Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

This sort of thing happen often? I don't use lobby much
Yes unfortunately. Gran Turismo has tried their best to patch everything. That problem has continued to exist for a while now.

It happened more with our old host's internet. It happened to me race last year at our Mount Panorama race. The player just left and reentered with no problems after that. I never seen resetting the entire room not fix the problem. Let alone restarting everything. So I really didn't what else at that point. You seemed to have no problems with the January race.

Anyways I discussed with some of the other members. We agreed to credit that you started the race. I already guarantee points for starting the race but, you fell in an unexpected gray area of the rule. Being that technically you never left the grid.

PS_App_20210207_041633.jpeg

Winner: John_YDG
Pole Bonus: John_YDG
Fastest Lap: John_YDG

Incident Report:

*Norrin Radd suffered grid race ending mechanical failure.

Last edited:
I will update the Standings in a little bit.

I have the System section down below the Standings section.

I will be adding a race restart policy after this race. To both this and Supercar series forms.

Next Race

120 Miles of the Streets Of Willow Springs

March 6th
W.S.I.R. - Streets Of Willow Springs
120 Miles, 73 Laps
Gr.4
Evening 17:00 Fine
Fuel x3
Tires x4
Grid Start
10 minutes Qualifying
Corner Penalties Strong

I have made this a nice hot and slick late afternoon race in this dusty desert. Welcome to Southern California.

From the FIA Gr.4 class races I've raced. It is very difficult overtake on track. You're Qualifying position and pit strategy very important for this.

The high temperatures and a very technical course means your tires will wear very fast. Short pitting for tires will likely be a must.

Good Luck! See You March 6th!

Glad you all got to race, been getting booted from dailies fairly often recently and no idea if there is a problem my end or theirs. Maybe just been unlucky. I was concerned last month that being stuck on Nat 3 would be a problem so had used the other connection which failed, I kept getting disconnected during practice, so went to the Nat 3 one and had no problems. Hopefully everything will run smoothly next month.

Glad you all got to race, been getting booted from dailies fairly often recently and no idea if there is a problem my end or theirs. Maybe just been unlucky. I was concerned last month that being stuck on Nat 3 would be a problem so had used the other connection which failed, I kept getting disconnected during practice, so went to the Nat 3 one and had no problems. Hopefully everything will run smoothly next month.

You have your PS wired to your router and not trying to use it wirelessly, correct??

You got close to not making the new intended Start time. Bet you're glad I moved our Start back 10 minutes.
I could have made it earlier if the race started earlier, I used as much free time as I had for other chores, thats why I confirmed the start time. Don't worry, I will never show up late and ask you to restart for me. I have been running this series long enough now that I generally understand how it works.

Next Race

120 Miles of the Streets Of Willow Springs

March 6th
W.S.I.R. - Streets Of Willow Springs
120 Miles, 73 Laps
Gr.4
Evening 17:00 Fine
Fuel x3
Tires x4
Grid Start
10 minutes Qualifying
Corner Penalties Strong

I have made this a nice hot and slick late afternoon race in this dusty desert. Welcome to Southern California.

From the FIA Gr.4 class races I've raced. It is very difficult overtake on track. You're Qualifying position and pit strategy very important for this.

The high temperatures and a very technical course means your tires will wear very fast. Short pitting for tires will likely be a must.

Good Luck! See You March 6th!

ATTENTION:
I would like to swap my Citroen GR4 for the Toyota SFR for this race please.👍

ATTENTION:
I would like to swap my Citroen GR4 for the Toyota SFR for this race please.👍
I'm not sure if this is meant as a joke or typo. Just in case do you mean the Toyota GT 86 or Supra.

Not that if you change your Gr.4 car you will placed on the Car Change Policy and will not earn points. If you choose to switch back afterwards you will placed under the Car Change Policy again for your next Gr.4 race.

@racefan88 @ToxicBacon @john_ydg @Norrin Radd @rhcpeppers @Pixteca @Racer283 @Bruins4Life

February 20th I will be hosting a 90 minute race at Special Stage Route X as part of my Supercar World Speed Contest Series. It will be the only race experienced car control is not must for the league. You're welcome join in for a one off start even if you don't want to continue series. Lobby times are the same as this series. Fastone371 and Jarkulary already a part of this league.

