Replaying GT1

• Thread starter Sakiale
  • 11 comments

Sakiale

(Banned)
Anyone have any tips?

I currently have one car and only one car--the Mitsu Lancer EvoIV, with 492 HP. Not yet fully upgraded. Top speed of 180 mph. I have beaten the Sunday and Clubman cups, the 4WD cup, and now Im stuck. I cant beat the GT cup in the Lancer, and I dont feel like doing another race over and over again to get more money for a different car (since I dont think the lancer'll cut it, all ive got left to upgrade is weight, and tranny).

Any tips?

Also, settings for the Evo and a list of all of the prize cars including colours would be appreciated.

That's where I would start...take the weight down to stage 3, but don't race-mod it. See if that helps. Also, a racing tranny will help you gear the car for a higher top speed (by lowering the final drive)...this will keep the Lancer from maxing out down those long straights and it can help you set the gears so that the engine is always in its proper powerband.

Study the horsepower/torque chart to see where the max power is, and gear your car so that the tachometer is constantly in this area. Turbo lag can mess you up in GT1 pretty good so gearing is real important.

Last edited:
Well, thanks for the advice but as I just moved, I only just got internet, and I already did all of the above and now have upwards of 20 cars including the awesome chaser LM, the Cerbera LM, the awsome concept car (which is amazing, so light, so good acceleration and handling!) and only have a few endurance races left to do to beat the game.

However, prize car list would still be appreciated, so that I dont do the same race over again only to recieve the same car.

thanks.

edit, I actually beat the GT cup without changing anything, all it took was a few good practice runs

Well, thanks for the advice but as I just moved, I only just got internet, and I already did all of the above and now have upwards of 20 cars including the awesome chaser LM, the Cerbera LM, the awsome concept car (which is amazing, so light, so good acceleration and handling!) and only have a few endurance races left to do to beat the game.

However, prize car list would still be appreciated, so that I dont do the same race over again only to recieve the same car.

thanks.

edit, I actually beat the GT cup without changing anything, all it took was a few good practice runs

Very cool. I was wondering what happened with your game. I have a vague memory of having the same problem in a Camaro ...I couldn't get past the Clubman or something. Then I discovered weight reductions! :sly:

Last edited:
well thanks! I see Ive still got quite a way to go then, if I want every prize car and color.

So far Ive got the Chaser LM (Love this car :drool:) 1:43 in SSR11!!
the yellow SilEighty (nice car.:))
the white/blue GTS-R (Nice car)
black Del Sol LM
Burgundy Cerbera LM
Purple Concept car (OMG I love this car!)
Green RX7 A-Spec LM
Purple DB7
Yellow R32 GT-R (nice rims :))
Blue STi
and Red Silvia LM

Plus a few playthings of my own :sly:
(Viper GTS fully upgraded, my Lancer, a Griffith 500 fully upgraded, and a [R] Cyborg R.)

The [R] Cyborg looks like Rhys Millens drift car, very cool!

Only problem is, its not the best at drifting... Still managed a few good runs at trial Mountain though!

PS, anyone know if the prize cars are affected by the starting grid?

No, the prize is the same every time, but like the example of the castrol supra gt
you can win 2 or 3 different cars or different versions of one car.

does the cars in the starting grid affect what prize car you get?
Nobody has ever figured out any reliable means to influence or predict what prize, or what colour prize, you are going to receive from any event.

P.S. I thought the GT Cup should be winnable with that Lancer. However, I wasn't sure how much difference weight reduction and, especially, gearing might make, in addition to not being sure of your skill level. So I kept quiet. :dopey:

The GT Cup and GV Enduro 300 were my 2 fave races in GT1. I just loved battling it out against an AI Viper, Griffith, and NSX in the GT Cup...

Nobody has ever figured out any reliable means to influence or predict what prize, or what colour prize, you are going to receive from any event.

P.S. I thought the GT Cup should be winnable with that Lancer. However, I wasn't sure how much difference weight reduction and, especially, gearing might make, in addition to not being sure of your skill level. So I kept quiet. :dopey:

My skill, you'd probably say is amatuer. Except when in a Chaser LM :dopey:

Meaning, I can't gold all licenses. Maybe 3 of each license gold, the rest silver at best.

And I did end up beating the GT Cup in the Lancer without any extra mods the same day I posted this thread... just took some more practice, after 2 races it was down. And yes it was with the NSX (which was really slow), the Viper (which was really fast) and the Cerbera (which was... well I don't know what it was :lol:)

Latest Posts

Back