounded was just astonishing. :eek:

Back