Race Details

Race 5 - February 20th, 2021
90 Minutes of SSRX

Special Stage Route X
90 Minutes, Conditions 22:30 Twilight, Clear
Rolling Start
Tires x2 Fuel x1
Fuel At Start 90%
Corner Penalties None
Qualifying Time 16 minutes

Car Regulations

Open N Class
BOP None
No power restriction
No weight restriction
Tires Sports Softs Only
No Tuning

Special Regulations

1. Must be a N class car.
2. Must be a production car.
3. Must have a real life model.
4. Must be street legal in least one major country at time of sale.
5. No Power or Weight Tuning Allowed
Note: Production Tuners allowed if street legal.

All of Regulations must be met. No exceptions.

You can find a list of ineligible N Class cars in the league form.

This is a a more serious league. So few extra rules you should be aware of.

There is pit entry speed limit of 100 mph or 161 km. You must be at or below this speed before the AI takes your car or risk a points penalty.

Blocking in Prohibited in all races. These car lack grip and brakes of race cars to able respond and avoid other cars. Performance differences in these cars also makes it a poor idea.

You will not start with a full tank of fuel. As I take into account of how your get to the starting grid into account.

Link to the series below. You can also find a link in the main form.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/supercar-world-speed-contest.389789

@ToxicBacon
Hey I've got word contact in one of failed Qualifying sessions. Please be more careful of the other drivers Qualifying in future races. Let faster drivers pass especially if you are an out lap. It's not good idea to annoy other drivers. If you know you well see them again.

By the way you seemed to have a lot of trouble during the race. Were you just use the track.

I'm not sure if this is meant as a joke or typo. Just in case do you mean the Toyota GT 86 or Supra.

Not that if you change your Gr.4 car you will placed on the Car Change Policy and will not earn points. If you choose to switch back afterwards you will placed under the Car Change Policy again for your next Gr.4 race.

I was just pulling your leg, the SFR is not a GR4 car but it drives really well at Willow

The problem you had last night is pretty common as I run Car of the Week and we encounter that problem every once in a while. What causes the problem is usually a connection between one of the international players and your router. I'm not sure how to fix the problem but what we usually do is have them wipe their cache and then reenter the room. Sometimes that works other times it doesn't. Usually when the one person leaves it resolves itself and you can race but other than that there's not much you can do about the player to player connection issue.

I have moved decided to move the SSRX Double Header from it's August date to the middle of November.

I felt there was to many races between both series in the summer months. So this free things up a little.

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@racefan88 @ToxicBacon @john_ydg @Pixteca @Racer283 @Bruins4Life

Important Changes

After the Supercar Series race at SSRX this past Saturday. I've decided to double tire wear for our SSRX Specials in November.

I've decided to allow Racing Super Softs for use as a Qualifying Tire for our Northern Isle Speedway race. Due to this races Special 2 Lap Time Trial Qualifying. The Super Softs will heat up Faster for the short Qualifying. The tire grade will be available Qualifying and Practice to allow mock Qualifying.

Also since I will have to change a
settings to reset room Northern Isle Speedway Qualifying. I will switch the the room the time slot before the Night slot for Qualifying. Then change it back before the race.

A restart policy has been added to bottom of the main form.

Room Reloads / Race Restart Policy

This section contains the room reloads and race restart policies for different points of the race day schedule.

Practice Room Reloads Procedures
I will attempt to reload the room during practice for the following reasons.
*Glitches
*Excessive Disconnections
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo
Note: I will treat room reloads during practice as full course yellow. There for will not extend practice for this reason.
Late Entries: I will hold the start for a max of 10 minutes if I have been notified of a late entry.

Qualifying Restarts Procedures

If a restart is necessary. Everyone will asked to exit the track. And attempt to fix the issues will occur. There will be only 1 attempt to restart with Qualifying. If the issues still persist. Qualifying will be cancelled and the room will be reloaded. The grid will then be Set By Host based on the current points standings. New drivers will be set by order of sign ups behind the scores drivers. I may chose to put players with internet issues in the back to prevent issues on the grid.

I will restart Qualifying for the following reasons.
*Glitches
*Single Disconnections
*Mass Disconnections
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo
I will not restart Qualifying for the following reasons

Race Restarts Procedures

*Lap Races: If a restart must occur for a lap race. I will restart with how many laps the leader has left to run. Starting fuel load maybe adjusted to an average of where everyone should be a that point of the race. The grid will be set by host of what position your current.

