rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
Enduracers information

http://www.virtualr.net/endurance-series-rfactor-2-road-map-revealed

11233597_1057202434308823_2365589951414634400_o.jpg

It will be a VERY long time before we see the big mod in rF2. Even the Flat 6 mod won't be in game for at least 9 months. Every quality mod made for rF2 has been the same way and every group that made the jump has learned the same way that modding for rF2 is a bigger job than anticipated and they don't designate a team member to just getting the tires right. It's the achilles heel of rF2 modding.

It will be a VERY long time before we see the big mod in rF2. Even the Flat 6 mod won't be in game for at least 9 months. Every quality mod made for rF2 has been the same way and every group that made the jump has learned the same way that modding for rF2 is a bigger job than anticipated and they don't designate a team member to just getting the tires right. It's the achilles heel of rF2 modding.

Indeed it will take time, but Enduracers have done their homework and it appears they are well into it.

Guybo, what happened to the BES mod? Still developing it?

It's being developed but I'm no longer a part of the development. PetraGTC is reworking all the cars- graphics and physics.

I've all but given up on rF2. My league is finishing up the current season then moving on to something else. rF2 is stillborn. The lack of current gen graphics, the problematic development, the difficult moddability and poor implementation of some of the features has really killed the growth of the game. There's just so few people playing that no matter how good it gets, there's just not enough of a player base to make it a viable online game. Plus, AC and pCars are out and directly competing in an already crowded market- iRacing has the lion's share of the sim racers right now. So even if rF2 has better physics, better features and whatever else (it's all debatable and has been debated to death), it's a moot point really because the graphics (DX9 specifically) chased most people off long ago. there's no career mode, so the single player racing is a non-entity. You can run AI races all you want but you can't really build a career mode out of it.

pCars is out only a couple weeks and it's already #1 in the UK sales charts, it is a hit financially and surging to the top of racing games on Steam (it is #2 behind Grand Theft... which isn't a racing game, but Steam puts in as a racing game). Say what you want about pCars, people are buying it. People are playing it. It looks great, has a great PR campaign behind it and if polled, I can guarantee you that more people in the world would say pCars is a better game than rF2. AC kind of went south in a hurry, but even it had a much better campaign behind it and a lot of modding is going on with AC that is NOT going on with rF2. With modders in the AC camp, the game still has a shot. rF2 modding is stagnant.

ISI killed rF2. #1 is had to be DX11. I don't give a rat's ass if it makes a difference in how the game looks or not, people care about that stuff. Plus, look at rF2 vs. AC and pCars, there's a HUGE difference. #2 it had to be on Steam. If no one knows it exists, it won't sell and rF2 is not at the top of the mind of most gamers and Steam support would have been perfect for rF2. In various forum posts ISI has admitted that would not go Steam because they don't want to give Valve any of the profits from the sales. ISI has said that it's too expensive. That sort of short sighted thinking explains a lot, really. #3 they had to control the PR from day 1. It got terrible press from the beginning and now that the game has improved, no one cares, it's yesterday's news and yesterday's game. It's only DX9 after all. #4 ISI seldom listens to the community. From day 1 there's been threads at the ISI forum saying that people want rain drops on the windscreen and working pit crews. We still have neither, ISI is deaf and blind to these little things. they can say that they have a small group working on the game all they want and it may be true, but why can't they hire more people? they don't want more people on the team that they have to pay, cuts into profits. But without content and without supporting community requests they won't sell units and profits are going to be hard to come by anyway. So they don't go on Steam either, which further limits exposure and profitability. They are stuck in a spiral. The end result is- empty online grids. Sure there are a couple bigger groups (like RD) that can fill a grid and a couple endurance groups (that's rF2's main attraction, driver swaps and great online code) but most groups, clubs and leagues- even medium size ones- are struggling to get people on the grid.

@guybo

All your points and frustrations with rFactor 2 are shared by many, some are valid, some are not depending on how you look at it. ISI is a small company with limited resources, not a complete excuse since Kunos has done well with AC with 15 people. Having said that, yes they should have gone DX11, or DX12 for that matter, I have a feeling they will surprise us down the road as they seem to be making significant changes to the whole engine.

