Ride 4

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 738 comments
Fired up this game again after ~5 months away as I'd heard about the new weekly challenges and their ridiculous payouts. So I jumped onto the challenge with the NS400R @ Tsukuba ASAP thinking the payouts were gonna be set lower next week:lol:.
However for this week's challenge with the R7 RM @ Sugo, I decided to actually try to set a good lap time for myself. Some laps I've had a groove, but wound up invalidating the lap. After many attempts I'd just had little to no patience and pushed in every sector I could, so there were some moments near the end where I'd almost lost it.
All in all it was great fun!

Set a 1:24.702 with only adjusting the throttle/brake responsiveness to aggressive and slapping soft compounds on the front and rear.

Would love to see anyone else's goes at this!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Might try that, thanks Ripper.đź‘Ť

Hi John, yeah it works really like an analog clutch in motogp19 if you set it to a stick for example. At least it works with the historic bikes, pretty sure with the other bikes too.

I set it on the right stick moving up, and then set upshift to the left bumper and downshift to the right bumper.

Then you can upshift while accelerating and downshift while braking. Have to say it's hard to adjust at 1st especially when used to using the face buttons to shift.

Edit: i think I'll let the gear shifting on the shoulder buttons to get used to it, then i can use the clutch progressively more and more.
Need that ds4 addon, i wonder if it's available still. I heard they will make one for the ds5 too.

Honestly i haven't used it much cause it's a lot to do, with everything else, but i just tried now and it's possible.

It is fun, and you can really slip the clutch to help accelerate in lower gears shifting.
They could implement a clutch wear, and damage if you burn it.

Just fun also to feel it like a real bike more. That's why i was curious to know if it works also in ride4, cause it doesn't in ride3.
Its also cool cause you can blip the throttle off and back on when you clutch in to match your revs or open the throttle just at the right time, etc.
Did a power shift from 4th to 5th and the rear slid a little, that never happened i think when using the regular or no clutch. Also it could wheelie on your power shift.

It be easier with the ds4 underpad addon paddles, you wouldn't have to use your index finger for shifting, and use the middle fingers underneath instead.

I've been on ride3 again, and trying different views hehe. Have to say by far my favorite view is the last rider/helmet view and using manual tuckin to the side in curves.
It feels so good like in those ulster, isle of man videos. I feel its almost perfect regarding your view movement relative to the bike's fairing.

And i love just about all about the game, the feel isn't bad at all, and the sound is best in that helmet view too.

But the crazy sway of the bike under you to the opposite side you're leaning into is really game breaking. Swinging left right across the road.
It really completely ruins the control of the steering trying to follow a line.
Ill be lined up for the inside of the curve perfectly, and when you lean into it to follow the curve, the bike swings to the outside of the curve the opposite side of the road lol, pretty frustrating.

And it's when using that nice view with the tuckin to the side, especially im using the shoulder out style which makes it go low and to the side of the bike even more, which i love for the feel plus you have a clear view of the inside of the curve, that it's at it's worse for sway.

I think that's why it feels sensitive too, and partly a big cause of why the ai crashes in you, since your bike is swinging left and right across the road the opposite of where you're pointing.

Really hard to compensate fully, you need not have to make any corrections in turns almost.
But i love that view feel hehe. Too bad they didnt put that nice replay 1st person realistic cam as a gameplay view choice in ride4. Really hope in the next games.

But the fairing view just before that last one in ride3 is pretty good for less sway if you are tucked in most of the time. When not tucked in it's sways quite a bit, but as long as you just untuck for braking it's pretty good.
Will have to make due with that, and use that in ride4 too i guess.
Edit: wondering if bikes still understeer always when on throttle even in 6th gear on an average bike in ride4 like 3?
Do they power oversteer more?

Saw a good end of race video again, ulster 2019, with the 2 leaders passing each other close often:

Last edited:
I feel like im done with ride almost, the silly swaying of the lower part of the bike when in rider/helmet views ruins it a lot really.
And the 3rd person gameplay in ride3 at least is boring in comparison, ..a kid's game, has worse sound, i like the helmet view sound, and replays too arent too hot for sound.

