Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I love it

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • It's OK

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Never tried it

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
I rented Carzy Taxi and was sick of it the first day. Yeah its fun but it should have stayed in the Arcade. There is no point behind the game. All you do is drive around. :rolleyes: I got tired of it really fast!

I never played it or seen it. But i never did like Ridge Racer. I dont know how in the hell it got as far as part 5??:confused:

Originally posted by vat_man
Yeah, Namco got pretty lucky GT2000 got delayed into GT3, otherwise it woulda got hammered

True dat, vat. I bought RR5 when I got my PS2 because it was one of two good games at the time (the other being Tekken Tag). It's really not a bad game on its own, but next to GT3, it's crap.

I love the Ridge Racer series, most of the games were great. 5 wasn't the best but it was definitely a good game. I don't look at it as the same genre as GT3 though. It's pure arcade style racing, where true to life physics models don't apply. When you learn how the game engine operates, it's definitely fun. I toss it in the same class as Wipeout, Top gear, or extreme G 3. These are games about driving fast, not about driving.

Originally posted by risingson77

An extremely lame individual...or possibly twisted out of his/her mind on drugs...or maybe Satan! He'd vote for RR5!

Satan? Hmmmm I don't think it was that guy.:P

The sig at the bottom is taken from Army of Darkness. It's one of my favorite movies.

It's a renter!!!

Hey I just bought my PS2, hardly any games for it. Bought SSX and Summoner and rented RRV5.

I finished RRV5 in like 2-3 days and enjoyed every minute of it. This is of course an event that happened long before my 2 1/2 month endurance with GT3.

;)

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell

Satan? Hmmmm I don't think it was that guy.:P

The sig at the bottom is taken from Army of Darkness. It's one of my favorite movies.

K, thx. You know, I've never seen Army of Darkness...well, just bits and pieces. Perhaps I should rent it.

Or, maybe I could just borrow your copy? You must have several filling out your DVD collection. :lol:

K, thx. You know, I've never seen Army of Darkness...well, just bits and pieces. Perhaps I should rent it.

Or, maybe I could just borrow your copy? You must have several filling out your DVD collection. :lol:

:lol:
I have 3 different versions of it.
Be warned, it's the best bad movie ever made. It's really cheesy, but if you like campy stuff it's hilarious. It will provide you with enough one liners to last a lifetime though.;)

Done, and done. I'll rent it on my next day off.

You can never have too many one-liners. :D

:thumbsup: There ya go.

when I got it, as a present, btw. And the gameplay isn't even close, sure the graphics are okay, they're better than PSX, but not worthy of a PS2 model. The roofs of the cars are so jaggad, oh that hurt my eyes. And did I mention that the gameplay sucks? Well, it does!

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
I love the Ridge Racer series, most of the games were great. 5 wasn't the best but it was definitely a good game. I don't look at it as the same genre as GT3 though. It's pure arcade style racing, where true to life physics models don't apply. When you learn how the game engine operates, it's definitely fun. I toss it in the same class as Wipeout, Top gear, or extreme G 3. These are games about driving fast, not about driving.
Yah......gotta love those turn on a dime handling capabilities :rolleyes:

Back