Closed

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 421 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gr.3 american cars for the next combo. You can also practice the current combo - Gr.2 Nissan/Lexus + Gr.4 McLaren/Ferrari.

Tuesday night is mainly practice, testing, and short (2-4 lap) races.
Ahh, gotcha. Totally makes sense to conduct the room like that, considering whats on the horizon.

Thanks for the info.

I also wanted to say, that I installed Discord but, need friends now as my list is empty :lol:.

Ahh, gotcha. Totally makes sense to conduct the room like that, considering whats on the horizon.

Thanks for the info.

I also wanted to say, that I installed Discord but, need friends now as my list is empty :lol:.

I'm billy no mates too :lol: but the way we use it you just need a link that Ned will send you to join the Ring Rats server and then you'll be in with all of us anyway. I don't think many of us use Discord outside of our Sunday races 👍

Last edited:

Thanks for the info.

send me your discord number

A great bragging video from Porsche on the latest GT3 but more importantly, the video shows the Accelerator and Brake inputs also the Gears so it makes for a pretty good training video on how to approach the Nordschleife

Enjoy :cheers:

5DCB8788-4FFB-40AB-84CB-0080C18B753B.jpeg

Well....Bruce flew at Flugplatz... so will we .
Sunday 1230 Central US rooms open. Race at 1330. 2 hours on the N24 Circuit. Daylight
Gr2 Lexus and Nissan
Gr4 Ferrari and McLaren

And here is something I’ve never seen before, it is the proposed shortened GP track to replace the Nordschliefe after Lauda’s crash in 1976
C38EB29A-5148-49E6-8F40-B72CE69BA4AD.gif

Last edited:
I have a birthday party for my wife today so my debut with the Ring Rats will be delayed one week...sorry! :(

:cheers:

Hmm... are you sure she wouldn’t forgive you if you sent a surrogate?
Just kidding.... give her all our best! Do not put proper number of candles on cake... 19 will do admirably :cheers:

Another great session but not without the difficulties with the servers that meant we finally ended up with two casualties. So sad because these races really benefit from numbers and the nonsense with the servers is trying everyone's patience.

Anyway back to the race.

I was have a great tussle with @GTP_Versatile through the first stint and then I tried to play a sneaky card by not doing my 5 minute stop at the first pit stop but by running 1 lap then coming in for a top up as that would take me through to the end of the race. Unfortunately I had an off at the start of my 1 lap that really hampered the cars performance (full damage was on) and I lost a ton of time trying to get back for my splash and dash that got extended because of car repairs.

Still a great race though and tons of fun.

Results were;

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180422220004.jpg

Last edited:
Guys I need to ask everyone to please check their router settings to help us all reduce the number of invisibility issues. Very probably this is a result of peer to peer issues and not related strictly to the servers. That means that we all need to take a couple of steps to make sure we don't continue loosing people each race.
It's very important that we all set the PS on DMZ in our routers, and have UpNp enabled. That at least would set us all on the right settings and then we can blame the servers if the issue is still there. Being the one further away from the servers makes me draw the shortest straw very often and I probably won't be able to ever solve that, but at least we can do what's possible our end.
Thanks everyone and sorry for the inconvenience 👍

Javier can you have someone post the step by step procedure. You are entirely correct its time for this Sierra to stop . We lost over an hour and two drivers. IF any of this is due to OUR PERSONAL settings then it is OUR fault not PD’s( as unlikely as this my seem to be :lol:).

Great fun with @jammy21 yesterday...who can fall off the most in quick succession....lmao.
I am switching to the McLaren... it suits my style better and is lts less work.... especially for three hours.

Next Sundays Race Settings.

3.0 wonderful Hours on the NORDSCHLIEFE.... not the unloved N24 circuit. So recheck your stints.

Heavy damages.. lol( by general assent it much more fun and challenging)

GT2 Nissan or Lexus
GT4 Ferrari or Mclaren

( please put a livery on the damn things... if you are as unskilled as I at editing liveries just paint it and put the racing stuff on it... or go get one from DISCOVERY.)

One 5 minute pit stop for each hour. They may not be combined.

DISCORD. We have one week to all get it working. You need to send me a FR ( Nail#4222). I will then send you a invite. Once you have done this the only action needed is to turn on discord, Tap the Red Porsche , tap on general chat, and select ENTER VOICE . We will use discord (there be no official chat) there will be a chat open for those who simply can’t seem to get it together but I anticipate VERY FEW on this and I can’t seem to locate my key board. I will stay on D all race but you need not if it bothers you to hear the Ph1sh’s understeering fanatec wonder wheel.

Start procedure: Ramdom grid. Rolling start. After you check your ability to race, GR4 will pace at 100 mph to Flugplatz Straight and start entering the straight.
Gr2 will stop on track and wait till GR4 has passed Sector 3(Aremberg) and then pace to Flugplatz straight and start.

(Remember that it is the responsibility of the overtaking driver to effect a CLEAN pass. It is the responsibility of the slower car to MAINTAIN HIS LINE!!).