Until they fix this, i feel unmotivated, i dont know, at least in motogp19 its a little less bothersome, and the 3rd person play is good too.

I love the helmet view, and low tuckin to the side in curves, but that's the worse one for the sway.
The gameplay is completely different in 3rd person.
Milestone lol, they been doing the same games for plus 20years, how can this obvious atrocious fault be still in there.

Make it more like the realistic replay cam in ride4, even if even that shows sway of the bike left and right under you on the road.
Im worried rims racing will be same.
Who makes these supposed sim style games lol, no one in charge has any basic judgement of perspective..

It makes the control of your line ridiculous. Sad as i love good feel sims and bikes..

You're probably right but i have no clue what you are talking about (I have never ridden a bike). I believe it's the way the bike (bottom part of the screen) moves towards the opposite side of the curve (the sway as you called it) but i have no idea how it should look if it was done correctly. Is there any bike game that does it properly? I have bought MotoGP21, and TT Isle of Man 2 besides Ride 4 (for someone that only played car racing games that's something) and I'm liking them more and more. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) i have not enough experience to detect these flaws yet... I do hope someone from Milestone (or any other developer for that matter) do take a look at these forums from time to time to pick some feedback.

You're probably right but i have no clue what you are talking about (I have never ridden a bike). I believe it's the way the bike (bottom part of the screen) moves towards the opposite side of the curve (the sway as you called it) but i have no idea how it should look if it was done correctly. Is there any bike game that does it properly? I have bought MotoGP21, and TT Isle of Man 2 besides Ride 4 (for someone that only played car racing games that's something) and I'm liking them more and more. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) i have not enough experience to detect these flaws yet... I do hope someone from Milestone (or any other developer for that matter) do take a look at these forums from time to time to pick some feedback.

It's probably best to bury your head in the sand, (like me), and just enjoy it. I'm utterly convinced that @Jtheripper is right but I don't want to know ! It's the same as looking for flaws in monitors/flat screen panels, there are plenty if you know what to look for, but, fingers in ears lalalalala !

Hello, thanks, well when in rider view your perspective should move closer to the inside of the road's side you're leaning.
When in helmet or rider view in ride games, dont use tuckin, and turn left right, the bike itself swings like a pendulum from the top part, across the whole width of the road.

The replay cam in ride4 with helmet view is closer to what i mean, you can see your perspective shifting left and right relative to the road itself, not just to the bike.
Its not just visual too, the tires really slide left right like a swing across the road when they should just follow a smooth continuous line.
Just look at a real race.

In 3rd person its almost ok, only little swinging like that of the bottom. And the top leans sideways closer towards the side of the road you're turning into.

And the tires contact to the road stays on its line much better.
In a real bike, the wheels just flow in a line, not swing left and right like a pendulum, the rider cam should be the one moving side to side relative to the road, and the tires contact to the road stay in its line.

I don't know any game that does it right.

If you're into bike games now, you could check out mxgp pro, motocross game, i like it a lot, hard as you want to make it.

Last edited:
It's probably best to bury your head in the sand, (like me), and just enjoy it. I'm utterly convinced that @Jtheripper is right but I don't want to know ! It's the same as looking for flaws in monitors/flat screen panels, there are plenty if you know what to look for, but, fingers in ears lalalalala !

Lol hi crynox hehe, yeah i know what you mean buddy. I hate myself for realizing this almost, i was enjoying it a lot. But, i did have difficulty and couldn't get why, now i know.

With the bike going out of bound etc, and milestone dare put so strict road limits on the sides for their penalties lol.

Last edited:
Lol hi crynox hehe, yeah i know what you mean buddy. I hate myself for realizing this almost, i was enjoying it a lot. But, i did have difficulty and couldn't get why, now i know.

With the bike going out of bound etc, and milestone dare put so strict road limits on the sides for their penalties lol.

Hi mate, I just PM'd you :)

Hi Ripper, the swaying, might be some counter steering, we see in those views. Racers do this when their, on track, so Milestone, might be trying to that.

