Ridge Racer Type 4

• Thread starter takumi64
  • 3 comments
Does anyone here still play Ridge Racer Type 4 on the PS1? I still love that game because of the unique car designs, especially the Promessa and the Bisonte...

Sorry to bring up such an old thread... Is this game worth experiencing? I have the PS Mag with there game gracing the cover and I remember it was a big deal but never got to see what the hype was. Granted it's not going to be much now with such "modern" games (we've come so far in 6 yrs. :scared: ). Thanks for your help.

I really liked it back in those days.I still like it now it just looks horrible.The intro rocked and the cars were awsome.Especially the 4 bonus cars.My favourites were Utopia and Ecureuil,the latter one does 0-300 km/h in 3 sec.

Ah,that brings back some fond memories.

If you like(d) Ridge racer games then you like R4 possibly the best in the series despite 5's graphic advantages. I still have R4 and the bonus disc that has the original version that has twice the resolution of the original arcade version and runs at 60fps unlike the original PSone version. Namco also details on how they achive 640x480 and 60fps on the PS1. RR ran at 320x240 and 30 fps

Back