RIDOX Replica Garage Fan Club - Suspended

• Thread starter danbojte
  • 2,328 comments
The 8C :) Wonder if the Aston Martin DB9 an race with it, or the Z8. I'm testing the E60 M5, it did Nurb GP D at 1:46s and Tsukuba 1:06s, 500HP, 2000+kg, similar to real life record. Anyone interested, try the DB9, Z8, M4, 8C at both tracks on CS, see how quick they are.

The 8C :) Wonder if the Aston Martin DB9 an race with it, or the Z8. I'm testing the E60 M5, it did Nurb GP D at 1:46s and Tsukuba 1:06s, 500HP, 2000+kg, similar to real life record. Anyone interested, try the DB9, Z8, M4, 8C at both tracks on CS, see how quick they are.
The 8C is just a great fun drive, I've been grinding the Tour of Europe events with it quite a bit, it's almost as if Alfa just forgot straight roads exist when they made this car, it's so at home in the bends. I think it's a pretty special car, looks good, sounds just awesome, has decent power and handles really well, with just enough Italian in it to make you think twice before pushing too hard :D And it comes with a free set of matched luggage what more could a guy want :sly: :lol:

I don't believe I've built the Z8 or M4 yet :guilty: I could probably get some time this afternoon to get them built and do some testing. Probably better if one of the more consistent drivers among us (that would probably be all of them :P ) has a go too, there's a fair chance we'd get a better view of the performance difference of the cars that way :)

:banghead: Sorry my friends :guilty: I got straight to bed, I set my alarm (3 of them actually :crazy:) and well....
images
Must have needed it more than I though :rolleyes:

Hi @Ridox2JZGTE. I didn't get a chance yesterday but I've had a testing session today with the BMW M4 & Z8, Alfa 8C and Aston Martin DB9 at Tsukuba and Nurb GP/D. Just remember I'm the amateur of the group :dopey: so the cars are probably closer than I have them at the moment :guilty:

At Tsukuba I found Both BMWs a bit off the pace only managing a 1:07.9 in the M4 and 1:08.1 in the Z8, there is plenty of room for me to improve on those times with a bit more practice and familiarity with them. The Aston went round in 1:07 flat and the 8C within a tenth, just dipping into the 1:06s :)
Then came Nurb GP/D again the Aston and Alfa were pretty close, both getting round in the mid 1:47s (Aston 1:47.8, alfa 1:47.5) With the M4 doing 1:48.4 and the Z8 at 1:48.8, again these would probably improve given more time with them.

After the session I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the Z8 :(. The car handles well enough, but it must have the most impractical instrument cluster I think I've ever seen and the sound from the exhaust is not what I'd call music to my ears. It's got to be close to the worst place to "virtually" sit to drive a car in GT6 (excluding the standards of course ;)). A very nice driving car, looks pretty sweet from the outside but sit behind the wheel and :yuck:. I really don't know what the designers an Bayerische Motoren Werke were thinking with that interior :crazy:

On a more positive note The Aston Martin DB9, just :drool: :D

Back