Richard Burns Rally - RSRBR 2016

• Thread starter richiem2282
  • 338 comments
Would someone be able to tell me where RBR keeps your games save cause I had a old one and said not to delete it but it's not in the game.

Getting my pc tower back tomorrow after 6 months without, gonna be a long weekend of RSRBR11. I feel like a kid at Christmas...lol. Almost forget, what a weekend to get my Rally on with the Australian WRC on this weekend!!!!

Last edited:
This is Heaven!!!! Amazing

Lads, anyone RSRBR fans using a Fanatec GT3RS wheel and Clubsport pedals? curious to see what your wheel settings are in the game

Thanks

Last edited:
I'll have to check my settings thoroughly when I get home. I use a GT2 with ClubSport Pedals. Here's what I recall though: I believe I have my wheel set to 540 in the driver and steering set to full saturation in the game. I believe I have damping pretty low and the driver's auto-center spring off. I use the wheel paddles to shift, and attach the sequential shifter and map it to the handbrake. RSRBR supports all three pedals, so I have throttle, brake, and clutch.

By the way, does anyone else have any issues with a frame rate hitch? The frame rate is really fast, but every couple of seconds, like clockwork, there's a quick stutter. It only seems to happen during gameplay. I have a system more than powerful enough to run the game with ease, so I think it's just a quirk or bug that I need to resolve. Any ideas?

just added another RSRBR11 video to my YouTube channel. I'm using the 2011 WRC Ford Fiesta in Australia with Nicky Grist on the notes...

Last edited:
here's 2 more RSRBR 2011 videos I uploaded lads, both are in the USA with Phil Mills on the notes. I took the DS3 WRC 2011 and 2009 Impreza out for a spin.

- Citroen DS3 WRC 2011
- Subaru Impreza 2009

Last edited:
How much is a PC going to cost to Run RBR smoothly

to be honest, I'm not really sure. All I know is the PC I use I built about 4 years ago. Here are my PC stats:

Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, ATI Radeon HD 1GB 3800 series graphics card, 8GB Memory. I'm also using a SSD hard-drive I recently installed. I use my 46" LCD Samsung TV for RSRBR too, might as well I reckon, got myself a 20ft HDMi cable and it works a charm on the TV... As for the wheel and Pedals I use, I have a Fanatec GT3 RS Wheel and ClubSport Pedals. here's a pic of my setup

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richie_moore/5462211691/in/photostream

to be honest, I'm not really sure. All I know is the PC I use I built about 4 years ago. Here are my PC stats:

Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, ATI Radeon HD 1GB 3800 series graphics card, 8GB Memory. I'm also using a SSD hard-drive I recently installed. I use my 46" LCD Samsung TV for RSRBR too, might as well I reckon, got myself a 20ft HDMi cable and it works a charm on the TV... As for the wheel and Pedals I use, I have a Fanatec GT3 RS Wheel and ClubSport Pedals. here's a pic of my setup

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richie_moore/5462211691/in/photostream

That is a great setup :eek: .Thanks for the Info.About time I build a decent rig 👍

This game looks serious!!
Remember seeing it years ago and heard nothing about it since until this post.
The stages have a good mixture of tight and wide roads and proper pace-notes by real co-drivers and not a random guy that screams everytime you tap a snowbank like in the new WRC game,looks like my perfect rally game!!

It's games like this and Iracing that make me wish i had a pc instead of a laptop, still remember playing GTR2,GT legends & GP4 on my old PC and spending months hooked on them, oh well i still got GT so it's not all bad:)

something is wrong with my RBR...if i try to install patch 1.02 or the 2011 mod it says ''Richard Burns Rally needs to be installed before running this patch'' but i have it installed and i can play the original one without any problems.Any help would be appreciated. Oh i almost forgot to say that im using a windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

Last edited:
something is wrong with my RBR...if i try to install patch 1.02 or the 2011 mod it says ''Richard Burns Rally needs to be installed before running this patch'' but i have it installed and i can play the original one without any problems.Any help would be appreciated. Oh i almost forgot to say that im using a windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

when you installed the game did you create a folder called "RBR" on the C Drive as the install location for Richard Burns Rally, this may be the problem if you didn't. RSRBR requires the folder in order to install the mods and updates instead of the default folder C:\Program files\SCi Games\Richard Burns Rally. Hope this helps..

Last edited:
Some good news for RSRBR 2011 fans, I just saw on Rallyesim.com that the next update, "Update 8" is about 2 weeks away. Nice 1, wonder what goodies are in store with this one... Never a dull moment in the world of RSRBR!!!

2 new RSRBR 2011 videos on my channel guys,

04 Subaru Impreza WRC in Japan:

2011 Ford Fiesta WRC in Spain, Malaga:

Also, I just got the skin for the Black Edition WRC Fiesta used this weekend France, will upload a video during the week. Enjoy

Last edited:
some good news lads, just seen this on rallyesim.net, "Release of RSRBR 2012 in approximately 18 days". wonder what goodies are in store for 2012...
👍👍

some good news lads, just seen this on rallyesim.net, "Release of RSRBR 2012 in approximately 18 days". wonder what goodies are in store for 2012...
👍👍

Thanks for the heads up 👍
Even though I just downloaded the RSRBR 2011 mod :grumpy:

Hey guys I just got my RBR yesterday and got it installed. I'm having a couple problems though which seem to be normal from what I'm now reading. I'm using windows 7 64 bit with a fanatec csr wheel and clubsport pedals. My first problem was the FFB wasn't working so I found the 1.02 patch and that fixed the ffb problem.

Next problem I'm having is with the resolution. I went into the RichardBurnsRally.ini folder and tried to change it but whenever I try and save the file it says "access denied" and won't let me save the file with the resolution changed.

Last problem is none of my controller settings are saving. I have to assign my wheel, pedals and buttons every time I start the game even though I save it each time and it says "save successful". I basically just race on iracing now and I love the game from what little bit I have played it. I really want to get the RSRBR2011 mod, but I figured I need to get these other problems worked out first. Any help would be most appreciated 👍.

Next problem I'm having is with the resolution. I went into the RichardBurnsRally.ini folder and tried to change it but whenever I try and save the file it says "access denied" and won't let me save the file with the resolution changed.
It could be the infamous "Program Files" folder, you know Windows 7 or Vista doesn't like any modification on what's in overthere, I remember I had the same issue with rFactor. So you could try to install it somewhere else not in that folder. PS I'm not 100% sure but it could be.

PS cool RBR videos richiem2282, and the GT5 style HUD looks simply glorious! Clean with the info you really need and not all that stuff. I wish PD add the same layout in GT5!

Last edited:
Where can I find numeric Pace notes? I'm getting this soon and I want to be able to have proper pace notes. Like 3 right 40 into 5 left, etc...

It could be the infamous "Program Files" folder, you know Windows 7 or Vista doesn't like any modification on what's in overthere, I remember I had the same issue with rFactor. So you could try to install it somewhere else not in that folder. PS I'm not 100% sure but it could be.

Ok thanks I'll give that a try. I did read on the first page after I posted about not installing it in the program files folder. I'll uninstall it and re install somewhere else and hopefully that will fix that. Any idea why the controls won't save?

Back