Hi John, i get what you mean but i dont see it explaining it much honestly. Just look at it in rider view without tuckin and turn left right, its ridiculous how the bottom swings around on the road the whole width of it, not just around the rider himself.

The bike's tires swing left right out of bound even if you're in the middle often. You can't follow a line.

Last edited:
Interesting discussion. I've spent the last hour and half comparing Ride's 4 gameplay and replays (helmet view) and I think I'm starting understand what @Jtheripper is referring to. Seems there's indeed a disconnection between the helmet camera (to pick just one) and the road the bike is on as if the camera was just floating there centered on the middle of the screen with everything else (i meant the bike) moving around it. You can easily picture/imagine the bottom on the bike moving 360Âş to the top (as stupid as it sounds) as if it was totally disconnected (through pilot's body) from the camera itself. There's something definitely off although it's quite difficult to pin point what exactly (at least for me).

I guess for people used to ride a bike, the weirdness becomes immediately obvious, for those without references from reality it's difficult to pick it up unless you search actively for it. At first i thought the riding style could fix it, but nope, all have the same pendulum effect. The replays do seem a bit better in this regard but not quite right... not sure what they are doing differently here.

I have yet to compare it with TT Isle of Man 2 (since its from a different developer) but I'm starting to think @MrCrynox advice is handy if i want to keep my sanity... just leave it as is and have fun! In any case i believe Milestone should take a look at it - there's a reason why racing simulator's developers look for feedback from pilots/drivers - they pick up all those subtleties and help make games better. For now I'm having a blast with motorcycle games (even with the photo mode! which is way better than i was expecting).

Last edited:
Hi Ripper, the swaying, might be some counter steering, we see in those views. Racers do this when their, on track, so Milestone, might be trying to that.

Also just look at it in 3rd person, its mostly correct, the top part of the rider and bike move sideways closer to the inside of the road's curve when your leaning to turn into it. The bottom stays in its line much more like it's supposed to, doesn't move sideways on the road like sliding left and right.

In rider/helmet view, if there's a wall on the road's sides like in the southern 100 track, the bottom swings left right and can hit the walls easily even though you're leaning away from it. Its a mess lol, oh well, still trying to enjoy it. Just disappointing and frustrating cause i love so much that helmet cam tuckin low to the side inside curves.

In 3rd person, you can hit the rider's helmet on the wall on the inside of a curve from leaning too closely, which is right of course. But in rider/helmet view this happens rarely as it's the bottom swinging away to the outside and your helmet stays on a constant line. Well can happen still if you aim for the inside wall i guess hehe.
Having some fun in 3rd person..

Last edited:
Interesting discussion. I've spent the last hour and half comparing Ride's 4 gameplay and replays (helmet view) and I think I'm starting understand what @Jtheripper is referring to. Seems there's indeed a disconnection between the helmet camera (to pick just one) and the road the bike is on as if the camera was just floating there centered on the middle of the screen with everything else (i meant the bike) moving around it. You can easily picture/imagine the bottom on the bike moving 360Âş to the top (as stupid as it sounds) as if it was totally disconnected (through pilot's body) from the camera itself. There's something definitely off although it's quite difficult to pin point what exactly (at least for me).

I guess for people used to ride a bike, the weirdness becomes immediately obvious, for those without references from reality it's difficult to pick it up unless you search actively for it. At first i thought the riding style could fix it, but nope, all have the same pendulum effect. The replays do seem a bit better in this regard but not quite right... not sure what they are doing differently here.

I have yet to compare it with TT Isle of Man 2 (since its from a different developer) but I'm starting to think @MrCrynox advice is handy if i want to keep my sanity... just leave it as is and have fun! In any case i believe Milestone should take a look at it - there's a reason why racing simulator's developers look for feedback from pilots/drivers - they pick up all those subtleties and help make games better. For now I'm having a blast with motorcycle games (even with the photo mode! which is way better than i was expecting).

I think its pretty much the same from videos i looked at, still feel to try iom tt2for the track itself.

