Revolution Studios :: Merc SL65 Part Two!

Australia
Adelaide
Revolution52
revolutionstudios39py.jpg
standing3ne.jpg

cruising6cf.jpg

racing3yw.jpg

photoshop0iq.jpg

tutorials8rz.jpg

I've been meaning to set up a gallery for quite some time now, an idea helped along by Vonie, Perfect Balance and SlipZtrEm (thanks guys). I was putting off launching one because I wanted to get a username change, and I didn't fancy the idea of juggling two profiles to keep a gallery running. However, I finally changed my username the other night, and so having run out of excuses, I present to you all my gallery. I'll get things started by posting a few of my past photoshop competion entries, and some of my favourite photoshoots will follow later.
Enjoy the pics and leave a comment! Constructive criticism welcome!

Update History
24/01/06 - Gallery posted. Starting things off with a few of my favourite photoshop competition entries.
25/01/06 - Fixed FnF Eclipse Thumbnail Link
25/01/06 - Black SLR @ George V - A Mercedes Supercharged V8 in a svelte supercar body topped off with retro gullwing doors. What more could you want?!
26/01/06 - The Most Wanted - BMW has never looked so great.
28/01/06 - Red Skyline Coupe @ Hong Kong - Tried some new techniques here, to give the pics a nice, soft look, and this is also my first photoshoot with the 'bling' wheels!
30/01/06 - Added bonus Skyline picture, showcasing around-the-corner blurring.
31/01/06 - Stratos @ Amalfi - Fun. This car is so light and so powerful, full on powerslides are only a button-press away. And the styling is so wild, in some pics it even looks a bit like a Ferrari 348. Plus, one pic with both the Stratos and the Delta.
02/02/06 - Pearlescent Golf GTI - My entry for the 'pearlescent' week of the photoshop comp. A funky looking pearl orange/yellow has been sprayed onto the slinky body of this hot hatch.
04/02/06 - Pearlescent Dodge Viper - Another pearlescent photoshop, this time on the big snake. It gets a multicolour work with red, gold, orange and dashes of purple.
09/02/06 - Vanquish at Trial Mountain - Hmm, going back to school seems to have slowed down the updates a bit, but I found some free time to bring you some of my best ever pics.
16/02/06 - BMW Z4 at Shibuya - My first phototravel set for the gallery, and is special enough to warrant a whole new section for it, "Standing". I also added spacers between the catagories to divide things up a bit and make sorting through the catagories easier.
18/02/06 - Wow, two updates in one weekend, you guys are lucky! Anyhow, added the BMW Ring-Taxi photoshop, its THE way to go 'round the 'ring in style.
13/03/06 - A small update, of a ruby red Nissan in Japan.
17/03/06 - Added my first Artistic Competition entry, a rather smooth, mostly rebrushed Aston Martin Vanquish.
20/03/06 - "This car... is absolutely astonishing to behold!" What could it be? Zonda.
24/03/06 - Charger Gets Sideways! Sliding a Dodge Charger around Seattle proves to be both fun and photogenic!
26/03/06 - Dodge Viper and Falcon GT - A small update, mostly showcasing some new texture cleaning methods I'm experimenting with, and also a bit of fun with overlay gradients. Enjoy.
13/04/06 - RS6 @ Amalfi - Shot for this week's PMC, I take a mean blue german on holidays.
16/04/06 - Hyundai Rally Car at Grand Canyon - A preview of a coming update. Enjoy.
19/04/06 - And the update is posted! A surprisingly fun and nice to look at Korean gets dirty at the Canyon.
24/04/06 - A quickie zoom blur tutorial to help out some people for the Advanced Competition this week.
25/04/06 - Maybe my cleanest work yet - A Veedub New Beetle at Suzuka.
09/05/06 - GT-One at Sarthe. A cool shot which I reckon is rather unique!
19/05/06 - BMW M5 At Fuji, for the Advanced comp this week. ENJOY!
07/05/06 - Its been a while, so here's a very special update for y'all. Audi Le Mans at High Speed Ring. Magic.
20/05/06 - My latest update is the Tokyo Drift Lancer Evolution. Enjoy.

