Ride 4

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 738 comments
I've just seen an article saying RIDE 4 will have 250 bikes up from 230 from RIDE 3..

Unfortunately I think the 250 bikes in ride 4 is total and the 230 in Ride 3 was before DLC..

I see Ride 4 modified their bikes and is counting them in their total. [Youtubers are insiders]
There is still a great selection though and HD.

I really like some of the new tracks but the throw backs not so much.

1st bike I buy= HD VR1000R

Last edited:
One thing that kinda gives me hope is maybe they were just holding back a few on the pre-release copies? But I doubt it. We'll see, I guess, ultimately there's more than enough bikes I care about in there, even if I'd like more.

Video posted above covers it, but if anyone wants, here's the day one list. You can see where they've paired down the list a bit, taking out things like the ADV bikes, some of the small capacity and less popular UJM type machines, even some of the superbikes aren't there. I'd bet some re-appear in as DLC. Still, although the bike list is a bit been there, done that, I'm really excited for the tracks.

https://ridevideogame.com/news/ride-4-complete-bikes-and-tracks-list/

I'm getting interested in RIDE4 as I love bikes but I don't think that I could get a real one without getting a divorce :) So, I'm probably buying it, maybe not on release (I have RIDE3 on my Steam wishlist and thinking about it every time it's on sale) but I have barely played a bike game (some MotoGP 13 and MUD also from 2013). A question for all the pros and experienced riders here: what is your preferred control method? Is it pretty much controller all the way or maybe steering wheel as weird as it sounds?

I'm getting interested in RIDE4 as I love bikes but I don't think that I could get a real one without getting a divorce :) So, I'm probably buying it, maybe not on release (I have RIDE3 on my Steam wishlist and thinking about it every time it's on sale) but I have barely played a bike game (some MotoGP 13 and MUD also from 2013). A question for all the pros and experienced riders here: what is your preferred control method? Is it pretty much controller all the way or maybe steering wheel as weird as it sounds?

I'm on XBox and use the stock controller, I would expect an Elite controller to be even better but I'm not bothered enough by the original to worry about it. I've heard of people using wheels but you would lose fore/aft rider motion, important in a bike game, although I suppose you could map the d-pad, I hate hitting buttons for motion though. I've often pondered trying a HOTAS but haven't (and haven't heard of anyone else since like the MCM2 days) but I would think it might work well.

Video posted above covers it, but if anyone wants, here's the day one list. You can see where they've paired down the list a bit, taking out things like the ADV bikes, some of the small capacity and less popular UJM type machines, even some of the superbikes aren't there. I'd bet some re-appear in as DLC. Still, although the bike list is a bit been there, done that, I'm really excited for the tracks.

https://ridevideogame.com/news/ride-4-complete-bikes-and-tracks-list/
To a degree, I can give them a pass on the returning bikes, given that they have re-created everyone of them for Ride 4. That alone is quite an undertaking.

I think I heard him say that the physics in the RIDE games are less simulation than the MotoGP games and my suggestion to Milestone is there are plenty of assist in the game for people that don't want to enjoy reality.

Daytona must be coming back with the game focusing on Endurance racing and maybe Le Mans(hopefully with big course)

Last edited:
No season pass on PC again, means I have to use actual brainpower to get the DLC at a good value.

The Endurance focus is interesting, not something I know a lot about actually. Should be fun.

Neural Net tuned AI is not going to make much difference if the gameplay model is the same.

Need to see how the tuning parts work this time.

Looks great!

Seems like the nixed a good number of bikes and circuits from earlier titles. Most odd is the fact they dropped Vallelunga circuit, because Milestone sri is BASED on-site at Vallelunga if I remember correctly.

also a shame they still haven’t added Bathurst. Wonder if there’ll ever be a day we can recreate the Easter Sunday bike races on the Mountain.

Seems like the nixed a good number of bikes and circuits from earlier titles. Most odd is the fact they dropped Vallelunga circuit, because Milestone sri is BASED on-site at Vallelunga if I remember correctly.

also a shame they still haven’t added Bathurst. Wonder if there’ll ever be a day we can recreate the Easter Sunday bike races on the Mountain.
That was Kunos. I'm pretty sure milestone is based in north Italy if I just go by their accents.

They also seem to have dropped the Ulster Grand Prix circuit, one of the most challenging and interesting circuits in the series. However, I may be biased here, as I am from that neck of the woods.
I was going to look into it if Ulster was gone but I was in denial. That would be a shame if it isn't a DLC track. There are a few bike manufacturers missing as well....

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to get this or not. I enjoyed Ride 3 well enough, but the time attack challenges where I can't even get bronze kill the fun for me. I don't want to lay out the money if I can't even get through half the game and dozens of bikes remain locked behind lap times I can't hope to meet.

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to get this or not. I enjoyed Ride 3 well enough, but the time attack challenges where I can't even get bronze kill the fun for me. I don't want to lay out the money if I can't even get through half the game and dozens of bikes remain locked behind lap times I can't hope to meet.

This has been a big complaint by many users since the game's release. You have to ask what where they thinking about when they designed these next to impossible challenges. I say "next to impossible" because if you spend every waking hour of your life redoing each stage again and again and again there is a slight possibility you might gold them.

And while I'm in the mood for complaining, another thing that bugs me is the super-fast accelerating AI bikes. Time and time again, even on easy (40%), I have beaten the AI on corners, only to have them shoot past me when on a straight apparently on rockets.
Apart from that, I love the game.

Yeah, agree, 3's AI was terrible, 2 had better, and a lot of those challenges were absolutely ridiculous. Another thing that I hated was, let's say you entered a series to win bike A, using bike B. But this series has a drag race you don't have a hope of winning with B, you realize you're going to need bike C, which you hate otherwise but monsters the drag race. So you have to get bike D to win the series to unlock C to get the bike you wanted in the first place. Just stupid.

Yeah I'm busy playing R3 right now, and the AI is frustratingly rubbish.
Also, bike balancing... Damn.
Z750 with 560PP laps over 3 seconds a lap slower than a 790 Duke with 459PP...

I'm on lv 62 and in the same race, on the Z750 I come 2nd, miles behind the leader. On the 790 Duke I win by 3 seconds riding badly.

Off topic but I'll mention it here because some might be interested. Milestone will supposedly have competition next year as theres a game called Rims coming out.

Last edited:
Back