*Timed Races: If a restart must occur for a timed race. The race will restart at the closest time setting I can adjust too. Starting fuel load maybe adjusted to an average of everyone should at that point of the race. If the race most be restart to orginal length then. The Grid will be set by host in Qualifying order. If the race is restarted at any other time. The Grid will be set by host based your current position.
Note: I unfortunately cannot recover any race progress or rewards. Should a restart occur.

I will restart the Race for the following reasons.
*Mass Glitches
*Mass Disconnections
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo

I will not restart the race for the following reasons.
*Single Player Disconnections
*Single Player Glitches
*Late Entries
*Car Damage
*Controller Issues

*Note: Any single player disconnections or glitches will be treated as mechanical failures. Your welcome to chose what your mechanical failure is.

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@racefan88 @ToxicBacon @john_ydg @Norrin Radd @Pixteca @Racer283 @Bruins4Life

Important Changes

After the Supercar Series race at SSRX this past Saturday. I've decided to double tire wear for our SSRX Specials in November.

I've decided to allow Racing Super Softs for use as a Qualifying Tire for our Northern Isle Speedway race. Due to this races Special 2 Lap Time Trial Qualifying. The Super Softs will heat up Faster for the short Qualifying. The tire grade will be available Qualifying and Practice to allow mock Qualifying.

settings to reset room Northern Isle Speedway Qualifying. I will switch the the room the time slot before the Night slot for Qualifying. Then change it back before the race.

This section contains the room reloads and race restart policies for different points of the race day schedule.

*Glitches
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo
Note: I will treat room reloads during practice as full course yellow. There for will not extend practice for this reason.
Late Entries: I will hold the start for a max of 10 minutes if I have been notified of a late entry.

If a restart is necessary. Everyone will asked to exit the track. And attempt to fix the issues will occur. There will be only 1 attempt to restart with Qualifying. If the issues still persist. Qualifying will be cancelled and the room will be reloaded. The grid will then be Set By Host based on the current points standings. New drivers will be set by order of sign ups behind the scores drivers. I may chose to put players with internet issues in the back to prevent issues on the grid.

*Glitches
*Single Disconnections
*Mass Disconnections
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo

Race Restarts Procedures

*Lap Races: If a restart must occur for a lap race. I will restart with how many laps the leader has left to run. Starting fuel load maybe adjusted to an average of where everyone should be a that point of the race. The grid will be set by host of what position your current.

*Timed Races: If a restart must occur for a timed race. The race will restart at the closest time setting I can adjust too. Starting fuel load maybe adjusted to an average of everyone should at that point of the race. If the race most be restart to orginal length then. The Grid will be set by host in Qualifying order. If the race is restarted at any other time. The Grid will be set by host based your current position.
Note: I unfortunately cannot recover any race progress or rewards. Should a restart occur.

*Mass Glitches
*Mass Disconnections
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo

*Single Player Glitches
*Late Entries
*Car Damage
*Controller Issues

*Note: Any single player disconnections or glitches will be treated as mechanical failures. Your welcome to chose what your mechanical failure is.

Why not just use the race tire for qualifying? It doesn't really matter whether or not the tire warms up fast enough it will be the same for everyone.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Important Changes

*Glitches
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo

*Glitches
*Single Disconnections
*Mass Disconnections
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo

Race Restarts Procedures

*Mass Glitches
*Mass Disconnections
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo

*Single Player Glitches
*Late Entries
*Car Damage
*Controller Issues

Good idea on the tire wear update, I coulda ran our entire Supercar Series race on the tires we started on, I only changed at the first stop at 3 laps on the first stop because I assumed you were taking tires and I wanted to keep our draft, after that I finished on that set with plenty of rubber left.

Why not just use the race tire for qualifying? It doesn't really matter whether or not the tire warms up fast enough it will be the same for everyone.
Reason one is I'm taking lessons from when Sport Mode still used this track. Multiple car qualifying is a terrible idea at Northern Isle Speedway.

So we will be qualifying like old school Nascar single cars time trial style. Everyone will get their own solo Qualifying run. Contesting out their out lap and a max of to timed 2 laps. And if you really want immersion. A cool down to pits. As long as you don't interrupt the next driver's run.