01/09/06 - Added Mercedes SL65 Part One.

05/10/06 - Honda S2000 at Autumn Ring. Its so clean!

13/10/06 - Added Mercedes SL65 Part Two.

My GT5 Photomode Gallery can be found here.

Last edited:

Wet Nellie - Created for the "Movie Cars" week of the GT4 Photoshop Competition, Wet Nellie is perhaps one of my finest works. Based on the famous Submersible Lotus Esprit from the classic Bond film, The Spy Who Loved Me, every added part in this image has been airbrushed from scratch, including the detailed propellor array on the back.

Bent Evo - Created for the "Damage" week of the GT4 Photoshop Competition, this EVO was pranged into a pole on the front right hand corner. The front suspension has collapsed, the headlights have shattered and the bonnet has buckled, leaving this EVO on the scrapheap.

Evolutionary Pursuit - This pursuit EVO was created for the "Police Cars" week of the GT4 Photoshop Competition. It features State Trooper paintjob, a heavy duty nudgebar on the front for those high speed pursuits, high-intensity LED foglamps on front, plus a powerful lightbar and public address system installed on the roof.

Fast and Furious - Another car made for the GT4 Photoshop Competition, this Eclipse was designed from the outset to be a replica of the same car in the movie The Fast and the Furious. The bodykits are identical and the background photography is my own.

Holden Racing Team - This race-prepped beast was made for the "Race Cars" week of the GT4 Photoshop Competition. It features near-identical livery to HRT's 2004 VY Commodore, racing bodykit, Enkei race rims, and side-exit exhaust.

M House - Created for the recent "Multiple Cars Pt. 2" week of the GT4 Photoshop Competition, this showcases two famous Bavarian monsters, the M3 and the M5.

Monte Carlo Mini - Also made especially for the "Race Cars" week of the GT4 Photoshop Competition, thos exciting shot shows my idea of a new-age Monte Carlo Mini, complete with foglight array on the front bumper, full retro rally livery, airbrushed sand being thrown up from the ground and completely new scenery, a dense forest.

Suicide Doors - This Mazda RX-8 was created for the "Interior View" week of the GT4 Photoshop Competition. It showcases the Mazda's innovative suicide reverse-opening doors. This pic has undergone a thorough cleaning job, with 100% new textures and has been placed into a photography studio.

The Skyline - One of my favourite-ever works, this Skyline was created for the "Ricing" week of the GT4 Photoshop Competition. It features a 100% airbrushed aero kit, 4-inch exhaust, custom graphics kit, LED taillights, neon underbody lighting, removal of spoiler, and to cap it all off, airbrushed interior and interior neon lighting.

VZ Monaro - This piece of Aussie muscle was created for the "Even More Cars!" week of the GT4 Photoshop Competition. Originally a VX Monaro, it has been transformed with those bonnet nostrils, SSX-style front airdam, chunky new 18-inch alloys, and sharper headlights and grille.

Hey, thanks for commenting in my new gallery. I'm glad you like the pictures, and I'll be sure to stop by your gallery.

This pics are all great! I really like the race cars you made! How many of those shots have won the competition? About 4 or 5 I suppose! 👍

Fletch - Hehe, thanks alot.
under18carbon - Thanks! If you like the Mazda pic, check out this thread, the poll for that week which has alot of other interior shots.
tougemonster - Glad you like it. Check this thread for more GT4 Pursuit cars.
freddy86 - Actually, out of that set there are only 3 comp winners, the Wet Nellie Esprit, The Skyline and the VZ Monaro. Maybe I will upload the rest of my competition shots tomorrow.

Ah, you've finally started your own gallery!

