Renault Sport Clio R.S. Super Lap

52.4 is quick buddy! Keep climbing. :)

Thanks Andrew, appreciate the compliment. I'm still leaving at least another .200 out there that I can see, just need to string the lost sectors together. With more effort, I feel like I could improve even further....we'll see what happens. :)

@LS Chiou Don't give up my friend, you can do it....you just gotta believe. :) If I gave up whenever I was struggling, I wouldn't be where I am today. Keep at it and have a positive attitude, you'll be surprised what you can accomplish. ;)

EDIT: Like I said, you just gotta believe...just improved to 52.194 in 49th spot atm. That's the .200 that I needed to string together, anything else now is purely heart and determination. :)

Last edited:
Was able to get to 55.076. Then looked at what people were doing on rankings, saw everyone using SRF. So turned it on, got 54. something.

Logged in this afternoon and saw that I dropped some 150 places !!
Tried again, same setup and did a 52:803 on the fourth lap.
Place 345 :)
I left maybe about half a second on corner 1, but I need to work the setup, bacause the Clio seems to have no grip there...

I experimented with camber today and improved my time to a 51.6 :)
Loaded your ghost. Noticed the rear spoiler. Maybe I should try that also...
I was convinced I was losing most time at corner 1.
Big surprise to me was that I mostly came out of this corner in front of your ghost.
I am clearly messing up on turns 2 and 3 ... :banghead:

I'm stuck at 52.854... I still need to adjust the gears though. I just can't seem to get the power down early without it pushing wide.

Got a Clio RS tuned at 450PP a few days ago that will be released on my garage, so I decided to step down to 420PP. With less than 1100kg, no oil change, 204HP, it managed 54s on 1st lap :D ( No aids - ABS 0, no SRF ) - low 21s 1st sector and I think low 36s last sector, and I had a pretty messy 1st corner and too slow on the high speed esses before the final right curve which also not really smooth. It may even go lower to 53s without SRF in the hands of a better driver.

My face when driving a FWD
Brian-Regan-Dumb-Look.gif

I don't drive FWD in real life, and I don't drive FWD in the game. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Hopefully I can steal someone's tune and squeak out a gold. Unfortunately, I've sworn off SRF.

My face when driving a FWD

I don't drive FWD in real life, and I don't drive FWD in the game. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Hopefully I can steal someone's tune and squeak out a gold. Unfortunately, I've sworn off SRF.

I used praiano63s tune, just made gold @ 54:939, no other aids, no SRF, 0 ABS...
...with manual clutch and transmission (TH8 RS), so you should be fine with paddles. :)

You will have to de-tune the praiano63 tune, there are other good tunes on this thread too.

I have found the FFB for FWD is a bit on the weak side in GT6. :irked:
So I crank up in-game FFB to 7 for FWD now...
...but I usually set FFB to 3 or 4 for other drive trains.

I do drive a FWD vehicle in real life. :D

Last edited:
I did some more test, got mid 54s with flat 21s 1st sector on 1st lap :D ( same setup as before - no aids ) Will post the tune here :)

Last edited:
Once again the setup is good just don't have the tits to go faster, mind you I reduced to stage 3 weight after I got silver then tried to get gold about 1.5sec off had to go out and hadn't tried again to busy racing my faster cars.

RENAULT SPORT Clio RS '11 420PP version

Special build at 420PP for Super Lap at Brands Hatch Indy
Comfort Soft

CAR : Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 204 HP at 6700 RPM
Torque : 169.4 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 95.7%
Weight: 1054 kg
Ballast : 15 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 52 / 48
Performance Points: 420

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED ) - OPTIONAL -
Aero Kits Type A
Rear Wing - Custom Wing Type B
Wheels : +1 Inch Up - RAYS VR.G2 in Black
Car Paint : GT6 Chrome 004

Tuning Parts Installed :
Intake Tuning
Triple Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - H&R Coilover Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 75 85
Spring Rate: 8.16 8.16
Dampers (Compression): 8 6
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 0.0 0.8
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.00

LSD - 1.5 way LSD
Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 5

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION
Install all power parts
Set Default
Use default Auto Max Speed at 240kmh / 149mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.086
2nd 2.170
3rd 1.625
4th 1.273
5th 1.042
6th 0.865
Set Final : 5.000

Brake Balance:
8/10 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/8, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 8/10 brake balance as starting point. Alternative brake balance 6/10 or 7/10.

