RIDOX Replica Garage Fan Club - Suspended

• Thread starter danbojte
  • 2,328 comments
@danbojte & @TurnLeft & rest, there is calculation error on springs, just fixing all spring rates.
Hope you can test how changes affect on driving, we can stay on calculation error springs too.
All except Elise now fixed on my garage. After smoke that's done too.

Good to hear at it's easy to drive, it should be, until pushing on final edge :)

Left old values visible, altered current values to correspond real-life values, some springs changed match better, but tried to pick springs from aftermarket supplier list what goes closest what there was.

Only thing what can say.. ..king feet vs inch.. :)

Last edited:
@OdeFinn, I drove your '96 RUF CTR2 tune. Very nice setup...handles very nicely around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. I probably haven't driven this car in almost a year. Usually when I take out a RUF it's either the Yellowbird or the RGT. I may have found a new favorite among the RUF's. I only drove the base setup. I'll try out a few of the different differentials later to see what works best for me. Good job with the suspension -- she really glides over the bumps on the Green Hell. That's nice. Too often I find people set their suspensions way too stiff for a bumpy rollercoaster like the 'Ring... 👍

Also I must announce that it seems I will not be available this Saturday neither. :grumpy:

It would be better for us to think about to move our regular Races in a working day/night if we can find a convenient schedule for all.
Hi Dan. Hope you are well:) Sorry, I've been a bit forgetful and forgot I saw this pop up :banghead: I have no problems moving to another time 👍 For me any day is fine as long as it's between around 4-9 pm GMT 👍 :cheers:

drove your '96 RUF CTR2 tune. Very nice setup...handles very nicely around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. I probably haven't driven this car in almost a year.
That tune works best with STOCK wheels, maybe I should try that myself too, long time from last time on that too.
Recalling to use it on seasonal 4wd drifting last time, tune was so multipurpose one at it works almost everywhere. :)

That tune works best with STOCK wheels, maybe I should try that myself too, long time from last time on that too.
Recalling to use it on seasonal 4wd drifting last time, tune was so multipurpose one at it works almost everywhere. :)
I feel no difference no matter which wheels I use, I installed some aftermarket wheels on the car, but I can't remember which set off the top of my head.

Good luck, my friend! I wish you good health and be well! 👍
Thanks :), unfortunately it's been moved to the 21st, and on the 23rd I should get the final results. After that I'll know more or less what the options are. Hope your daughter is well settled, it must be nerve racking for you having her far away, great thing with internet now is that communicating with family far off is so cheap, take care my friend :cheers:.

Thanks :), unfortunately it's been moved to the 21st, and on the 23rd I should get the final results. After that I'll know more or less what the options are. Hope your daughter is well settled, it must be nerve racking for you having her far away, great thing with internet now is that communicating with family far off is so cheap, take care my friend :cheers:.
I see, good luck, my friend. Yes she's well, thank you very much. It's quite hard for us the parents but yes, the Internet is magic these times. :) 👍

@danbojte is there a race tomorrow?
Have all checked their setups, there was change on spring rate some time ago, if asked me I'll prefer going on those updated rates.
If some other opinion rising up, please say it here.

Hae to wake up early tomorrow, didn't have much seat time on those lotuses after spring rate change.

@danbojte is there a race tomorrow?
Have all checked their setups, there was change on spring rate some time ago, if asked me I'll prefer going on those updated rates.
If some other opinion rising up, please say it here.

Hae to wake up early tomorrow, didn't have much seat time on those lotuses after spring rate change.
No OF, no race for tomorrow. I'll not be at home. Sorry, my friends.

@Ridox2JZGTE This came up in a different thread, but I can't remember which...Anyway, you're right...I applied a light blue chrome and it looked really nice on my BMW when I got the car on Red Bull Ring. Why must the Chrome paints look so freakin' awful in the Paint Shop? I've NEVER applied a Chrome paint before this light blue color because whenever I've demo'd the color in the Paint Shop the car's have always looked hideous. I stopped even looking through the Chrome tab of colors over a year ago because I figured I would never apply one of those paints to my cars.

Still, because of how terrible they look on my car while in the Paint Shop, I am nervous about using the Chrome paints. 10,000 credits just to try it out is a big waste too, regardless of my 35,000,000CR balance. Do you, or anyone else, know of any Chrome colored paints that look good on some cars? Do you know the exact name of the paints? Because if you say Red, for instance, I think there are like 8 different Reds available...