IF we have someone fails to start...
ALL of us will exit the room and the game and reenter the new room. We will not abort the second start even if we have invisibility issues and hope the “big track” will reslove problems.

If you have to leave the race prior to completion please either pit and leave the car prior to changing tyres or park out of the way and set the ebrake.

Fun will be had by all... or else...

.....can I just amend the the line about overtaking. With a narrow track like this maintaining your line will normally mean blocking as the line is seldom on the track edge so can I suggest.

Gr.2 cars overtaking Gr.4 must be done on the left. If you don't have room to pass on the left then wait, do not start to pass right as this will likely cause an incident. The Gr.4 car has the right to line and track position but will move over when safe, please be patient. With full damage on the consequences of either car going off will be severe and will spoil the race for whoever is on the receiving end.

Think most of us know this anyway but does that seem OK?

Ugh, since McLaren doesnt want to run at least 3 full laps (not sure how this will work on just the Nordschleife)and I still do not own the 458, i'll be forced to take the GT-R beast for 3 hours uff uff :D

Hope not many engine swaps will be needed, will try to avoid any drama more than ever ^^

Im going to try the economy version of the Thirstylaren....as Im much safer and faster in it. Miro...if you do that Im bringing a balistic helmet and vest....there’s going to bit of “used” Nissan bits everywhere!!! :lol:

Looking forward to the 3 hours!

I don't have any other race that day that can turn me into a useless potato, so should be competitive this time :cheers:

I'll go with the gr2 Nissan, as I need more miles in it. But I think the Lexus is easier to drive.

I agree with the overtaking guidelines @Argon 👍

.....can I just amend the the line about overtaking. With a narrow track like this maintaining your line will normally mean blocking as the line is seldom on the track edge so can I suggest.

Gr.2 cars overtaking Gr.4 must be done on the left. If you don't have room to pass on the left then wait, do not start to pass right as this will likely cause an incident. The Gr.4 car has the right to line and track position but will move over when safe, please be patient. With full damage on the consequences of either car going off will be severe and will spoil the race for whoever is on the receiving end.

Think most of us know this anyway but does that seem OK?
I concur...BUT...it is still the responsibility of the faster driver to get by so one way to do this is to make believe he is in your class and take him the same way you would overtake a guy you have dicing with. Do NOT make book on the G4 driver moving over BECAUSE he may not be looking for you. It is not worth two visits to the pits because you were impatient. The best drivers make this happen seamlessly . It’s all about perception, ability, and just plain luck that two dissimilar forces reacting to vastly different forces of physics arrive at the same point in time . Its all up to you to make it a “mutually acceptable “experience. And, there are many corners that are low percentage pass areas. Know them Before you stick your nose in where it has no businesses of being. That’s enough I do believe the collective WE get it :lol:

EAA4F1F2-592D-4BCB-A0B0-FB4FE05E8520.png

I’ll be up tonight after 8 central (0100 Zulu).
If there is no maintenance lets try to run at least one 45 min to 60 real race with your Sunday cars.
My shoulder is irritated with my 6 hour drive in aquaplaining conditions yesterday. lots of “almost”tank slappers on I40 going to and from Nashville and I may not actually drive.

room up chat up

guys my feet are hors de combat from Sunday and then 6 hours of real driving Yesterday so Im here only if needed. Will close room at 9:30 if no one showsj

Great race tonight and managed to last the 3 hours much better this time. Had one shunt in the rear early on that caused wing, splitter and damage to one rear wheel but it was on my in lap for my first pit stop so it didn't impact me too much. Then on my out lap from the last stop in the first hour I had an unforced error and went off causing damage to the left front wheel and splitter but as my out lap crossed over the hour I decided to do another pit stop and take my 5 minutes for that hour also and repair the damage.

After that it was all pretty easy going as I had little to do aside from stay on track, be consistent and let the Gr.2's by when they came roaring up behind. Aside from the accidental shunt above the overtaking by the Gr.2's for the whole of the race was perfect, thanks Gr.2 drivers :cheers:

Congrats to @GTP_Versatile on the outright win and special thanks to @mr_lab_rat and @Storm_SP17 for the hilarious chatter towards the end

Full results:-

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180429224543.jpg

Looking forward to the next one 👍

Last edited:
Nice race guys, pretty cool we're a bunch that enjoys doing this 👍

The track really came alive with the marshalls and their blue flags. I had a half a lap seeing blue as @GTP_Versatile was lapping me, while I were practically on P2 - was fun while it lasted, hehe.

Good class overtakes all around from my perspective, but perhaps one on @mr_lab_rat was a bit too risky (sorry!).

My race was a roller coaster ride, many ups and downs. Still need to work on my concentration and focus.

I had four stints without damage of four laps each, else plently of 1-2-3 lap stints due to damage. And it wasn't even places were I was pushing :rolleyes:.
--

Couple of images from the race

Very nice livery @Argon (the yellow car)
full

Three wide on the main straight 👍
full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back