Resurrection of Seasonal Events (Kinda)

England
England
Player_7421
Player 7421
Hello, I think I can speak for many of us when I say that I miss playing Gran Turismo 5 daily. Especially the seasonal events. I have found a way to kind of recreate the seasonal events, and have attempted to bring back some of the fun that was taken away when the servers got taken down. I use to play the heck out of this game when it had the online functions and I miss it dearly.

Disclaimer: *A GT5 garage editor is required for this, any garage editor which allows you to add Cr. will do.*

Now I know this sounds like hassle, to back out of a game to add some money to your game after a race but I`m just trying to bring some life back to Gran Turismo 5. Seasonal events should not have gone along with the servers. It was the best way to earn money, and that`s what I`m trying to bring back. I also know that yeah with the GT5 Garage editors you can add as much money as you like to your game, however, for me anyways it just takes away the fun. I miss earning money from the seasonal events so I could upgrade or buy lots of cars that I did not own. That was the fun of it, it kept me going and wasn`t too grindy compared to the normal events.

Edit: I would recommend doing this if you have not collected all the cars. Or if you want to do a re-run of the entire game. (That`s what I`m doing)

To do this, you find a race that was previously a seasonal event (see down below). For example, the 1 lap Nürburgring event that would gift you 1,000.000 Cr. when you had the 200% login bonus. It won`t always have the exact same opponents obviously too. But go to Expert Series > Gran Turismo All Stars > Race 3: Nürburgring. Do the race, if you win, go onto the GT5 Garage editor and add a million or however many credits to your account. There will be a list of races below to do, with cash pay-outs. I will add three every week to keep it fresh if anybody is interested in doing this. I will also reference every event I do with a link, so you get the idea of why I chosen that race. If anybody actually is interested in doing these, I will add three every week. They will be mix ups, and some new 1 make events I may add. For every race I recreate, there will only be one pay-out with a 200% bonus so it isn`t too easy to earn money. (trying to be fair and realistic)

Week 1:

Professional Series > British Lightweights > Race 1: London
Laps: 3
Prize Money: 1st - 300.000 Cr.
https://www.gtplanet.net/british-lightweights-gt5-seasonal-event-online-car-dealership-updated/
mini-cooper-s-tsukuba-gt5-thumb.jpg

Practise > A - Spec One Make > Original Circuits > Deep Forest Raceway
Laps: 5
Prize Money: 1st - 500.000 Cr.
https://www.gtplanet.net/new-honda-civic-competition-seasonal-event-in-gt5/
civic-seasonals-2.jpg

Expert Series > Gran Turismo All Stars > Race 3: Nürburgring
Laps: 1
Prize Money: 1st - 1,000.000 Cr. (200% bonus)
https://www.gtplanet.net/nurburgring-featured-in-latest-gt5-a-spec-seasonal-events/
citroen-gt-nurburgring.jpeg

(Anything i have got wrong, please let me know and i`ll correct it. Provided links for references and pictures used as stated above)

Enjoy. :cheers:

Hate to bump an old thread, but lately I've been having fun simulating seasonals. Back in the day they were the best way to get credits and XP. Simulation is a better option than mindless grinding or just giving yourself money. Besides, with over 950 cars in my garage I need an excuse to start using them.

With the Master Mod, one can better setup seasonals by using the Limited Opponents option in the Secret Menu. You can also use the debug menu to give out credits and XP. Using Professional difficulty in Arcade mode seems to be more of a challenge than the original seasonals, by the old videos I've watched. Seasonals apparently were nothing but overtake challenges (I did not have GT5 when it was online, not sure if all of them were like that). There are still some limitations to what you can do, though...

EDIT - forgot to mention, you need to buy your car in GT mode and add it to your Favorites list so you can tune it in Arcade mode.

a. The debug menu only lets you add credits in increments of 300,000. XP is also added incrementally, the amount depends on what level you are. Some math and rounding will be needed.
b. Cars may not be tuned exactly the same as they were in the original event.
c. No way to force the AI to use a certain tire type. If the event allows Sports Softs, but the AI is using Sports Hards, you should use the hards.
d. Some events featured tracks made with the course creator. There's no way to recreate the track, so either randomly generate one, or pick a PS2-only one.

I just did the first race of the 580PP Stars and Stripes seasonal at High Speed Ring Reverse, with a Shelby Series One at 580PP, and barely won, passing the lead car on the last lap with only several hundred meters to go, and I drove nearly mistake-free.

Last edited:
Back