You could check out driveclub game, the bikes are fun, have good physics, controls for doing small stunts like wheelies, endos etc.
There's challenges for that too.
It is more arcade though, depends on each one's taste i guess.

Yeah better follow @MrCrynox wisdom:D hehe, he's a good guy too.;)
And i'm long passed the point of insanity myself haha, or sanity.

Last edited:

This is where I'm at, we can either accept what we've got and carry on at this point until something better comes along as many have, or cannot and not play it. Or buy it at all as the case may be.

This is where I'm at, we can either accept what we've got and carry on at this point until something better comes along as many have, or cannot and not play it. Or buy it at all as the case may be.

Yeah, sorry about my stubborn complaints guys.
Well i just wish that they might fix it if they get more feedback from customers i guess, and more people realize and say it.
It could be so cool in that helmet tuckin view if only that major problem be fixed.
Reminds me of the thrill of riding i did too in the past i guess.

Im surprised they did add a more realistic view in replays in 4, kinda points to this flaw even more. Maybe it's a good sign that they will add this in the future.

Oh well, i dont know, ill try it still sometimes in that view, for now/right now im trying to enjoy it in 3rd person.

With a more performance oriented bike it can be pretty thrilling still, certainly less frustrating. Only thing is the ai now seems slow cause it plays so much better/easier like that.

But im having fun right now like this, with the yamaha yzf r6 on southern 100.
The sound of that bike is pretty fun in 3rd person too.
It's making me want the clutch in ride4, and the feel john wells here said is closer to motogp games, more feel maybe.
Also replays seem alot better, and sound a little too.
Plus new tracks like atlanta must be fun.
Too bad ai seems unbalanced still from what i heard though.

I know i complain too much hehe.
Cheers guys

Last edited:
@Jtheripper Hey, no worries. It's like we've said before, it's so bloody close to being great but there's just all these little nitpicky things that can really get in the way if you let them. And yes, the cameras should be better but it doesn't bother me as much as others. The best thing with Milestone I think is contact them through their Facebook page, that's where they seem to watch the most. Now, is it better than 3? Yes. The physics, sounds, and graphics are better. Fewer superfluous bikes and more relevant machines (although there's never going to be enough). Better and more tracks. The AI is a step up from 3, but it's not good enough, and 2 still had the best of the series. The biggest issue with the AI is they are inconsistent as hell, some tracks they'll kill you on the lowest setting and others you'll beat them easily on the highest, but on the other hand I'm struggling to think of any game where I've really been happy with AI opponents, ever.

@Jtheripper Hey, no worries. It's like we've said before, it's so bloody close to being great but there's just all these little nitpicky things that can really get in the way if you let them. And yes, the cameras should be better but it doesn't bother me as much as others. The best thing with Milestone I think is contact them through their Facebook page, that's where they seem to watch the most. Now, is it better than 3? Yes. The physics, sounds, and graphics are better. Fewer superfluous bikes and more relevant machines (although there's never going to be enough). Better and more tracks. The AI is a step up from 3, but it's not good enough, and 2 still had the best of the series. The biggest issue with the AI is they are inconsistent as hell, some tracks they'll kill you on the lowest setting and others you'll beat them easily on the highest, but on the other hand I'm struggling to think of any game where I've really been happy with AI opponents, ever.
Hehe yeah it can be thrilling.
Only thing is its a major disaster this fault if you really realize it honestly, but oh well..
Do track surfaces feel more detailed or its mostly the look?

Well i kinda like the one-off special bikes in 3, i dont know if they are adding most in dlc from 3.
Also nice to have the older street bikes, from 80s etc

But i do prefer usually the performance models so 4 would suit me fine im sure for its narrower focus too.

Trying get used to 3rd person now, its not long before im skimming the walls with the rider's helmet lol, edging the limits of the track/road. Much more manageable for sure.
Having fun more like an action game though, less sim feel in that view somewhat.

