Reservation of the next Installment

Today I reserved my copy of GT4, due first quarter 2004 and speculated to arrive in America on February 16th, and I'm stoked. I was the first to reserve at the biggest game store in the area and will be a guaranteed owner of GT4 on its first debut in USA.

I'm curious as to where this guy reserved his copy of GT4 because last time I checked the calendar, it was August 11th and GT4, according to toyomatt, won't come around for another 5 months. I pre-ordered Madden NFL 2004 approx. a month before it's supposed to be shipped (this thursday) and that was the first available time pre-order was available.

I find it rather peculiar that a video game store would offer something for sale that's, in my opinion, far from being completed. :odd: Just my thoughts though...but if this is true, I might drop by this place and put down a deposit myself. :D

yay! :rolleyes:

I think i'll wait. but still.. well I am just not the type to preorder anyhow, I mean like I'm not gonna miss out of anything. :)

I've had mine reserved from Play.com for the last 3 months. Their current estimated release date is 12th December...

Bleh. No need to reserve. I've never reserved, and I've gotten GT2, GT3, and GTA4 on the first release day with little or no problem(GTA4 was a close one...I was told that they had tons and tons of copys at one of the Best Buys around here. So me and my bro drove up right after I got off the phone. Took about 15 mins to get there(it's in St. Peters MO) but I wasn't worried because I asked if there would still be copies there with the time it would take to get there. I go in, look around, no GTA4 anywhere. So I ask. They ran out earlier that day. So I was pretty pissed and I started arguing with the guy there...then I notice the reserved copy he had was reserved for some Matt person till 6:15. It was about 6:10. Meanwhile, my bro took his MX-6 to a gas station cause at the time the oil light was sparatic and he wanted to check it out. So he left me there. So I walked around...then I see the same guy approching, and he has a copy. He's like "here, this was reserved till 6:15, but it's 6:17 so it's all yours. So I go buy it, then wait for my bro. Several mins later I watched a group of kids talking about GTA4 go into the store. I didn't see them come back out before my bro came, but I doubt they were happy. :)). No need to spend more money if you can get the same thing at the same time.

All you gotta do is call around. Call Best Buy every hr or so on the release day and ask if they have it yet and when they have it. I got one of the first GT3s in the area at Best Buy(not the one in St. Peters)...I showed up, and they were unpacking a box of em. In and out in 5 mins with GT3.

I reserved mine three days ago and the salesperson said it would be released around Nov. Dec. or Jan.

Originally posted by MazKid
Bleh. No need to reserve. I've never reserved, and I've gotten GT2, GT3, and GTA4 on the first release day with little or no problem(GTA4 was a close one...I was told that they had tons and tons of copys at one of the Best Buys around here. So me and my bro drove up right after I got off the phone. Took about 15 mins to get there(it's in St. Peters MO) but I wasn't worried because I asked if there would still be copies there with the time it would take to get there. I go in, look around, no GTA4 anywhere. So I ask. They ran out earlier that day. So I was pretty pissed and I started arguing with the guy there...then I notice the reserved copy he had was reserved for some Matt person till 6:15. It was about 6:10. Meanwhile, my bro took his MX-6 to a gas station cause at the time the oil light was sparatic and he wanted to check it out. So he left me there. So I walked around...then I see the same guy approching, and he has a copy. He's like "here, this was reserved till 6:15, but it's 6:17 so it's all yours. So I go buy it, then wait for my bro. Several mins later I watched a group of kids talking about GTA4 go into the store. I didn't see them come back out before my bro came, but I doubt they were happy. :)). No need to spend more money if you can get the same thing at the same time.

whats GTA4?? its not out yet

oh you must be talking about GTA Vice city, thats not GTA4

Originally posted by Blackfish
So, in other words, no onw has any clue when GT4 will actually be released?

Well, of the three dates you pulled, one is EU/PAL and the others are US/NTSC. The estimated date for the EU/PAL release has varied from 11th November to 26th December - currently slap-bang in the middle (Amazon.co.uk say 26th December still, Play.com now on 12th December, EB say 26th November). I haven't seen an estimated date for US/NTSC earlier than 7th January yet.

To me it looks like a worldwide simultaneous release, probably in late December.

Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
whats GTA4?? its not out yet

oh you must be talking about GTA Vice city, thats not GTA4

why can't it be called gta4? the third one was called gta3. Makes since Vice City is the 4th so wouldn't it be gta4? :)

what about GTA london???
that wasnt called GTA2

GTA
GTA London
GTA2
GTA3
GTA Vice city
and coming GTA4 (and possibly some other GTA based on like GTAVC)

gta london is the old style game that used the birds eye view, as for the GTA4 / GTA: Vice City, you can not call GTA:Vice GTA4, because, simply, GTA3 and GTA: Vice are based off of the same computer engine and that GTA4, upon release, will not have the same title.

Back