Ride 4

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 738 comments
I'm not sure I've tried it before it was patched but currently it's definitely easier than MotoGP2021. In Ride4 i can brake the bike whenever and however I want (straight line, hard brake, during turning) - it's easy to handle in all situations and almost never falls (using realistic physics, almost no aids). I have much more trouble in MotoGP21 - braking must be carefully modulated otherwise it's a fall/crash...

:) 👍

As a rider myself, in Ride and Ride 3 (skipped 2, skipping 4) the chase cam is the best at conveying the awareness I have in real life of what my Ninja is doing beneath me. I think there's a bit of extra seat-of-the-pants in riding that isn't the same as driving a virtual car with an interior cam versus a chase cam -- so the chase cam is not so "unrealistic" (not that I've ever shared that particular concern).

In nearly every car racing game I have played I use the first-person/bonnet cam. But this does not work for me on bike games. I used to ride bikes myself, and the thing is that the experience involves a sense of weight and balance, which is transmitted through your body. The first person view in bike games does not convey this, but in third person it does (to a certain extent) because there is a visual input.

I get what you guys say but for me i find the onboard helmet/rider views good for feel, more than 3rd person.
And so much more immersive, real, and thrilling.

In motogp19, you feel the bike really well i find in rider view. And it's instinctive in your perception.
In 3rd person you have to look where you're aiming and have an eye on what the bike is doing at the same time.

I just have no choice for now as bike games rider povs are broken. Motogp19 1st on board cam isn't as crazy bad i guess.
---
Regarding difficulty, for sure I find gp games much more demanding but rewarding too.
I do off all aids though. In ride3 even no aids i noticed the modern superbikes keep default aids on. Sadly, makes them too easy, never break traction.
But older or simpler powerful bikes with not much electronic aids are more wild and fun a little.
***Edit: just tried the bmw 1000r street version and even though it has all the electronic aids they seem much less restraining than in the other higher versions of this bike.
More fun to push, can slide, break traction, wheelie etc.

Maybe motogp is a little too hard even, not sure but i guess the modern gp bikes keep electronic aids on usually. But the game seems to off all if you set them off.

I should try set then to low at least maybe.
Was surprised how easy big modern race superbike are in ride3. Also they use slicks i guess. Depends on the track a little too, and if choose wet track, i like it, makes it a little less forgiving.

In ride3, in dry, the road side dirt doesn't even feel riskier most times.
Slows you down.

Too bad it seems the patch for ride4 did dumb down controls, i read that many times.
Still supposed to be less forgiving than 3 no?
***edit: i wonder in ride4 does the game really off the bikes electronic aids in modern bikes if you off all?

But im having fun in 3rd person now, fun racing, can use the track well, deal with the racing better, and sound is Pretty cool. More than i thought, if pump up the volume on decent headphones.

Funny in 3rd person, made me want a baseball bat like in old road rash games, to bash silly ai off haha.
Can't complain much in this view, mainly the ai unbalanced performance on different tracks as outsider mentioned, and maybe different performance groups of bikes

***edit: oups just to specify, the bmw s 1000r i mentioned as a street bike, but i notice now it's a race modified version seems of it, that you see in the loan list, white and blue, red. With bmw motorrad on its lower side.
Edit of edit lol: just bought it now, and the race modification. Cool that you get new choices of livery then. I like the 2nd in blue.
God i love bikes, such beautiful machinery, fun, that can be relaxing and thrilling.

If i be rich and have a garage like Jay Leno, id have a collection hehe, it's like candy.

Last edited:
Wanted to mention i tried the analog clutch in motogp19 again but with the current top bikes in that game and it isn't working analog, only in earlier bikes seems.
I was using an early 2000 bike before and it worked, and older bikes too.
I guess it's realistic with how those bikes work, so maybe it's the same in ride4, with more modern ones maybe some dont have manual clutch.

What i can say is ouch, oh my god lol, the most modern gp bikes with no aids are a handfull, can't ask for more hardcore handling than that seems to me, sure is hard plenty enough for me haha wow...

