Revisiting the olden days.

• Thread starter Acid X
  • 18 comments
United States
California
Axidwulv
Just the other day i was taking a visit to the local gamestop to put down money on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. From out of nowhere it hit me. I should get the original Gran Turismo. See, i used to have it but i lost it a while back, so i bought it again for 3$.

In my opinion (as others have also said) - The original GT is and always will be the BEST in the series. I love the music selection, i love the cars, i love how the cars respond, i love the tune up parts, and the racing modification. I severely hope to see Racing Modification brought back in GT4, and with some luck it looks like it will be.

Anyway, back on subject, has anyone else had "the urge," lately? (You know.. To play GT...)

I had the urge to play GT1 again a while ago, however after putting the disk into the PS2 and doing an arcade race to get used to it again, I found it crashed while trying to load the post race screen everytime.

I play GT1 like crazy if my GT3 copy isn't around (a friend of mine borrows it from time to time)

Is there a way to keep cars like the NISMO GT-R or the Castrol Supra from bouncing on the inside tires when you're going through banked turns? I can hardly drive those on the High Speed Ring.
Anyone else experience that problem?

Sleek Stratos
Is there a way to keep cars like the NISMO GT-R or the Castrol Supra from bouncing on the inside tires when you're going through banked turns? I can hardly drive those on the High Speed Ring.
Anyone else experience that problem?

try to soften the stabalizer(sp?)and higher downforce (it worked for me)

i had the urge to play GT1 but when i did my old game was erased! :mad:
so i started a new one :)

Acid X
Anyway, back on subject, has anyone else had "the urge," lately? (You know.. To play GT...)
I agree with you that GT is the all round best game in the series and I also hope that Racing modification will return in GT4. It's the single biggest let down in GT3!!!

I am currently running each winable car in each race series that it can legally enter. Had a panic last night though, went to load GT and my PS1 mem card wasn't working. :scared: Tried everything to get it to work and then decidede to continue my GTP game. After palying for a couple of hours I noticed that my PS1 card was working again :banghead: , so I hope it isn't going to do a repeat performance tonight. I'm so nearly finnished, I have won every car and for most cars I have only GVS & SSR11 endurance races to finnish. Then I'll buy the NSX special and see how it compares to the other cars. Then onto GT2. :eek:

I still play GT1 at least once a week using the EPSXE emulator. The graphics on the ARI radeon 9600 looks a lot better than using the real PS2 and the TV.
Great games never die.

Well I successfully got the card working again and ran my SVX on both GVS & SSR11 as well as my GT-R LM on GVS. I was surprised how well both the Lancer IV GSR and SVX did on both GVS & SSR11 because I won both races with both cars. :D Mind you the best AI car was an Imprezza Rally Edition with over 500 BHP but the gear settings for top speed were way off. :lol:

I too had lost it a long time ago... well, not really lost it, I sold it and GT2 to buy the PS2. Big mistake. I bought GT1 a few months ago seeing it in the store, and picked GT2 up last summer to participate in some OLR. It was so much fun to head back to my old MA70 Supra, or to run against the damn NSX in the Normal Car series. Plus getting the old Demio back into full tune and sitting it up on two wheels through every turn :D

The game feels so small, though...

SlipZtrEm
It was so much fun to head back to my old MA70 Supra, or to run against the damn NSX in the Normal Car series.
Trying to beat that NSX in the normal race was a real challenge.

SlipZtrEm
The game feels so small, though...
Small:confused::confused::confused: I don't know how many hours I have put into GT now, it must be in the hundreds. I know I have over 2000 race days, I used to spend 2 hours a day playing but now I'm married with a young daughter those days are long gone.

Try running every winnable car in every race that it is legal for that car to enter.

I just (Saturday October 23, 2004) finished my appointed task of entering every used car in the Hard-Tuned Series. More details later, I hope.

What now? All the new cars?

SportWagon
I just (Saturday October 23, 2004) finished my appointed task of entering every used car in the Hard-Tuned Series. More details later, I hope.

What now? All the new cars?
Why do just the Hard-Tuned Series? Have a go at the Grand Valley Speedway endurance race.

Viper_Maniac
Nah. GT2 is the best in the series. Last time I played either GT1 or GT2 was a couple months ago.

Gran Turismo showed to the world what a Playstation could really do in the hands of great developers, It was epic, the cars (although most I didn't know about because they were Japanese) where excellent, The handling was brilliant as I loved the powersliding. I used to get a high from winning every race on it, that I haven't had in any of the others. And winning the special models after racing long through the night is something I have never done on GT2 or GT3. I own every game in the series and GT1 is STILL the best game.

The only good thing about GT2 is the 594 (i think) cars. The graphics were worse than GT1.

matherto
I used to get a high from winning every race on it, that I haven't had in any of the others.
I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I race far into the night, GVS endurance race, and then try to go to bed to sleep. No chance, I'm still buzzing from the race. Doesn't even matter if I win or not, when I'm racing I'm pushing the button so far down into the controller trying to edge just that little bit more speed from the car, or trying to brake just that little bit harder so that I can make the corner. I have not had the same effect from any other GT game since, although some of the races on GT3 came close.

Gt1 was the 1st video game I was really hooked at ( even my wife would play it for hours too while I was at work ).
The beauty of it is that you could buy a plain street Honda Civic try it at the high speed ring and not crash. Then you could increase your driving skills and inprove the car performance according to your skills progress.
It make me discover Japanese cars I've never heard about. At that time, here in Canada you could see some Civic, Prelude, Accord and a couple of Toyota Celica. And I knew the Impreza and Lancer from the Rally footages shown on TV.
Then with GT1 I was able to watch and drive and tune a Supra or a Skyline wow.
And if I remember, it was the 1st video game where you could watch the suspensions move and work like in a real car.
Yes, great games-sim never die.

Biased turkey
Gt1 was the 1st video game I was really hooked at ( even my wife would play it for hours too while I was at work ).
The beauty of it is that you could buy a plain street Honda Civic try it at the high speed ring and not crash. Then you could increase your driving skills and inprove the car performance according to your skills progress.
It make me discover Japanese cars I've never heard about. At that time, here in Canada you could see some Civic, Prelude, Accord and a couple of Toyota Celica. And I knew the Impreza and Lancer from the Rally footages shown on TV.
Then with GT1 I was able to watch and drive and tune a Supra or a Skyline wow.
And if I remember, it was the 1st video game where you could watch the suspensions move and work like in a real car.
Yes, great games-sim never die.
Amem. My girlfriend got into GT as well, even setup her up with her own car and started to teach her how to race. Now she's my wife, she b****es everytime I spend any time on the game, let alone trying to play the other versions.

Back