Closed

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 421 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like my idea of driving heaven ...wasn't that GT2's tag line!?!

Anyway, thanks to @Argon for letting me know about Ring Rats, can't believe I've not seen this before.

Is there any form of sign up required or is it a case of show up on race day?

Cheers,

Chris :cheers:
Nope, I'll add you to the Ring Rats conversation where we chat . Also go to PSN communities and join Ring Rats there so you can get race notifications in case you forget. Go read the first post here and show up and race. We are starting to get to the point where the room is filling up so its a good idea to post either on the thread or convo if you plan to race. Got your FR and approved. You're all set.

Nope, I'll add you to the Ring Rats conversation where we chat . Also go to PSN communities and join Ring Rats there so you can get race notifications in case you forget. Go read the first post here and show up and race. We are starting to get to the point where the room is filling up so its a good idea to post either on the thread or convo if you plan to race. Got your FR and approved. You're all set.

Lovely, thanks @GTP_Nail :cheers:

I'll fire up the ps4 in the morning and join the PSN community, but count me in as a definite for Sunday 👍

2CE5EB8F-4467-4C66-8631-7EBE475B5622.jpeg

Tomorrow 1230 room opens. Race begins at 1330 Central US. (UTC-5)
GT2
Nissan
Lexus

GT4
Ferrari
Mclaren
Audi

1.5 hours N24 Circuit. Night. Damage normal.

I’ll take TT or Nissan depending on how many warm bodies we get.
Watching F1 ... I loved Marttin Brundle’s commenting on the grid...especially has description of Corporate Hospitality suites as the Corporate Hostility suite...oh how true!

if you have Discord come up...we may or may not need it

Just finished GP....astonishingly entertaining..I‘m too. drained to race...lol

Last edited:
Fantastic race tonight that went my way in the Gr.4 class but it was a close run thing again with @jammy21 and @roamer2629 . I was lucky enough to get a pass on @Goldomor early in the first lap that put me right behind Javier and we kept that up for the whole of the first stint but I knew that the Mclaren had a bit of extra speed on The Ferrari so waited for an easy pass and fortunately Javier went for the early 5 minute stop which opened the track for me and then it was just a case of trying to stay out of the way of the Gr.2 drivers and Joel in a charging Mclaren also

Had a small incident with @monoha which was as much my mistake as his as he caught me in a bad part of the track and we both got a bit confused as to which side the pass was going to be made. No harm done and neither of us lost much time but later in the stint @monoha showed huge patience with me as we again come together in a tricky part of the track so a big thankyou for that 👍

Nice to see some new faces in the race tonight and I hope that we see you all again :cheers:

Results are;

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180415212727.jpg

Congrats to everyone tonight there was some awesome spotsmanship going on

Last edited:
I also had a great race with @monoha

The whole race we were never more than 20 seconds apart and on the same pit strategy. I was a bit faster while saving fuel for the first 8 laps and built up a small lead. But he’s significantly faster when going all out and that’s what the last 3 lap stint was going to be. I saw my lead dwindling down to just 4 seconds but unfortunately he didn’t take on enough fuel so he had to do another pit stop before the final lap.

Thanks for the race guys, was quite fun in our gr2 chat :).

Thanks @mr_lab_rat it surely was an interesting race untill the last part - well done 👍. Would have been quite interesting if it wasn't for the fueling decision error.

I thought I'd finally try to do a fuel saving startegy this time around, as it seems the Gr2 cars are a bit more forgiving on worn tires. As the rat mentioned, I was able to keep pace with his simliar strategy. I found the driving was awkard and didn't get into a rythem, so I'll need to train that more.

@Argon , I agree with our incident, apologies for my part again. On the final lap, even though you opened the door for me I realised that wasn't a spot to overtake safely and as it was last lap and far from anyone in my class, I had no reason to keep a fast pace.

@roamer2629 I was stuck on the grid for 5 seconds, until a messege showed that you left the room - I assumed you dc'd, but suddenly the others Gr2 guys were talking about lapping you. I couldn't see you on the track or in the list of drivers. If you could see me, I wonder how that looked when you got lapped :s. Interesting how that works, has that happend before?

It was nice to be back on "Green Hell". Little bit rusty but it will come back with more practise. I wasn't sure my strategy (pitstop/fuel saving), but it went quite ok.

Well done @Argon for GR4 win.

I'm not sure why use Discord? What it does better than PS4 chat/party room?

It was nice to be back on "Green Hell". Little bit rusty but it will come back with more practise. I wasn't sure my strategy (pitstop/fuel saving), but it went quite ok.

Great to have you with us.
The PS4 chat has 8 player limit and our group is already bigger than that.

Just a question of numbers Joel. PSN only allows 8 whilst Discord will allow up to 5,000

edit: Sorry Mike , I should have read that you had already answered this 👍

Great race yesterday guys. Although I stuck with, as said, the slow TT (was my only choice as me driving the AT is not compatible with fuel saving, and the McLaren eats the full tank in 2 and half laps, didnt have the Ferrari to try and didnt feel to use Gr.2 this time).

Memorable moment: me rushing down the straight to Sweden kreuz in lap 2 and all of a sudden passed by 4 Gr.2 beasts hunting their prey. :D i was like, OMG, 4x... :D happily kept it on the tarmac ^^ no gardener to call ^^

Thanks for the race guys, was quite fun in our gr2 chat :).

Thanks @mr_lab_rat it surely was an interesting race untill the last part - well done 👍. Would have been quite interesting if it wasn't for the fueling decision error.

I thought I'd finally try to do a fuel saving startegy this time around, as it seems the Gr2 cars are a bit more forgiving on worn tires. As the rat mentioned, I was able to keep pace with his simliar strategy. I found the driving was awkard and didn't get into a rythem, so I'll need to train that more.

@Argon , I agree with our incident, apologies for my part again. On the final lap, even though you opened the door for me I realised that wasn't a spot to overtake safely and as it was last lap and far from anyone in my class, I had no reason to keep a fast pace.

@roamer2629 I was stuck on the grid for 5 seconds, until a messege showed that you left the room - I assumed you dc'd, but suddenly the others Gr2 guys were talking about lapping you. I couldn't see you on the track or in the list of drivers. If you could see me, I wonder how that looked when you got lapped :s. Interesting how that works, has that happend before?
I could see you the whole time, but invisibility issues plague this lobbies since day one. It helps to set your PS on DMZ on the modem settings if you haven't done that already, also upnp should be active to avoid this or at least mitigate it.

Could anyone please let me know to whom and how I should send the pit photo from Sundays race? Thanks guys :gtpflag:.
No one dude you are ok. We ask for pics to be taken in case something doesn't make sense during the races or we have any complaints. Do continue taking them though 👍

No one dude you are ok. We ask for pics to be taken in case something doesn't make sense during the races or we have any complaints. Do continue taking them though 👍
Will do. Thanks for the quick information mate 👍.

View attachment 730577

Room opens at the Ring @ 8:30. Daylight this time on the N24 circuit........lets try the Vettes, Mustangs, and Vipers.
Sorry to be a pain, but are we talking about GR3', GR4's or N500's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back