rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
VSCR had a race at TWS 19 using the WSGT2 Meganes. The game looks pretty good- we raced at dusk and the transition to night was awesome. Shadows look good (although there's some weirdness with the shadows of the track walls, grandstands and cars- I could see the shadow of the car but not its wheels)

I recently upgraded to a R9 290x and rF2 looks a whole lot better with the graphics cranked up. There's no post processing effects and rF2 cranked up almost looks as good as good as AC, but not quite. But sunset was pretty impressive. There was a mist in the air too and the effect was terrific.

Great videos guys!

Anyone have a good GPU that can comment on v906 graphics?
I've got a gtx 970 and can play on full blast. It looks pretty good. Not as good as pcars and ac, but alot better then people make it out to be. The optimization of the game has came a long way since when I started with it.

rFactor 2 gameplay with two fantastic Mods by The 32_pixels mod group. The car is the Toyota Celica '86 GTO, and the semi-fictional track, Lester Street Circuit.

On Jan 18 VSCR is racing the WSGT2 Meganes around LRP- 60 min pre-season race. Join up if you want a great league racing experience.

Our thing is CLEAN racing, even if you aren't real fast. We use the same assists the real cars use and 75% damage. Check out our forum www.virtualsportscarracing.com

Sounds interesting guybo. If it does not conflict with CMS or any RL events I plan on being there!

PS; what version rF2?

910- we have a SOP on updates- if the update comes out on the Friday before a race or later, we do not update. Otherwise we run with new updates no matter what.

For the league we tried AC for a month+ and determined that even though AC has a lot more players, it can't be used for league racing in its current form. AC and rF2 each has its own good and bad points, but the fact is, the online racing in rF2 is a hell of a lot better. rF2 has full replays, it keeps the race output logs, Motec data and the online component is miles ahead of AC- better pings, no warping or discoing and the way rF2 RealRoad works is the way EVERY game should do RR. Also the AC online is just poorly put together with this odd booking thing, people can join mid-race unless you use booking and a lack of admin server controls. But AC has more drivers, better cars, better tire model, better graphics and sound. So we're keeping AC around for bi-weekly fun races. The online is so bad though that there's no way we can do serious racing with AC.

Today at 17.00 GMT (that's noon EST) there's a race at Tiger Moth in the GTO. VSCR is starting a weekly open race at that time with the GTO just for fun. It's only 6 hours from now, join up, it'll be a hoot!

rFactor 2 gameplay with the Eve Matra F1 V12 (mod by Klaasvh and Navigator). This mod is a modification of ISI's EVE F1 car. It uses the EVE car shape but is powered by a Matra V12 engine instead of the Ford DFV V8 found in the normal EVE, making it sound impressive. The lap is at Bahrain circuit.

Back