Notes :

I have built the Clio RS on 450PP and I decided to make a lesser state tune at 420PP for the Brands Hatch Indy Super Lap.

The car uses H&R Coilover Kit with spring rate at 80N/mm front and rear. LSD is optimized for traction and response without sacrificing steering response. The original 450PP tune has over 1200kg with distribution as closest as possible to the real car which has 65/35 :eek: But for this version, the tune is focused on light weight, agility and balance around corners. It was originally tested and tuned at Tsukuba, but I found with slight changes, works pretty well at Brands Hatch Indy.

The car is capable of 54s ( GOLD ) without SRF or any other aids - ABS 0, and should be able to do 53s with a better driver. My best time has flat 21s 1st sector at around mid 54s lap. Should be a good base for those who wanted to try something different :D Should work well with SRF too.

ENJOY :cheers:

Quite a point to start from. Within a few laps I placed 809 with 53,706 - still time to save here and there.
And I´m an average DS3 driver.

Suspension:
78 / 101
5,40 / 6,63
4 / 4
3 / 3
6 / 6
0,0 / 0,0
-0,13 / -0,05

Brakes:
7 / 7

Gearbox:
Set speed to minimum and final gear to max.
Now from 1st to 5th all to minimum
6th: 1,191
Final: 3,965

LSD:

Triple clutch thingy

Power:
100,0%
Sport-Computer

Weight:
Weight reduction stage 3
carbon hood
window weight reduction
Added 69kg at position 50%

no oil change

Thanks! Got gold at last, and a very decent 54.276 time for a noob driver like myself. :-)

finally got 51.8xx; the most important on this car for me is the height. Now i go wit 110-90, but i think is that the way to make te time. To play with height.

Pretty similar to what we found in the Focus FF WRS time trial. Most of those tunes had a higher front end, high rear brake bias, neg toe and dampers close to yours. This might be the way to do FFs in GT6, as the fastest tunes have these characteristics in common.

I've always tuned my FF cars in this manner, even in GT5. 👍

Pretty similar to what we found in the Focus FF WRS time trial. Most of those tunes had a higher front end, high rear brake bias, neg toe and dampers close to yours. This might be the way to do FFs in GT6, as the fastest tunes have these characteristics in common.

The ride height is similar like in GT5, a bug that is used to easily alter car balance - easy exploit, front high, low rear produces more oversteer, front low, rear high produces more understeer.

Dampers are dependent on many other aspects, if ride height exploit not used, it will be different story, as spring rate, arb, toe and camber will dictate more how the damper would work.

Try the same tune with level ride height and see how it goes :D or lower front.

Here is the link to my latest attempt at a Clio tune. It is possible to get a gold with it but the lap needs to be very clean, and I can't do a very clean on lap on this track for some reason. This car has potential though in the right hands.

Link here

I got to within 0.8 seconds of gold time in the end without using SRF. Then i gave in and used SRF to claim gold in one lap.

Here is the link to my latest attempt at a Clio tune. It is possible to get a gold with it but the lap needs to be very clean, and I can't do a very clean on lap on this track for some reason. This car has potential though in the right hands.

Link here

I got to within 0.8 seconds of gold time in the end without using SRF. Then i gave in and used SRF to claim gold in one lap.
Very good tune, (my gearing, full weight reduction...) did about 54.7 srf off, and 52, 6 on, few tries each. my best my tune, 52.272, will stay with yours for 20-30 runs tyyyyyyyyy

52.126 own tune, very conservative last turn, but I doubt I can do 1st 2 sectors as good.

Is it me or live timing doesnt work in gallery?

Last edited:
Back