Ricmotech Sim-Racing Equipment

• Thread starter Ricmotech
  • 127 comments
Are there any plans or desires for Ricmotech to come out with a progressive brake spring for the T3PA/Pro similar to the GTEye offering for the G29? I realize the load cell is an alternative, but I can’t justify spending $130 on a mod for pedals that cost less than that. I’ve already purchased the clutch+throttle spring upgrades. Would love a progressive brake spring to go with them.

Last edited:
Are there any plans or desires for Ricmotech to come out with a progressive brake spring for the T3PA/Pro similar to the GTEye offering for the G29? I realize the load cell is an alternative, but I can’t justify spending $130 on a mod for pedals that cost less than that. I’ve already purchased the clutch+throttle spring upgrades. Would love a progressive brake spring to go with them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KGMYQ13/?tag=gtplanet-20

Have ordered this, but since I'm in the US and they are based in Italy the product is sitting in customs. If Ricmo offered a spring that gave the progressive rate that this insert is trying to go for.
Ahh, I see. I've looked myself, but know Ricmotech doesn't have anything like that. The one I referenced is the only thing I've ever come across. If you ever receive it and install it, I'd love to know your impressions. How long have you been waiting?

Ahh, I see. I've looked myself, but know Ricmotech doesn't have anything like that. The one I referenced is the only thing I've ever come across. If you ever receive it and install it, I'd love to know your impressions. How long have you been waiting?
Finally going to reply to update. Sorry ahead of time for the continued non-Ricmotech discussion.

I actually ended up ordering two of these. The first I ordered through 3DRap's eBay listing on Dec 19, 2019 and have still not received. Based on tracking it's made it's way to NY finally, but unsure when it will be at my door. The second I ordered directly through their site on Jan 16, 2020 and used the UPS shipping option. That one arrived a few days ago.

Unfortunately after going through the installation I was less than impressed. The mod itself fits into the spring just fine. There's a lip on the bottom of it that is intended to seat directly to the bottom of the spring, and it also is hollow to allow it to fit on top of the spring seat on the pedal housing itself. The hollow of the mod is not large enough for it to fit fully over the spring seat though, so it's is not stable. If you install this and then apply normal brake pressure the spring will bow out and slip because the mod lip that it rests on is not stiff enough to provide a stable foundation. In an effort to make it more stable I actually flipped the spring and installed it with the mod facing up. In that configuration it has plenty of stability, and the lack of stiffness of the mod lip allows it to seat against the pedal itself better.

IMG_0474.jpeg
IMG_0475.jpeg

Regardless of the orientation though the pedal feel was...off. It's doesn't feel like a progressive spring or a load cell. It honestly just feels like a spring with something jammed into it that reduces its "springyness". Pretty bummed that after all this wait it was a total disappointment.

@Ricmotech please just stock a progressive brake spring to go with your throttle+clutch combo :bowdown:

Hi there, just wondering if I should mod my Logitech G920 brake pedal. I have been using it for a while as it came but recently now i'm learning heel-toe it has become a bit annoying. I have seen things about modding the other pedals too, that would also be nice if it is relatively cheap and simple but not a major concern. Does anyone have any preferences or advise as to which mod I should use? Are some better than others and are do they have any problems?

Looks like this thread has been dormant for some time. I have a question and hopefully somebody will see this and have an idea/solution.

I current have a fanatic csw 2.0 wheel base hard mounted with the angled fanatec mount to my ricmotech rs1. I’m thinking about replacing the csw2.0 with the new GT DD base as to ditch my drivehub. I’m a little worried about how I’m going to mount the new base because it doesn’t come with a mount. You can purchase the table mount with it but I prefer a hard mount solution.

Has anyone with an rs1 equipped a gt or podium base to it? If so, could you fill me in on how you achieve this? Many thanks!

Last edited:
Timely that this thread pops up again. I have a quick question. How timely are Ricmotech in responding to support queries?

I ordered and installed the load cell for the G29 pedals and it has been giving a constant noisy braking signal ever since. I had to up my dead zone to 10% to compensate but the noise will also sometime trigger the max braking to be 20%. They sent me an email asking how my order was and wanting me to review it, which reminded me about the signal noise, so I replied to their support about that. Since then, just dead air for over a week...

I've just followed up again, but if they are going to ask for feedback then they really should be responsive when they get it. Wouldn't you think?

EDIT: Now a few days later and still silence from Ricmotech. So disappointing that there appears to be no support from them. Not sure I could recommend their products anymore.

2nd EDIT. They did finally respond but it took a couple of weeks and they apologized for the delay. That was nice. They gave a suggestion that my issue might be a poor electrical connection. I need to take my rig apart to get to my pedals to check that though...

Last edited:
Back