Renault Sport becomes Alpine Cars

So is the RS line of Clio and Megane hatchbacks finished, or simply to be rebranded as Renault Alpine 275 Cup for example?

Wasn't Alpine already a car brand? I always assumed it was.
Yes - hence the Alpine A110.

This is simply a rebranding, moving products currently badged as "Renault Sport" (hot Clios and Meganes) to become Alpines.

VXR
So is the RS line of Clio and Megane hatchbacks finished, or simply to be rebranded as Renault Alpine 275 Cup for example?
They haven't gone into any specific details on this but, unlike the last time they tried this with stuff like the Renault Alpine A610, it looks like the word "Renault" won't be in there. It'll just be Alpine Clio 220, or whatever.

Probably the best thing about this change will be the styling updates to future models. Alpine obviously has a limited heritage but could easily develop its own unique design language

Yes - hence the Alpine A110.

This is simply a rebranding, moving products currently badged as "Renault Sport" (hot Clios and Meganes) to become Alpines.
Ah, alright. I got confused due to how it was worded, it made me think Renault was randomly adding another Alpine brand for some reason.

That's neat I guess, kinda like how the Citroen DS cars became their own brand. I'm actually a bit curious about the potential design language changes myself.

Every time a manufacturer does this a little part of everyone who browses used car ads dies inside

Not a fan of this. I associate the Alpine brand with a certain type of car and hot hatches are not the image that comes to mind. I think their intention is to move the RS cars upmarket but I fear it will end up diluting the Alpine brand instead.

Very much what I expected, especially with Renault moving to pure EV in the near future and the 180 km/h top speed limiters.

I associate the Alpine brand with a certain type of car and hot hatches are not the image that comes to mind.
A5_noire1.jpg

Yamauchi gave the brand a spotlight 6 years ago. Not a coincidence.
I can assure you 100% that it is nothing more than a coincidence.

Technically it's a Renault 5 Alpine, not an Alpine 5. So it still doesn't count :P

When I think Alpine, I think A110, A310, A610. I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say here.
Gordini in the UK (because Sunbeam had already trademarked the Alpine name).

With regard to the hot-hatch link, personally I don; have an issue with it given that the Alpine Dieppe factory has long produced a lot of the RenaultSport models.

Last edited:
3 upcoming Alpine EVs have been teased:
Alpine-EV-Future-4.jpg

Top to bottom: Coupe SUV, Hot Hatch (appears to be based on the Renault 5 Concept) and A110 successor. The second one has definitely taken my interest! 👀

It's too bad they're going to be EVs honestly. Alpine was reborn just a few years too late.

Alpine GT X-Over mule

1647838861897.png

1647838871046.png

1647838878982.png

1647838887282.png

Our spy photographers have captured a rough test mule in Renault's own frozen lake in Sweden, and it's believed to be the Alpine GT X-Over. Wearing a heavily modified Dacia Duster body, the electric crossover seems to have begun the initial stages of testing before production begins in a few years.

While not much can be said about the crossover EV in testing, it's important to note that an Alpine A110 was spotted with the test mule, along with a Nissan Ariya. Of note, the GT X-Over will be sharing its underpinnings with the Nissan EV, particularly the latest CMF-EV platform from the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance.

The GT X-Over will be built in Alpine's factory in Dieppe, which is now called the Manufacture Alpine Dieppe Jean Rédélé. According to the automaker, the production of its all-new crossover EV will commence by 2025.

Back