Did try some bikes in ride3 that are more a handfull, but still not comparable to the harder ones in motogp19.
Seems the race modified ones are some of the harder ones in ride3 at least.
Tried the loaned kawi zx10rr r2, it's wilder at least, fun and sounds pretty meaty.
Now i have to try tame those modern gp bikes no aids, jeesshh.
Edit: i remember racers in modern gp did say that they can only open up fully the throttle in a couple of spots on a track, so i guess its realistic.

Also the tire wear in motogp19 seems a little crazy fast, i wonder if its same in ride4.

Edit: the aprilia rsv4 rf loan bike is pretty cool in ride3, one of the wilder ones, not much electronic aids it seems. Can be race modified too.

Last edited:
Finally went into the top 50's of the weekly challenge! I don't usually indulge in time trials, but I really enjoyed pushing myself and racing against my & others' ghosts. Not to mention that Yamaha felt really great around the Phillip Island. I'm sure I won't be staying in that top 50 by the end of the week, but you can bet I'm going to savour this moment while it lasts :lol:

RIDE 4   2021-06-01 3_28_03 PM.png

I got more than million credits through these weekly challenge sessions, so I decided to treat myself and bought a Suter. It's a a lot more lively compared to the Yamaha, and not even AW setting 2 could save it from trying to reach the sky, but thrashing it around Ulster GP was a blast. I haven't raced it against any AIs yet, but I'm looking forward to using it on single races and career mode.

Edit: Checked in one day later and I was already out of 50's. Welp, it felt good while it lasted.

Last edited:

Just went back to a little ride gaming, ride3, and i changed the riding style from shoulder out or something, the most rider sideways one, to the old school most upright one. Still has some side leaning out of the middle though in curves,so still cool.
Using helmet view and manual tuck in held down mostly as i usually do,,except for braking, and it's way less frustrating with trying not to feel like a sway left and right in how the steering feels sensitive when using most to the side styles.

Might try after to adjust to the next less upright riding style gradually. For now it fixes this feel alot for me. Still feels sensitive though in fast straights often i don't know.
Motogp19 feels more stable to me in steering.
I dont know if ride4 does too, I would hope so.

Only thing now is how many more performance bikes feel so understeery often on throttle mostly, but even in many other situations.

Will try fiddle with setups maybe,, like lower front preload etc.

Just went back to a little ride gaming, ride3, and i changed the riding style from shoulder out or something, the most rider sideways one, to the old school most upright one. Still has some side leaning out of the middle though in curves,so still cool.
Using helmet view and manual tuck in held down mostly as i usually do,,except for braking, and it's way less frustrating with trying not to feel like a sway left and right in how the steering feels sensitive when using most to the side styles.

Might try after to adjust to the next less upright riding style gradually. For now it fixes this feel alot for me. Still feels sensitive though in fast straights often i don't know.
Motogp19 feels more stable to me in steering.
I dont know if ride4 does too, I would hope so.

Only thing now is how many more performance bikes feel so understeery often on throttle mostly, but even in many other situations.

Will try fiddle with setups maybe,, like lower front preload etc.
Ride 4 is a big step up. Still can struggle to get a feel of the front end until it’s too late on some superbikes, but most are pretty stable. And plenty of tuning guides on YT, as while defaults are pretty alright, I’ve learned some are the opposite of a real bike.

Ride 4 is a big step up. Still can struggle to get a feel of the front end until it’s too late on some superbikes, but most are pretty stable. And plenty of tuning guides on YT, as while defaults are pretty alright, I’ve learned some are the opposite of a real bike.
Yeah, could use more feel in the pad vibration and in sound effects for road feel in r3.

That's one thing i like in iom tt1 in comparison.
And powerfull front brakes, but feeling, hearing,seeing the front start to slip before it's too late.
In R3 there's not much feel like that, in iom tt1 you even feel, hear the front hit back down from a wheelie,shifting etc helps alot.

I dont mean i want a not lively bike but i wish could feel it more and all that's happening.

Good to hear it's a step up, thanks.

Any news on a sequel? Maybe too early for that.
I think i prefer road course, for street and superbikes. Like the isle of man, nordschleife,even fantasy ones as long as well made, fast, believable, like the snake, etc.

