Request for Race\#Laps Write-up

I do not have GT4 yet, but I'm interested in making a list of all the races and how many laps they are. Basically a checklist with the name of each of the Series, Track name, and number of laps. Prize cars do not matter. Include the cars raced against if you wish.

Has anyone started a series Write-up yet? I know I keep a notebook handy with GT3 and will do the same when I get GT4, so expect to see some contributions from me in the future. Being from a Nascar gaming background (Sierra\Papyrus), points racing is something I enjoy and I'll be keeping detailed records.

Catawba Warrior
Has anyone started a series Write-up yet? I know I keep a notebook handy with GT3 and will do the same when I get GT4, so expect to see some contributions from me in the future. Being from a Nascar gaming background (Sierra\Papyrus), points racing is something I enjoy and I'll be keeping detailed records.
If you check in the Read before asking sticky in the GT4 forum, there's a post there with all the different series and their requirements. Don't think anybody added tracks/laps to it though, but I know somebody in the thread also requested this.

BTW, Papyrus Nascar is one awesome game. I put it and GT in the same league. Papyrus also had awesome tire wear status to help with camber setup. The one thing GT4 really needs. Why don't you have GT4 yet, you gotta go sell some stuff and get it today.

Not much time to reply, but if you'll go read what you referred me to you'll see what I saw, track lists, car lists, and nothing remotely close to what I asked for.

As for the Series write-up, if there is one it should be in here, nowhere else. Something similar to what you (dhwebb) have done with LS and NY, only for an entire series.

I haven't purchased the game yet because of several reasons. #1 is that I don't believe there's a copy available in this town. #2 is that my sister's health and keeping her business going is a tad more important to me. I'm not one that has to have something right away, I have patience, and her week long hospital stay alone was $20,000. When the bills for surgery, radiology, and whatever else starts coming in, that will increase. I'll get the game sometime soon, right now I really don't have the time to play much anyway.

I believe that although it is Nascar, the Sierra game is superior to GT. It's a computer game and has so many more options such as creating my own race schedule, better setup options, damage, 42 opponents that I can set the AI for individually, no need to go on. That's my opinion, although I do love GT and play it because of the big screen, better track variety, and the cars, so it's not like I'm downing GT at all.

dhwebb
Don't think anybody added tracks/laps to it though, but I know somebody in the thread also requested this.

So he did say it isn't there yet Catawba, but i do now apologise for ordering you to get GT4, that is a very good reason not to and i am sorry if i caused upset by saying that in your current situation...
In other matters though, a series writeup would prove very interesting, and i think people should perhaps if they want, post what setups they used (specifically not just what parts they added, such as spring level etc)

I wasn't upset by either post, but I do get defensive very easily. I've read the stickies and who knows how many pages of other threads in my time here. I'm not a "newbie" at message boards, I've done this for ten years now. This is a game we're talking about and although I take my games seriously, they are still only games. No need for anyone to ever apologize to me for saying what they feel, I'd rather you be honest and up front.

The post by Famine is just what I was looking for. I keep detailed records like that so that I can plan ahead and spend more time in the game racing instead of looking for which race I want to run. It's good to see someone else does the same. I have to say I'm disappointed though, it looks like they've cut the laps on most of it. Very few 10-15 lap races. 1-3 laps is more of a qualifying session for me than a race. From that list it looks like Extreme Hall and Endurance Hall will be my main hangouts.

Thanks for the replies and if I sounded upset in my reply, I apologize.

Back