As far as Steam is concerned, I for one prefer not to have it there. rF2 is for a more serious "SIM Racing" audience, not the casual gamer. In fact, AC is running into problems because their online play is atrocious, their timing and scoring is a joke. I personally much prefer being part of a "league" than to play pick ups online. rF2 is for people with wheel setups, not controllers. I love and enjoy pCARS, I was part of it from day 1, I will be involved in v2 when it kicks off. iRacing's formula is not for everyone, not for me, as it is too restrictive and expensive, mostly restrictive. It is also my understanding it has quite a few issues of its own.

I love R3E and enjoy the online racing part, again being on Steam invites quite a few people that are not serious about it. By the way, R3E is still using ISI's engine and I'm pretty sure it is on DX9. Looks pretty good to me, though not as beautiful as AC or pCARS.

As it is pretty obvious, AC is attracting a lot of modders due to its easy of conversion, most of the mods are from rF1 in fact. I hope the online play will improve, but it will take time if they do it. Unfortunately they seem to have modeled the sim around the GT franchise, no offense but it is for gamers.

rFactor 2 is hard to mod, it is a very realistic sim with complex physics. This has turned off many modders, I think it will eventually attrack the best ones as rF2's potential becomes even clearer.

guybo, I feel and share your frustration, you are right in most of your comments. I wish rF2 was further along and that it looked better with great mods. It isn't the case just yet, waiting is painful. As I've said it before, I have no other choice, I wish I did but I don't. When I get behind the wheel of a car done right, on the right track, there is no better in terms of realism and immersion. The Real Road dry or wet alone is incredible, timing and scoring, 24 hour simulation, weather, etc., have no equal. I am sure some animations will come, possibly from third party modders, though I couldn't care less.

I play and enjoy all other sims, patiently/frustratingly waiting for rF2 to evolve. I have no other choice. Hang in there.

@guybo

You could say I made this video in response to your comments. Say what you will about rFactor 2 and its current drawbacks, but the level of immersion I get from it is unequaled. I especially love (and dread) the feedback the tires give as they start wearing, from subtle to strong, especially if you flat spot them. Nothing else compares in my opinion. Cheers mate, hang in there.

No one's playing.

period.

Let me rephrase- the base of players playing online is too small to be sustainable and ruins the online play.

guybo, there are plenty of active rF2 leagues out there, I don't understand. CMS is doing well, Race Department even better, they even have a fun series. No, it's not pCARS which just came out, as all of them, the online players will drop over time.

Interesting new from Reiza Studios. Apparently they are crowdfunding a new project based on ISI’s gMotor 2. What I find interesting is the fact that it will support DX12. This leads me to believe rFactor 2 will eventually do so as well. Regardless, this is great news for SIM racers.

http://www.virtualr.net/reiza-studios-launch-crowdfunding-campaign

"As part of the crowd-funding announcement, Reiza has also announced a new title that is been in the works and is aimed to be available in Q4 2016, coming with plenty of impressive features:

• Price estimated at US$ 39,99 (base package, not including DLCs)
  • PC Racing Simulator on Steam, to be developed, expanded & supported for years after initial release
  • Integrates all our licenses & assets (present & future) into the same platform with free core updates + paid DLC packages
  • Release price estimated at US$ 39,99 (base package, not including DLCs)
  • Initial release planned for Q4 2016
  • Includes majority of the content base in current sims + expands substantially on official licensed content & international tracks
  • DX12 graphics engine
  • Extensive audio & physics developments
  • Dynamic weather & track conditions."

Interesting new from Reiza Studios. Apparently they are crowdfunding a new project based on ISI’s gMotor 2. What I find interesting is the fact that it will support DX12. This leads me to believe rFactor 2 will eventually do so as well. Regardless, this is great news for SIM racers.

http://www.virtualr.net/reiza-studios-launch-crowdfunding-campaign

"As part of the crowd-funding announcement, Reiza has also announced a new title that is been in the works and is aimed to be available in Q4 2016, coming with plenty of impressive features:

• Price estimated at US$ 39,99 (base package, not including DLCs)
  • PC Racing Simulator on Steam, to be developed, expanded & supported for years after initial release
  • Integrates all our licenses & assets (present & future) into the same platform with free core updates + paid DLC packages
  • Release price estimated at US$ 39,99 (base package, not including DLCs)
  • Initial release planned for Q4 2016
  • Includes majority of the content base in current sims + expands substantially on official licensed content & international tracks
  • DX12 graphics engine
  • Extensive audio & physics developments
  • Dynamic weather & track conditions."
So basically they will be trying to save rFactor 2's core?
Interesting to see what they'll be able to do with it, hopefully they'll do what ISI has failed to do so misserably!

Back