Renault R.S.01 Tune 1:28.6 Dragon Trail

• Thread starter ___MIKE___
  • 15 comments
Philippines
Philippines
Though I would share my tune after many miles of trial and error.

TUNE for Dragon Trail gr3 gtsport

Max power

Minimum weight

TCS 0

Racing super soft

Brake balance 1 to the rear

Ride height inches 2.36/3.90

Natural frequency 3.77/3.80

ARB 10/9

Damping compression 51/51

Damping rebound 90/90

Camber 1.9/2.5

Toe 0.25/0.25

DF 400/800

Diff 55/35/25

Top speed 186

1st 2.923 58

2nd 1.930 88

3rd 1.543 111

4th 1.289 132

5th 1.063 160

6th 0.984 173

7th 0.894 199

Final 3.507

Glad you like it, 3000 odd miles went into that.

I know there is a couple of guys running 1:27s on Dragon Trail, but from what I've seen from the on-boards they're using TCS. I don't really know how I could go faster there.

Thanks for the setup. I tried it and while I like the lengthened 5th gear, it didn't work for me. Perhaps it's because I race without assists or maybe because I'm just so used to mine lol. I am trying to be able to consistently hit 1.28 and I can't get past 1.28.6, that seems to be it for me. But mostly I'm hitting low 1.29. There are some others I've seen get low 1.28s, I haven't seen a 1.27 in awhile, since that update a few months ago. I'm hoping to figure out a way to become more consistent in hitting 1.28 and hopefully get even faster, but racing against these guys who use TCS and CS etc. it's tough, at least on DS4 it is. (controller)

Thanks for the setup. I tried it and while I like the lengthened 5th gear, it didn't work for me. Perhaps it's because I race without assists or maybe because I'm just so used to mine lol. I am trying to be able to consistently hit 1.28 and I can't get past 1.28.6, that seems to be it for me. But mostly I'm hitting low 1.29. There are some others I've seen get low 1.28s, I haven't seen a 1.27 in awhile, since that update a few months ago. I'm hoping to figure out a way to become more consistent in hitting 1.28 and hopefully get even faster, but racing against these guys who use TCS and CS etc. it's tough, at least on DS4 it is. (controller)
I'm the same, low 1:29s and would really like consistent 1:28s. I don't run TCS but I do on occasion run CSA. I'd be interested to know what your gearbox tune is, I think that is the only thing lacking in my tune. I would also like to know what others are doing to be able to brake so much later than me, I tend to brake earlier so that I can carry more momentum and get on the power sooner which is great when driving solo but during a race I have people just so much later on the brakes and I guess letting TCS sort out the mess when booting it out of a corner?

I'm the same, low 1:29s and would really like consistent 1:28s. I don't run TCS but I do on occasion run CSA. I'd be interested to know what your gearbox tune is, I think that is the only thing lacking in my tune. I would also like to know what others are doing to be able to brake so much later than me, I tend to brake earlier so that I can carry more momentum and get on the power sooner which is great when driving solo but during a race I have people just so much later on the brakes and I guess letting TCS sort out the mess when booting it out of a corner?

My gearbox isn't anything special, of course I have final gear set to where I'm redlining at the end of the straight, then I have shortened 1st and 2nd because I tend to drop to 3rd for most turns (driving with no assists), and my 5th is shorter than yours to where if I hit the chicane just right (full throttle, no letting up on throttle) I'm redlining 6th when I get through and switching to 7th and redlining before the final turn. Now I'm not at home so that's just off the top of my head lol. As far as braking/accel, you may want to mess with the LSD settings as I keep mine kind of opposite of yours (again, maybe it's easier for me with no assists) but I keep torque really low usually around 5-10 , accel usually 10-20 (when exiting turns I don't want accel sensitivity too high or else i'm spinning with no TCS or CSA), and braking I keep higher around 40. I'm one of the ones who brakes late, and I'm big into trailbraking. I'll brake late, press brake all the way and then slowly let off as I'm easing in the turn and increasing acceleration.

Ah, I hadn’t noticed as I haven’t run the RS01 now for more than a week. Tired of the car and take enjoyment scalping people that are driving it.

Ford GT is my new gr3 car for now, working on a tune at the moment. Let me know if you find or make a good one.

Hello Mike.
Toe, in or out?
I'm using ds4 controller, TCS 0-1.
What's the setting for the driving options?
-ASM?
-Countersteering assistance?
-Abs?
-Controller steering sensitivity?

Thanks.

Hello Mike.
Toe, in or out?
I'm using ds4 controller, TCS 0-1.
What's the setting for the driving options?
-ASM?
-Countersteering assistance?
-Abs?
-Controller steering sensitivity?

Thanks.
Did you read the post and watch the video? It tells you there. Just counter steering

Back