Rewind option

I was just wondering what the GT community would think of this. To have the ability to rewind a mistake instead of having to restart the race, like in Forza3

I was just wondering what the GT community would think of this. To have the ability to rewind a mistake instead of having to restart the race, like in Forza3

Go play Forza 👍

No, rewind is for the kiddies.

tbh i think that would be stupid and make gt5 like GRID and forza, and dont forget gt5 is... the "REAL" driving simulator if you crash irl you cant just rewind before you crashed and carry on driving

-andy

Go play Forza 👍

No, rewind is for the kiddies.

The rewind feature is actually pretty handy for players that need it, just like all the other aids so many players run to. Relying on a rewind to correct a mistake isn't much different from relying on a magical racing line drawn on the track by the hand of God to guide you or magical skid force recovery. Players don't mind running to traction control or anti-lock brakes (although those things do technically exist in reality).

If you guys don't want to use rewind, that's fine. You don't have to, just like you don't have to use the race line, skid force recovery, TCS, ABS, et cetera. Nobody's holding a gun to your head forcing you to use them. They're simply useful options for players of less skill.

The only reason GT fans frown on rewind is that it's a feature the franchise doesn't yet have. Anything that the other guys do that GT doesn't has always been treated as a bad thing by the GTFDL.

tbh i think that would be stupid and make gt5 like GRID and forza, and dont forget gt5 is... the "REAL" driving simulator if you crash irl you cant just rewind before you crashed and carry on driving

-andy

Alright, except that your logic here breaks down as soon as the game allows you to do other things that don't happen in real life, like putting TCS and ABS on cars that don't really have them (F1 cars, for example), not to mention things like the magic race line and skid recovery that don't exist in the real world at all. It's not much of a real driving simulator there, now is it?

Why???

This would mainly be used in A spec and most of those events can already be won with your hands tied behind your back, driving a 2cv, backwards, whilst going the wrong way round the track, blindfolded.

What's the point of making the easy even easier???

Also, considering the rivalry between FORZA and GT5, don't you think that implementing a FORZA driving aid into GT5 would be veiwed negatively, by both sides.

If that's not enough, look at the threads and feedback section of this forum where idea's of what should be implemented, or changed in GT5, do you see a rewind option being mentioned.

Why restart a race because you've made a mistake, everyone makes mistakes, you think every race everyone does is perfect, always???

Making mistakes is often how you LEARN not to make the same mistakes in the future i.e working out braking points and the driving line, apex's etc etc.

Finally, have you tried driving a car on GT5 with all driving aids on, compared to all driving the same car with all aids off. With the aids on it's practically impossible not to make a mistake, therefore making the suggestion of a 'rewind' feature even more ridiculous.

Sorry, but, this idea is totally :banghead:

I don't think their should be a rewind. Like many people have said this game is suppose to be realistic. Rewind would make it very arcade like. But I do think you should be able to rewind in the replays.

How is rewind any less realistic than half the stuff already in the game? Make it an aid like the incredibly unrealistic SRF and you don't have to use it. It obviously can't be used online so it would quite literally not alter your gameplay experience one iota.
One shouldn't use realism as an argument for one feature and then ignore it completely for others. I would bet there are few features that are absurdly fake that some of you quite enjoy.

Some people here seem to put way too much stock in the tagline on the box. They call it "the real driving simulator" because "the generally pretty good and mostly grounded in reality driving game" sounds terrible and is too long.

IceMan PJN
your logic here breaks down as soon as the game allows you to do other things that don't happen in real life, like putting TCS and ABS on cars that don't really have them (F1 cars, for example), not to mention things like the magic race line and skid recovery that don't exist in the real world at all. It's not much of a real driving simulator there, now is it?

Fair enough, but those aren't nearly as far-fetched as going back in time to correct a mistake you made.. If you crash, you crashed and there's nothing else you can really do about it except get back on the track and keep driving or quit.. If you want to go back in time, go play Forza... GT5 has more then enough players...

Fair enough, but those aren't nearly as far-fetched as going back in time to correct a mistake you made.. If you crash, you crashed and there's nothing else you can really do about it except get back on the track and keep driving or quit.. If you want to go back in time, go play Forza... GT5 has more then enough players...

