rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
Voltaic01, GTP_Voltaic
rFactor 2 - Beta v982

Quote from Petros Mak of Mak-Corp
(Full Interview Here)

"Simulation wise I’d say rFactor 2 is by far the greatest simulation game the racing/sim-racing genre has ever seen. The advancement in physics ISI made were tremendous and if understood and used right by modders, vehicles in rF2 come scarily close to their real life counterparts. ISI have developed what I feel is the most accurate and best simulation physics the gaming world has seen to date."

New Super GT content coming soon from ISI, Nissan's GT-R GT500
supergt_02.jpg

rFactor 2 - Grand Prix:

Latest build information: http://rfactor.net/web/2015/04/03/rfactor-2-build-982-now-available/

Download current Version (982) Demo and MODs here: http://rfactor.net/web/

64Bit announcement: http://rfactor.net/web/2014/06/05/rfactor-2-memory-usage-upgrades-in-upcoming-build/

System Requirements & Features: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2features/

Forums & 3rd Party MODs here: http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/41-rFactor2

rFactor 2

"rFactor 2 is the eagerly anticipated follow up to popular simulated racing simulator, rFactor.

Image Space Incorporated (ISI) is known for their sophisticated simulation engines used for commercial and military purposes and rFactor 2 is expected to improve on the already advanced technical features of rFactor, including modeling, aerodynamics, weather effects and physics engine.

In addition to the technical improvements, early releases show promising improvements to the game. Early screenshots show a new design and significantly streamlined user experience. And an exciting new development is the training resources, including a "bestlap" guide to help you follow your best time.

With a loyal, active and eager fan base, rFactor 2 is poised to become one of the most popular sim racing releases of all time.
"

Cheers!

Oculus Rift plugin: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14441-Rf2Rift-rFactor2-Oculus-Rift-Plugin-and-Tools

Last edited:
I remember posting a quote from ISI in the rFactor (1) thread where they say that it's very unlikely to be released before 2011. Should still be released in the first half of 2011 though :)

Really looking forward to rF2, I've wasted so much spare time in rF1 :D

rFactor has been on it's way for quite some time now. No release date, has been in development for a long time.

They've accepted pre-orders for GT5 for the last century, that doesn't necessarily mean it's imminent.

I play rF alot so I'm really to the weather on 2, just as long as they hurry up and convert CSGT's WSC 1970 and the Targa Florio to it when it releases.

I don't know if it's me but I can get used to the controls in the game. The steering just doesn't feel right when using my G27. I guess I still have to play around with it more, but that rain demo video is amazing! I hope someone can make virtual bug splatter an option!

Why are people not calling names to Image Space Incorporated?
I do not see any complaints about missing features in rFactor 2 yet?
Nobody proving that Forza 3 is better then rFactor 2?

I hear indeed there are Q4 2010 rumors for rFactor 2, but they do not seem to hold any credibility.
Believe I'll get GT5 before this one. :)

I think rF2 is rumored for beginning of next year now. Somewhere I read that Gjon Camal said that they couldn't meet the end of 2010 deadline for release.

ISI posted a track progress update on their forum:
In my best Jim Carey voice, "Alrighty then...." Well now, it's been a few weeks since my last post. Art-wise, we've been exceptionally busy. I can tell you that sleep is very over-rated :P

So, let's see. We finished the second pass on the last of the tracks, which was historic Belgium. When you saw the video, static crowds hadn't been added yet, which they are now. We've started making the last pass on these tracks, which involves up-sizing textures when and where we can--where it makes sense to do so--as well as adding little pieces of glitz art. Do remember, we are trying to simulate large grids at good frame rates across a variety of machines--even with graphic options there still has to be give and take. There really IS only so much GPU and CPU bandwidth to go around :)

I also just finished reworking all the car/terrain reaction VFX. If you recall in rF1 our particles were... well, you know :) (I mean, they weren't BAD [well, the fire was]), but they weren't great either). Well, I'm glad to say that they are no longer "well, you know". The programmers added some elements so I can control the particles better. So now we can get gravel kicking up and falling back to the ground as you traverse over a sandtrap, or grass and chunks of dirt that get kicked up when you spin the tires while offroad. All the skids have had a make over, as well as dust and various car smoke. OH, and our fire now looks like fire :)

I've also created particles for new features that HOPEFULLY can be added before we release. If not, they are there for us to implement in post-release updates.