Edit: the sounds are pretty sharp, and impactfull in 3rd person too im noticing more now after trying it with more bikes.
Im liking it, if 4 is even nicer, all for the better.
Hope they add back all bikes and more in a sequel, as i like so many. Just tried the ducati diavel , sounds cool in 3rd person too.

Edit2: just noted from ride4 bike list that, actually looks more like 4 has more superfluous redundant models with many similar versions of same bike, where 3 has much more diversified models.
Just worth noting, not mean any bad..

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry about my stubborn complaints guys.
I know i complain too much hehe.
Cheers guys

They seem more like constructive criticism to me than complaints - you simply care enough to put these things out and I'm glad you do. I'm learning a few things along the way and i believe it's useful feedback for developers.

Despite liking and playing more an more bike games there's a few things (totally meaningfulness that probably no one else cares) that still bug me a little - for example the faces on cut-scenes are awfully dated, are exactly the same as last year version, the safety car it's also outdated (currently it's a yellow BMW M4 not the one seen in the game) and was up to the previous version (2020) inexplicably pixelated (they fixed it for MotoGP 2021 - it's not pixelated anymore). The shadows could be improved quite a bit (in PortimĂŁo under certain weather conditions they simply are not there - looks like the bikes are floating over the road...) on other circuits it varies a bit but they tend to fade too soon as the distance from the camera increases leaving that floating impression and killing the immersion.

In any case there's improvements too from last year (handling, replays, etc) and i do hope they keep fixing the things we do talk about here (slowly apparently, but surely). As they are now, they look quite good games for me: Ride4, MotoGP21, MXGP 2021 (you mentioned it earlier - i also have it and indeed is quite fun) as well as Monster Energy Supercross 4 (but this one i just give up for now - its too much stuff to control at the same time).

Last edited:
My $0.02 regarding the on-bike camera view(s) is that it would be perfect if it behaved closely to good ol' Tourist Trophy. I can't stand it in Ride 3; I prefer to ride from the chase view instead.

The chase view gives me a better sense of the lean and tire positions of the bike, without being so disorienting (which is a problem with the vast majority of on-bike views in any game with motorcycles, IMO -- particularly when they are super-twitchy). The on-bike view in TT is more communicative (and immersive) than any other example I know.

They seem more like constructive criticism to me than complaints - you simply care enough to put these things out and I'm glad you do. I'm learning a few things along the way and i believe it's useful feedback for developers.

Despite liking and playing more an more bike games there's a few things (totally meaningfulness that probably no one else cares) that still bug me a little - for example the faces on cut-scenes are awfully dated, are exactly the same as last year version, the safety car it's also outdated (currently it's a yellow BMW M4 not the one seen in the game) and was up to the previous version (2020) inexplicably pixelated (they fixed it for MotoGP 2021 - it's not pixelated anymore). The shadows could be improved quite a bit (in PortimĂŁo under certain weather conditions they simply are not there - looks like the bikes are floating over the road...) on other circuits it varies a bit but they tend to fade too soon as the distance from the camera increases leaving that floating impression and killing the immersion.

In any case there's improvements too from last year (handling, replays, etc) and i do hope they keep fixing the things we do talk about here (slowly apparently, but surely). As they are now, they look quite good games for me: Ride4, MotoGP21, MXGP 2021 (you mentioned it earlier - i also have it and indeed is quite fun) as well as Monster Energy Supercross 4 (but this one i just give up for now - its too much stuff to control at the same time).

Thanks friend,
I was wondering, if ever you feel to check it, in iom tt2 there are dynamic pov camera settings apparently, i dont have it yet..
If you could tell if it can be set to move more left and right relative to the road, to the side you lean, more like we talked about when in rider views?

Regarding old tt, well i don't know if there are other rider povs and settings in tourist trophy but i just checked a video on that and it's the same problem actually with the bottom swinging around instead of the top shifting left right relative to the road..

It's just less a big problem somewhat because it looks like just a fixed simpler rider pov with no side to side movement relative to the bike, so the bike swings less extremely.