Last edited:
Considering that the game just came out last year, it's probably too early to start expecting a sequel. Since Ride 2-3-4 came out in 2-years interval, maybe we'll hear some news next year? ;)

By the way, I was wondering if I should try out the first Ride now that I've finished Ride 3's career mode and I'm getting a little too conscious of my Ride 4 playtime on Steam. Any inputs?

Last edited:
Considering that the game just came out last year, it's probably too early to start expecting a sequel. Since Ride 2-3-4 came out in 2-years interval, maybe we'll hear some news next year? ;)

By the way, I was wondering if I should try out the first Ride now that I've finished Ride 3's career mode and I'm getting a little too conscious of my Ride 4 playtime on Steam. Any inputs?
They did just end their DLC run in the last month, so a sign they might be on track with that 2 year cycle.

Watched as far as the run into York hairpin and I can tell you there’s nowhere near that amount of grip in the wet there in real life. Haven’t played the game but looks very unrealistic. Which is a pity because I’d love a decent bike game
Hello Frank, have you tried rims by any chance?
Don't have it myself, just curious.

Not yet, I’ll maybe chance it on sale sometime. Played a bit of MotoGP 19 lately and kind of enjoying it. MotoGP 20 is on game pass, it has much improved braking over 19. I’ll give 21 a shot on ps5 when it’s on sale as it’s got gyro steering
You mean the ps pad gyro? Interesting..

I see, How's it improved from 19 to 20?
Are the endos still too stable even if you're not aligned straight? Seems in 19 it is too stable no? Edit: well i mostly remember r3 being too stable,but gp19 too i think is similar,need re test it.
Bike's back end should swerve out no if you're on an endo and leaned a little?

21 is supposed to have better ai.
But less or no classic bikes i think.
Might jump from 19 to 21 next.
Unless 20 is super cheap in the meantime., even then, i don't know.

Ride also I'm wondering if ill wait for ride5, from r3, unless r4 is dirt cheap as well.

Last edited:
You mean the ps pad gyro? Interesting..

I see, How's it improved from 19 to 20?
Are the endos still too stable even if you're not aligned straight? Seems in 19 it is too stable no? Edit: well i mostly remember r3 being too stable,but gp19 too i think is similar,need re test it.
Bike's back end should swerve out no if you're on an endo and leaned a little?

21 is supposed to have better ai.
But less or no classic bikes i think.
Might jump from 19 to 21 next.
Unless 20 is super cheap in the meantime., even then, i don't know.

Ride also I'm wondering if ill wait for ride5, from r3, unless r4 is dirt cheap as well.
Yep, def gyro on ps5, not sure about PS4.
Motogp20 is a lot more realistic with braking, showing proper instability with crossed up stoppies. Will be interesting to see the improvement if any with 21 on ps5.

Incidentally motogp20 on Xbox series s looks much better graphically than 19 on ps5 although it’s fair to say that 20 was patched for the new gen consoles. Other than that the braking is the main difference between the two.

Watched as far as the run into York hairpin and I can tell you there’s nowhere near that amount of grip in the wet there in real life. Haven’t played the game but looks very unrealistic. Which is a pity because I’d love a decent bike game
Yeah well it's an arcady game after all man, like Driveclub was but still so entertaining, and that was the point precisely; that's how Driveclub would have looked like at rock steady 60FPs, which makes me even more mad at Sony for dismantling Evo and not allowing a sequel to Driveclub on the PS5.

Guys i dont know if you can help, ive just bought this on steam, as its in the sale, been looking at youtube vids for ages etc and thought it looked brilliant......, And just just had a few goes, erm it dosent look that great graphics wise, ive got everything on ultra etc, and what the heck are these trails about, i thought it was the motion blur setting, but ive turned that off...any suggestions...

pc spec is
RTX 3070 Ti
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
32 gig ram etc
ssd drives
other games look great and run ace...whats happening, it`s like im on a version before any updates?

A video

Last edited:
Man, cannot remember what I changed in my visual settings but had the same thing... I did fiddle with stuff and finally got it fixed.
I'm on a 4K tv with my pc and it looks fantastic (would prob be better if I had a monitor...) but I did get it fixed.

I know I put my fps to 60hz since I'm on a tv, and I also messed with a couple other settings before it got fixed - but once you find it, it'll look great.

Latest Posts

Back