@Ridox2JZGTE This came up in a different thread, but I can't remember which...Anyway, you're right...I applied a light blue chrome and it looked really nice on my BMW when I got the car on Red Bull Ring. Why must the Chrome paints look so freakin' awful in the Paint Shop? I've NEVER applied a Chrome paint before this light blue color because whenever I've demo'd the color in the Paint Shop the car's have always looked hideous. I stopped even looking through the Chrome tab of colors over a year ago because I figured I would never apply one of those paints to my cars.

Still, because of how terrible they look on my car while in the Paint Shop, I am nervous about using the Chrome paints. 10,000 credits just to try it out is a big waste too, regardless of my 35,000,000CR balance. Do you, or anyone else, know of any Chrome colored paints that look good on some cars? Do you know the exact name of the paints? Because if you say Red, for instance, I think there are like 8 different Reds available...

Now now, don't be stingy :D to try out some cool colors :lol:. I've used the chrome colors a few times but not the red, the blue is cool and the gold too.
Tuning.jpg

Hey Alb. There are a couple labelled Japanese that look pretty cool. I think one is called Japanese 002-c it's darker silver looking chrome, looks almost black from some angles :) I used it on my Veyron....because it wasn't ostentatious enough :sly:

Now now, don't be stingy :D to try out some cool colors :lol:. I've used the chrome colors a few times but not the red, the blue is cool and the gold too.
View attachment 448223
The blue really does look nice! In fact, here is the car/color that prompted this whole issue:

Gallardo_Blue_Chrome.jpg

I never would have guessed it was a chrome paint. But then I painted my Ferrari F430 with a light blue chrome and it was the same color...The Lambo doesn't have direct sunlight hitting the side of the car closest to the camera, so you don't see that chrome mirror-like reflection. It didn't look quite as nice on my Ferrari because of the sunlight, but it wasn't awful like I was expecting. God, I love the color of that Gallardo. I could look at it all day. :lol:

I personally don't like them. :D
I never did either. Especially when seeing them in the Paint Shop - my god, they look atrocious! But then I saw that Lambo and was absolutely shocked that it was a chrome paint. Like I said...If you take that Lambo out onto a sunny track you're going to see the chrome part shining and THAT I don't care for at all. But the base blue of the paint, I really liked a lot.

I'll look for that Japanese 002-C TC...Thanks for the suggestion! 👍

The blue really does look nice! In fact, here is the car/color that prompted this whole issue:

View attachment 448230

I never would have guessed it was a chrome paint. But then I painted my Ferrari F430 with a light blue chrome and it was the same color...The Lambo doesn't have direct sunlight hitting the side of the car closest to the camera, so you don't see that chrome mirror-like reflection. It didn't look quite as nice on my Ferrari because of the sunlight, but it wasn't awful like I was expecting. God, I love the color of that Gallardo. I could look at it all day. :lol:
That is a nice blue :)

Here's that nice reserved Bugatti I was telling you about
sb1mUKjAr2yi3iNa2_0.jpg

I've finally got it back from the repair shop after a mildly chaotic Wangan Battle a little while ago :D

The only other one I've used is Japanese 010-W...
FAL59TffRzd4419CHf_0.jpg

Last edited:
I never did either. Especially when seeing them in the Paint Shop - my god, they look atrocious! But then I saw that Lambo and was absolutely shocked that it was a chrome paint. Like I said...If you take that Lambo out onto a sunny track you're going to see the chrome part shining and THAT I don't care for at all. But the base blue of the paint, I really liked a lot.

I'll look for that Japanese 002-C TC...Thanks for the suggestion! 👍
I like using the chrome paints on the wheels too, really cool but it does dip in your pocket :lol:.

The chrome paints looks bad on preview because of the all white environment, which make it too bright :) Try each shade, don't worry about the credits :D Go to track and see if it's nice or not.

The chrome paints looks bad on preview because of the all white environment, which make it too bright :) Try each shade, don't worry about the credits :D Go to track and see if it's nice or not.
Oh, I'm not worried about credits. I haven't been under 30M credits in months and months... I just meant the credits would start to add up if you wanted to check out what the colors actually look like on car after car since you have to buy them to really know what they'll look like. For instance, I put that same color blue on my TommyKaira ZZII and it doesn't look as nice as it did on my F430 - probably because it's a standard.

Not a problem, my friend. 👍 It revealed that no Racers were available. :ouch:

:cheers:
That's unfortunate :( Hopefully we can get something sorted out that suits everyone soon. I've missed our races and am quite looking forward to the Lotus races and whatever lays beyond :)

I know @Ridox2JZGTE has made a couple of suggestions for future events too, I'll second any plans for using the Alfa 8C :) that car is a cracker 👍 very nice replica to drive, it should be great for racing with. And I like the idea @TurnLeft had about the Sports car battle, I know they're probably not very well matched, but I think it'd be great fun anyway :)👍

Back