Edit: just trying in ride3 the bmw r ninet mr martini, i like that type of low handle naked racer older style look too.
Sounds cool and fun too. Just need up the volume in 3rd person to push out the punchy sound. Im surprised how it's pretty good even on idle, just missing the clutch/shifting feel in the sound in 3.

I noticed that's one thing too in ride4 that is better, you feel in the sound the shifting.

@John Wells maybe you would like bikes this style too.
I was on imatranajo at night, its cool but in 3 you dont see so well, hope in 4 the night lighting is better.

Also liking in wet racing in 3, the grass/dirt is more slippery as should, in dry there's barely any difference.

The photo mode in 3 you can't hide the rider in paused replay, could be a nice option to just see the bike model.

And in replays, to be able to circle around the cam when in 3rd person cam, especially in slow motion to have closer look.

Maybe these are added in 4..
Im appreciating the movement of bikes in 3rd person, pretty good still, over curbs, sliding the rear with the rear brake to squeeze into a tight turn, bumping on side of the road objects etc.

Last edited:
Hope it's ok to double post, wanted to say, i tried the 1st person no bike view in ride3 for the 1st time really.

It's the only 1st person view that actually isn't broken i find.
It seems locked on the contact patch to the road. So it follows your line at least, the 1st time i can have a flow of my line like in 3rd person. The bottom of the bike feels like flowing in a line i mean at least.

Finally can skim the edges of the track precisely and not veer left and right like a pendulum.
It is harder to notice the bike's movement though, and the view is pretty low, making it harder to judge the curves coming up.
And the view tilts horizontally, can be disconcerting, i never was tempted by that kind of view, but it works at least.

Also the sound is pretty good in that view, sharp and punchy like in 3rd person almost.
And it is immersive.
Takes getting used to, need know the road well.
In any case, it's harder than 3rd person still for sure. Will try it more and see..

Still having lot of fun in 3rd person, so much less aggravating, can focus on reaching the limits of the track and bike and myself.

La garda is really a cool track to race and for its surroundings, makes me wish i could ride in a place like that in real.
Anyways, feel to try out all bikes, tracks, career challenges to unlock bikes, etc much more now that i can focus on enjoying it, and pushing.

And not keep trying to compensate for a giant flaw.
Still some sway in 3rd person, and in that blank 1st person view, but at least it's manageable. Looks like the pivot point is around the height of the top of the wheels.
Cheers..

Last edited:
@Jtheripper I didn't forgot to check TT IOM 2 and will do it next Friday. I usually don't have much time to play during weekdays (apart from Friday night) so I'm a bit less active here. By far the biggest difference i remember is how much easier is to control the bike in IOM2 at high speeds, even in rider view but i have no idea about the pendulum effect and at the time i wasn't paying attention to it.

Glad to know you are enjoying Ride3 a bit more. I don't have it and have no idea how it compares to the current version (4).

The discussion of first person view was discussed earlier in the forum, but to add to it. I wonder if it would be practical if the tires stayed planted in the middle because you would lose the oncoming view to the side you were turning...

The tyres "planted" in the middle is what happens in reality, that is, if there's any pendulum effect the fixed point should be the tyres not the head of the rider as it happens currently in the games... It's then the camera target/direction which should compensate and give the oncoming view of the road as a rider does when it moves their head as required to tackle the curve i think (I have no real riding experience)...

Last edited:
@Aegis* thanks for wanting to check it out, and kind of you to message about it too.
Well ride 4 and 3 look really similar from all i saw regarding povs.

By the way, milestone games are on big discounts on psn store for ps4 at least.
Ride 3 complete ed. is 12 cad, pretty good for 300plus bikes.
Could be worth it for some who like many different models of bikes. I like many at least.
Would prefer have all of them in the updated ride4 engine of course, but it's cool to try them out still.
Just tried the ducati supermono 500, nice bike from 90s i think.

Also some cool tracks i think missing in 4 like la garda, the snake,Tenerife, billow etc.

Fun to downshift more abruptly, with less rev matching to make the rear slide out into turns that you need to squeeze yourself in. Cool in 3rd person to see.