Um, let's see.... I also just finished adding first pass, animated team members to the pit area on one of our tracks (as a test to see if it's worth it). These include some guys standing around talking, as well as people sitting at the telemetry stations going about their business. These aren't really meant to directly interact with the cars--they're just there to give the pit lane some life. For a first pass, it actually does what I intended--the pit lane doesn't look like a barren wasteland devoid of people any more. Obviously we can't have hundreds of crew members walking around (well, not unless no one would mind the game running at 5 FPS), but it's FAR better than none at all...

Luc has been doing some work on a rF1 track "update" that should be included with rF2 in what we're calling the "mod" section (more on that later). The purpose of this track is to show you how any rF1 track might look with just enough work done to it to get it running in rF2. And he's roughing out some documentation of the procedures involved (which we will expand on post-release for you modders out there). The idea is to show you all that it will take SOME work to get an rF1 track up and running, and a bit more work to get it running with the ability to use new features, but none of this work should be too difficult.

Our Post FX work is progressing and hopefully we'll have some early shots to show of that when we think it's okay to do so (see, even WE have standards when it comes to WIP screens)....

And finally, Gjon and I spoke today about adding another historic track to rF2, HOPEFULLY for release. It seems reasonable to do it in the time we think we have left, but it is a track NOT to be taken lightly from an artist's point of view. No, I won't tell you what it is--it's a surprise (and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up in case it doesn't make initial release). If it doesn't make it then it'll be a great addition to our first post-release update. I will tell you that I'm very excited to be working on it though...

I'll see what I can do about getting some quickie screen shots of the new FX or something in the next few days for Tim to put up....

Anyway, that's about it for this update--think I've used up my allotment of virtual ink for this one. OH, I will add one more thing. The AI programmer has been doing a good amount of work in that area lately. The AI is not quite where we want it yet, but I can honestly say I'm having FUN racing the AI now, and I could never say that about rF1 AI. They are challenging, and a lot smarter about who is around them on track. Again, there's still work to be done, but even at this stage the difference is night and day, so kudos to him :)

And that's it from me for now. Oh, and for those that celebrate--have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers...
Source: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/83-rFactor-2-Track-Progress?p=4030&viewfull=1#post4030

Gotta say, I'm excited about the weather system!

ISI have released the system requirements :)

MINIMUM:

CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon x2
Memory: 2 GB
Video Card: nVidia 8600 GT or ATI/AMD 3850
Video Memory: 256MB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
DirectX: 9.0c
Storage: 4 GB

RECOMMENDED:

CPU: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon II x2 or better
Memory: 4 GB+
Video Card: nVidia 250 GTS or ATI/AMD 4870 or better
Video Memory: 512MB+
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit, Windows 7 64bit
Storage: 4 GB+

64-bit OS is recommended because the game will use as much system memory as it can, and on x64 you don't have the ~3.8GB addressing limit. Glad I upgraded from 4GB to 8GB the other week :D

ISI have released the system requirements :)

MINIMUM:

CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon x2
Memory: 2 GB
Video Card: nVidia 8600 GT or ATI/AMD 3850
Video Memory: 256MB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
DirectX: 9.0c
Storage: 4 GB

RECOMMENDED:

CPU: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon II x2 or better
Memory: 4 GB+
Video Card: nVidia 250 GTS or ATI/AMD 4870 or better
Video Memory: 512MB+
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit, Windows 7 64bit
Storage: 4 GB+

64-bit OS is recommended because the game will use as much system memory as it can, and on x64 you don't have the ~3.8GB addressing limit. Glad I upgraded from 4GB to 8GB the other week :D
At least I have an idea as to what to have in my own simracing PC and hopefully not blow my budget. :)

Thank god I bought a new PC two or so weeks ago, the old one doesnt stand a chance against those minimum specs :P.

lol6870

/trolling

Hopefully rFactor 2 fixes the "bug" where if you load more cars than the track has garage stalls for it dumps them all in the same garage which makes the game lag horrribly. With 8GB RAM I could run 150+ AI, but because there's no track with enough garage spots the aforementioned "feature" means there's no point trying because the game will lag out :(

lol6870

/trolling

Hopefully rFactor 2 fixes the "bug" where if you load more cars than the track has garage stalls for it dumps them all in the same garage which makes the game lag horrribly. With 8GB RAM I could run 150+ AI, but because there's no track with enough garage spots the aforementioned "feature" means there's no point trying because the game will lag out :(

Why did you just utter 6870? I have one :lol:.

Looks fantastic. If that trailer is (visually) representative of the final product then it shouldn't be too far off :D

I'm sure it is based on the cameras and the comments. The full potential of rF2 won't come till after it releases and gets further patches. I can't wait!

Can't wait to see what will be available 12 months after the game is released! Hope the Enduracers team get their hands on this!!

Back