I really like those shots, every shot has got something special. I think my favourite is the Skyline, because it looks so smooth without a spoiler. Great great work. 👍

Another great gallery of GT4 photo manipulation 👍
Don't forget to link this to community gallery directory

Wow, I didn't know you did that many photoshop shots. All but one is amazing, and that's the eclipse. Not because of bad quality or ugly colors, but because the link is bad and I can't see the full-size version. It takes you to Imageshack's upload page.

I love your intro, by the way. The layout is really professional looking. I'm guessing you're going to do the skinny preview for each of your "cruising" and "racing" updates, too? I think when this hting gets filled out it'll be the best looking front page of all. I'm sure the pics will be great, too.

Oh Gosh Rev, your PS skills are amazing. I love that "Bent Evo" picture you did. I want to see that Fast and Furious Eclipse, but it brings me to Imageshack's home page :(

I'm glad it's finally up, Rev 👍. All are top-quality, there's not a single weak link in it. I'm looking forward to the expansion :)

Excellent photoshop skills, I'm impressed with every image you have created! My favourites are the bent lancer, the m house shot, and the skyline. Fantastic stuff! keep 'em coming! :dopey:

'Bout time, Rev.
Love the title & banners.
The first update brings back some good memories of past comps.
I never knew that the background on the Eclipse was your shot, looks awesome.

Man tho's pic's are off the chain that is a nice change for something to look at... Like the pic's man!.. Stop my gallery if you get some spare time thatnk's dood...:)

Woah... you're doing things to cars I can only dream of. Great work.

But the 4th thumbnail, the Fast and the Furious one, links to ImageShack's main page, not to the fullsize photo.

And how long does it take you to do something like this:
wetnellie6pk.jpg

Definitely a gallery I have to watch. 👍

Sejtur - Thanks for commenting! For me, one of the reasons I like the Skyline so much is the spoilerless tail.
Franz -Thanks for stopping by - I'll be sure to go put a link in the Galleries Directory right now.
Keef - Thanks for the heads-up about the Eclipse thumbnail. It should be all fixed now. I'm glad you like what you see!
MkThreeGTi - Thanks for the high praise! If you liked the Bent Evo, check out the competition thread for the "Damage" week. Click Here!
SlipZtrEm - Hey, thanks for visiting. I'll have more updates coming soon.
FaLLeNAn9eL - I know, it pained me to do it, but I had to crash the EVO.
Krame - Thanks!
magburner - I'm glad you like my work. I'll be sure to keep'em coming.
PERFECT BALANCE - Hey! Thanks for visiting, I'll do my best to keep this gallery up to date.
kennythebomb - Thanks.
Vonie - Hehe, I finally got one up. Thanks for the positive feedback, I'm glad you like the banners, I spent a fair bit of time coming up with something that was uniquely 'me' and was clean and sharp.
M3_CSL - Thanks for the praise! I'll be sure to post up the rest of my PS work.
TURBO (@).... - I'm glad you like them, I'll stop by your gallery later.
painkiller - Thanks.
Duċk - Thank you! The Eclipse thumbnail should be fixed now, give it a try. Oh, and the Wet Nellie pic took me maybe 4 or 5 hours work.

Oh, in that case, I spent maybe 1/2 hour tinkering around with different styles and ideas for the main banner. Once I had decided on that, it was just a matter of making smaller versions for the sub-headings and smaller again banners for the individual updates.This took perhaps another 15 minutes. The one you pointed out was produced after maybe 2 or 3 minutes, saved to a template, and then reproduced for the rest of them. After that, each one takes about 45 seconds to a minute to reproduce from the template.

Wow!!! :eek: Excellent work!!! All of them, without exception, are truly amazing!!!! 👍

Even more, Wet Nellie may just be the best single image I've seen on GTplanet so far. Considering the high level of quality you see here on this forum, that saying something!!! 👍

I've just completed an update myself. Feel free to take a look and drop a comment if you like.

Back