@ctdc67 maybe you're thinking that i meant earlier to have the pov look to the left or right like headtracking or to follow eyes looking into a turn.
Unless i misunderstand..

What i mean is the pov starting point should move sideways relative to the road, but still can look straight forward. Unless it's the tire contact view like in the no bike view 1st person pov. Which ever pov it is, it should make sense at least.

The higher the pov on the bike or rider, the more it should shift sideways relative to the road, and not the bike under you swinging the opposite side.
Milestone seems to have just simply hacked the bike positioning and cam in a fast simple way that makes no sense and is unusable.

Then depending on your chosen riding style, or fairing, helmet choice of cam, can lean to the side of the bike itself too.
Hi @Aegis , just saw your reply, yeah that's it as you just said.

The on board views in ride3,4 look like fixed to the pivot point of the bikes, which seems around the middle height of the bikes. So it flows in a smooth line but it doesnt move closer to the inside of curves when leaning that way. They just swing the bike under your rider to the opposite side like a swing.

In 3rd person you can see it still a little, the leaning pivot point isn't the contact to the road even like that. If you are on the edge of the track just entering into a curve, and lean into the inside, the tires will swing a little to the outside, maybe the width of 1 or 2 tires.
It can make you go out of bound even in 3rd person a little. But so much less than in the swinging bike rider views.

That's why it's so much simpler in 3rd person to follow the line you want to ride, and doesnt swerve left right like crazy like in rider views.
Even in a straight line in rider helmet views it makes it so harder for nothing to just make small adjustments. And feels so sensitive compared to 3rd person.

Im having so much fun now in 3rd person, its not even funny lol.
Easy to just ride as should, and fun and more challenging, interesting the more you push to the limits. Im appreciating more now the game, a lot of fun. Plus the racing itself is fun now. And tracks too.

Last edited:
...In 3rd person you can see it still a little, the leaning pivot point isn't the contact to the road even like that. If you are on the edge of the track just entering into a curve, and lean into the inside, the tires will swing a little to the outside, maybe the width of 1 or 2 tires.
It can make you go out of bound even in 3rd person a little. But so much less than in the swinging bike rider views.

That's why it's so much simpler in 3rd person to follow the line you want to ride, and doesnt swerve left right like crazy like in rider views.
Even in a straight line in rider helmet views it makes it so harder for nothing to just make small adjustments. And feels so sensitive compared to 3rd person.

Im having so much fun now in 3rd person, its not even funny lol.
Easy to just ride as should, and fun and more challenging, interesting the more you push to the limits. Im appreciating more now the game, a lot of fun. Plus the racing itself is fun now. And tracks too.
:) đź‘Ť

As a rider myself, in Ride and Ride 3 (skipped 2, skipping 4) the chase cam is the best at conveying the awareness I have in real life of what my Ninja is doing beneath me. I think there's a bit of extra seat-of-the-pants in riding that isn't the same as driving a virtual car with an interior cam versus a chase cam -- so the chase cam is not so "unrealistic" (not that I've ever shared that particular concern).

:) đź‘Ť

As a rider myself, in Ride and Ride 3 (skipped 2, skipping 4) the chase cam is the best at conveying the awareness I have in real life of what my Ninja is doing beneath me. I think there's a bit of extra seat-of-the-pants in riding that isn't the same as driving a virtual car with an interior cam versus a chase cam -- so the chase cam is not so "unrealistic" (not that I've ever shared that particular concern).

In nearly every car racing game I have played I use the first-person/bonnet cam. But this does not work for me on bike games. I used to ride bikes myself, and the thing is that the experience involves a sense of weight and balance, which is transmitted through your body. The first person view in bike games does not convey this, but in third person it does (to a certain extent) because there is a visual input.

Bought ride 4 shortly after release. Just deleted it from my ps5 last week. Unfortunately the game has been totally ruined by the dumbing down of the physics/handling model that milestone have patched in. (Far too forgiving ) The game felt a lot better at launch (for me at least). Shame as the graphics/replays/tracks and general polish are to be lauded. Anybody else agree?

Latest Posts

Back