SRF magically creates more grip when you need it. I really don't see much difference, realistically speaking, between magic bonus grip and magic time travel. Both are equally absurd.
I don't like bonus grip so I turn it off, if I didn't like rewind I'd turn it off too.

No rewind for me.
If people feel the need to restart after a crash then get a little more practice and the crashes won't happen so often/ at all. The rewind mode would relieve one of mistakes; the exact things that help one to learn in the first place.
Keep GT......er...GT.

Rewind removes the thrill and challenge of catching up. Scrap that.

^This.

I think you should allways try to finish a whole race in order to experience
the whole track and the fighting for positions.

Perhaps a rewind would make sense for people hitting the 'restart'-button once they made the slightest mistake as they miss the second half ot the track.

I came here hoping it would be related to replay rewind but I got so disappointed when I realized it's for arcade gameplay that already ruins other games.

Personally it wouldn't bother me if they added a rewind feature. I never used it in Forza, and I'd never use it in GT5.

What I can't understand though is the people saying 'It's in Forza so we don't want it in GT.' Are these people the same ones saying how they'd like;

- A livery editor like Forza
- An auction house like Forza
- The same online options as Forza
- Etc etc etc

Just because it's in Forza, some people seem really against it just for that reason. Both these games have a dumbed down set of options to make them more accessible to the arcade crowd. This is what games developers have to do to sell more games. If you don't like the aids, don't use them. However, to the younger/ more inexperienced gamers, these aids can make the difference between the game being playable and not.

Personally it wouldn't bother me if they added a rewind feature. I never used it in Forza, and I'd never use it in GT5.

What I can't understand though is the people saying 'It's in Forza so we don't want it in GT.' Are these people the same ones saying how they'd like;

- Etc etc etc

Just because it's in Forza, some people seem really against it just for that reason. Both these games have a dumbed down set of options to make them more accessible to the arcade crowd. This is what games developers have to do to sell more games. If you don't like the aids, don't use them. However, to the younger/ more inexperienced gamers, these aids can make the difference between the game being playable and not.

Why would PD dumb down GT?

It is already the most succseful driving series in history and one of the most succsefull games in history fully stop.

Those parts of Forza you mention have noting to do with the 'driving' experience of a 'driving' game

Keep them out of GT along with the rewind feature and GT is just fine how it is.

I would welcome rewind on replays but not in game, too much like grid and borza.... sorry forza, rewind a mistake is just cheating in my opinion

priesty_lfc
Why would PD dumb down GT?

I actually said they've given the options to dumb down by introducing skid reduction, but thinking about it, they have dumbed the game down as a whole by changing the licence structure.

In the previous GTs, you could only race certain level cars once you'd passed the licence for that category of cars. Now you can drive LMP cars just by increasing your XP to whatever level needed to buy them. This can easily be reached by auto grinding or with past seasonal events that gave mega XP payout. Not that I'm complaining because I always found the licence part tedious. 👍

- Etc etc etc

If you don't like the aids, don't use them. However, to the younger/ more inexperienced gamers, these aids can make the difference between the game being playable and not.

Good point, but the rewind feature and things like livery editor engine swaps etc etc are slightly different.

Livery is something that occurs in real life, whereas the rewind option was unique to Forza, implementing something that happens in real life motorsport that isn't currently in GT5 is different to adding something that is/was unique to GT5's biggest rival.

Generally, I do agree with you, there are many aspects of Forza that I believe would enhance GT5, but I don't think the rewind feature is one of them.

Engine swaps, more Europpean cars, livery editor - things like that, yes definately 100%, but these are real life things GT5 should possibly have already.

Is it really necessary to debate on a feature that even if it does get introduced (the chances of it are non-existent) will have no effect on anyones gameplay other than the person who uses it?
My personal opinion on this - :indiff:

Is it really necessary to debate on a feature that even if it does get introduced (the chances of it are non-existent) will have no effect on anyones gameplay other than the person who uses it?
My personal opinion on this - :indiff:

Apparently we need another Gt5 vs Forza thread 👍

Adding a rewind feature wouldn't hurt me at all so I'd have no problem if it were added (to be honest I'd use it). Although I should add I think theres other stuff that should be much higher priority.

Back