Renovo Coupe 2015

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 47 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage presents a brand new electric car, the Renovo Coupe 2015.
This car combines the good looking classic lines of the old days racing cars with high technology under the hood and lots of muscles in disguise.
Renovo claims to be America's First All-Electric Supercar.
The Renovo will debut at 2014 Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance.

Suggestion by CostasDrifter

2ew2q20.jpg

Renovo Motors, a Silicon Valley Car Company, is driven to create the world’s most exciting vehicles. By harnessing the power of the latest electrical, mechanical, and software systems the Renovo team creates cars that redefine the driving experience. Their debut offering, the Renovo Coupe, sets multiple benchmarks in the EV supercar segment and demonstrates the performance, control, and excitement that is made possible by Renovo’s patent-pending technology.
Renovo Motors sought to create an aspirational vehicle that demonstrates the performance, control, and excitement that is possible with EV technology.

The Coupe’s sculpted drivetrain is on full display in its genuine, factory-modified CSX9000 chassis supplied by the world-famous Shelby American brand. Completely reimagined by award-winning designer Peter Brock, the CSX9000 delivers the features of a modern supercar while retaining the classic and race-proven aerodynamic silhouette of the original 1964 Le Mans winning car.

The Coupe sets a benchmark 0-60 time of just 3.4 seconds, the fastest of any production rear-wheel drive electric vehicle. The car’s massive 1,000 foot-pounds of torque is available immediately from a dead stop and delivers perfectly linear acceleration that is unlike any car on the road today.

The mid-mounted twin sequential axial-flux motors deliver both power and efficiency, with optimized energy mappings for a wide range of driving conditions. When run at full throttle, the motors produce over 500 horsepower. More importantly, the drivetrain ramps to full power in just 37 milliseconds—about ten times faster than the blink of an eye—and further redefines how a performance vehicle can respond to the commands of the driver.

Multiple separate battery enclosures enable a performance-oriented weight distribution and minimize chassis volume requirements. The Renovo Motors drivetrain is less than 40% of the total weight of the car, and yet delivers the highest peak power in its class.

Specifications
  • 0-60 in under 3.4 seconds
  • 1000 ft-lbs of direct-drive torque instantly available
  • Twin sequential axial flux motors producing over 500 horsepower
  • Incredible throttle response with full power available in just 37 milliseconds
  • Patent-pending modular lithium ion battery technology
  • A curb weight of just 3,250 lbs
  • 30 minute quick charge and 5 hour level 2 charge
  • Genuine, factory modified Shelby American CSX9000 rolling chassis
  • Flexible control system with dynamic in-cabin regen adjustment
  • Proudly built in Silicon Valley, USA
  • Entering limited production in 2015
  • Featured at the 2014 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
  • Preview at the Gold Rush Rally to benefit the Taylor Lynn Foundation

2ziziwh.jpg

25s3m35.jpg

33kulfp.jpg

23kq4h2.jpg

OTHER CLASSIC CARS ARE HERE

Last edited:
I love the look but electric cars are the mechanic equivalent of the anti-Christ.

Yes, I respect your opinion.
But electric cars are the future if we liked or not, I know the engine sound is gone.

I drove a day in Opel Ampera .... after a few minutes I don't miss the engine sound at all, finally I could listen to the radio and talk with someone in the car. It's all about getting used to.

Missed your suggestions.

Have a nice day.
:cheers:

Never heard such a statement. Made me giggle.
I feel the same way about BMW & Renault piping artificial engine sounds through the sound system speakers.
Renaultsport give the option of making the Megane RS sound like a Cliosport V6! Total BS & an insult IMO.

In my pure opinion...

ANY electric motor is an absolute disgrace to that body and its legacy, even its shadow shouldn't have to be soiled by such a thing.

Over 500 HP, that would make it the most powerful EV in the game, and it has all the TORK you would ever need.

Just the thing to annoy people who think a car like this shouldn't exist. I can drive around in a Cobra Daytona Coupe, and then pull this out and confuse people.

I have actually been yelled at while driving my Tesla Model S just for it being an electric car.

Over 500 HP, that would make it the most powerful EV in the game, and it has all the TORK you would ever need.

Just the thing to annoy people who think a car like this shouldn't exist. I can drive around in a Cobra Daytona Coupe, and then pull this out and confuse people.

I have actually been yelled at while driving my Tesla Model S just for it being an electric car.

You drive a Tesla .... that's awesome.
A Company I worked for .. has one of those.
I only can say it drives electric!!!!!!!!!
:cheers:

Tesla%20Roadster%20ING%201.jpg

I like how it pisses off the people who can't understand how truly awesome EVs actually are. It's just an electric drivetrain, in that gorgeous body.

It has 1,000 lb.-ft. of torque, which can be used the second you step on the rheostat accelerator.

At least, there's evidence in my head :lol:

Which means that it's completely irrelevant.

why add this one when we have the original Shelby Coupe?

...Because it has 1,000lb/ft of torque, is quicker and more responsive than the original and has a plethora of small visual updates that make it look that much better, such as LED halo headlights, the aforementioned interior and tyres that actually look right for the car, not like the skinny bicycle tyres that were fitted to the original :

image.jpg
image.jpg

...Because it has 1,000lb/ft of torque, is quicker and more responsive than the original and has a plethora of small visual updates that make it look that much better, such as LED halo headlights, the aforementioned interior and tyres that actually look right for the car, not like the skinny bicycle tyres that were fitted to the original :

View attachment 323503 View attachment 323502

Yeah , but it's not the original one , that's the whole point , but it's just my opinion. The Ferrari 250 GTO sold for almost 40 Million Dollars in auction , do you think a electric version with LED headlights and bigger tyres made by some random brad would sell for 40 million dollars in auction? No , because it's not the original.

Yeah , but it's not the original one , that's the whole point , but it's just my opinion. The Ferrari 250 GTO sold for almost 40 Million Dollars in auction , do you think a electric version with LED headlights and bigger tyres made by some random brad would sell for 40 million dollars in auction? No , because it's not the original.

Of course it's not the original. Nobody cares how much it would be worth in the game, that's irrelevant on GT. Purists can buy the original if they want, but I'll take this forward thinking variant over that any day.

Of course it's not the original. Nobody cares how much it would be worth in the game, that's irrelevant on GT. Purists can buy the original if they want, but I'll take this forward thinking variant over that any day.

Would you rather have the car that ran on Le Mans to compete with Ferrari or an electric kit-car?

This are some of the races that the Original Shelby Coupe won:
How much race peedigree does that have?

Not saying i'd mind having it in GT , but seems kinda pointless IMO.

Back