Since the pit exits on the back straight. You'll only get 1 turn to warm up your tires. Before you start your first lap. Or I guess 2 turns if you agree with Nascar's corner court. So I'm allowing Super Softs for qualifying since they should heat up faster than the Softs.

Reason two to have some just to have some fun and experiment with something different.

Second reason makes sense to me, first one doesn't. It really doesn't matter if we qualify on RSS or CH as long as it is the same for everyone.

Second reason makes sense to me, first one doesn't. It really doesn't matter if we qualify on RSS or CH as long as it is the same for everyone.
Okay you what cold tires are like right? Because of the short Qualifying sessions. I'm allowing use of RSS because they should get up to operating temperature faster than RS tires.

Cold tires are a thing in GT Sport. But in must cases the tire wear multiplier is so high. That the tires heat up in a few turns. Tire wear will only be x2 at Northern Isle for how high the tire wear is there. So RSS is best I can provide to counter the tires being cold for your Qualifying run.

Okay you what cold tires are like right? Because of the short Qualifying sessions. I'm allowing use of RSS because they should get up to operating temperature faster than RS tires.

Cold tires are a thing in GT Sport. But in must cases the tire wear multiplier is so high. That the tires heat up in a few turns. Tire wear will only be x2 at Northern Isle for how high the tire wear is there. So RSS is best I can provide to counter the tires being cold for your Qualifying run.

My one and only point is that it does not matter which tire we qualify on, the tire choice helps or hinders nobody, its an equal playing field for everyone.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Our next race starts in about 6 days from now. Gr.4 at the Streets of Willow Springs baking in the hot early evening sun.

While Gr.4 is pretty much highest class you can go that can still make on track passes here. This track does not offer a lot of good passing opportunities. There for Qualifying results will be very important.

The Streets of Willow Springs consists of mostly low speed and mid speed corners with few short straights. Leading to very low average speed of less than 80 mph. This will make this our shortest race of the year in terms of mileage. With a distance of about 120 miles.

With such a short race on a track where you are so rarely at full throttle. This race can be theoretically be completed in only 1 or 2 fuel stops.

However mechanical grip will be just as much as track position. These high temperatures and an old dusty surface on a very technical track makes for very high tire wear. This means a lot of fall off on your lap times. As your tires wear your laps will fall quickly.

That challenge for everyone in this race. The balance of track position and your tire wear. You know how long this 73 lap race will be. I suggest to everyone good pit strategy. Will see Saturday who guesses correctly.
Good Luck.

P.S

It will a long 6 week break after this race until the next race being scheduled April 17th. The clocks change to Daylight Savings time in most of the US on March 14th. So our April race will be our 1st race after the clocks change. If your area doesn't practice Daylight Savings time. Our races will start 1 hour earlier for you starting in April.

I'm pulling out, thanks for the race and nothing wrong with anyone here (unlike the other league thing I was doing), but I get too many issues trying to play in larger lobbies. My stable internet is NAT 3 so will cause issues with some players and the other just isn't reliable enough to play on any set schedule. Hope it all goes well for the rest of you and once we get the fibre cable here I'll try this sort of thing again. It is nice driving in a race where the chances of being punted are low, but I really don't want to be causing problems for others.

I'm pulling out, thanks for the race and nothing wrong with anyone here (unlike the other league thing I was doing), but I get too many issues trying to play in larger lobbies. My stable internet is NAT 3 so will cause issues with some players and the other just isn't reliable enough to play on any set schedule. Hope it all goes well for the rest of you and once we get the fibre cable here I'll try this sort of thing again. It is nice driving in a race where the chances of being punted are low, but I really don't want to be causing problems for others.
Series is standings is best 10 of 12. Plus I if earn anything from the specials races. Everyone can afford to miss 2 races. If you think you can get your internet issues fixed before our May 1st race. I will keep you on the sign ups list until then. Otherwise if I take you off now. You'll also lose claim to your rides too.

Series is standings is best 10 of 12. Plus I if earn anything from the specials races. Everyone can afford to miss 2 races. If you think you can get your internet issues fixed before our May 1st race. I will keep you on the sign ups list until then. Otherwise if I take you off now. You'll also lose claim to your rides too.
No chance of this changing in the near future so just remove me, thanks.

Back