Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@racefan88 @ToxicBacon @john_ydg @Pixteca @Racer283 @Bruins4Life

Happy holiday to all who celebrate it. This Easter Saturday is 2 weeks to our next race on April 17th. A 90 minute race with the Gr.3 clasa at Lago Maggiore GP. Race conditions will be overcast (very Cloudy) with light fog. Makes things a tad spooky when you by yourself on track. I should have this our October race.

April 17th is also the start of a 3 week hosting stretch for me. April 24th the 7th race for the Supercar series. And May 1st our Gr.4 class at Goodwood.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Saturday April 17th is our next race for this series. I hope you enjoyed your holidays. For those who are attending. Your six-week break is also over. For those who can't attend our Goodwood race is only another 2 weeks away.

Important Daylight Savings Noticed

Since our last race. Clocks have changed to Daylight Savings time for most of world that practices it. If your area does not Practice Daylight Savings or does not change yet. Our races will start 1 hour earlier for those who's clocks did not change. This be the case until we change back in the fall.

If your are not aware. Our next race is 90 minute Gr.3 race at Lago Maggiore GP in the 9:30 time. Conditions overcast with light fog.

Good Luck. See You Soon.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I will have to miss this round because of work. I do freelance and luckily a client needs help from me with a project that will last a few weekends, so I don't know who many race I'll miss. So sorry, I hope you guys have a great race!

I'm sorry but I will have to miss this round because of work. I do freelance and luckily a client needs help from me with a project that will last a few weekends, so I don't know who many race I'll miss. So sorry, I hope you guys have a great race!
Okay then hopefully we'll see you again May 1st at Goodwood.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Hello everyone I here to inform you all that I must move our Mix Class Special at Sarthe - No Chicane currently scheduled for June 26th.
I'm currently debating between 2 dates. And want to know everyone's opinion.

Option 1 is May 29th. Note this would be Memorial Saturday for the US. Our Special would become part of that great weekend racing. Moving the race up to this date would also free up summer a little more. A cons however is this will put the race 1 week before our Gr.4 Nurburgring Nordschleife race. A high paying race that I'm sure many will want to practice for. Along this I know someone people like take mini vacation that weekend.

Option 2 is July 24th. This date is day before my birthday on 25th. Since it's my birthday I should be able to get out of or move whatever is planned that weekend. There is no race to worry about the week after this one. However this is also part the 2 week stretch that the postponed summer Olympics are or were to be held. Also I know someone of you may go on longer vacations during that this date could interfere with.

I have completed the Gr.3 and Gr.4 BOP Regulations list already. If we go first date. So I can post BOP quickly.

Last edited:
I definitely cannot do May 29th. I'll be out of town on a family beach vacation May 29th through June 5th. I expect to be home by 5:00pm on the 5th so I still plan to make it to our Nordschleife race.

But if May 29 works better for everyone else, then go ahead and use that date because July 24th is a "maybe" for me. That is the weekend closest to my wife's birthday so if she wants to do something Saturday night then that will need to take priority :).

I definitely cannot do May 29th. I'll be out of town on a family beach vacation May 29th through June 5th. I expect to be home by 5:00pm on the 5th so I still plan to make it to our Nordschleife race.

But if May 29 works better for everyone else, then go ahead and use that date because July 24th is a "maybe" for me. That is the weekend closest to my wife's birthday so if she wants to do something Saturday night then that will need to take priority :).
Well then I will sort of take this as vote for July 24th. And I hope you can the Nurburgring race. That will be a double points payout.

Last edited:
What kind of times are you guys getting at Maggiore? I’m getting a consistent 1:57ish

In Custom race vs AI in race conditions most of my laps are in the 1:58's and then 1:59's as the tires start to wear. I've only had a couple of laps go below 1:58, so I may have some work to do! Not sure what I can do in qualifying yet. I've done a low 1:56 in arcade time trial, but that is no tire wear and no fuel so not really a good comparison for Saturday night.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Hello everyone I here to inform you all that I must move our Mix Class Special at Sarthe - No Chicane currently scheduled for June 26th.
I'm currently debating between 2 dates. And want to know everyone's opinion.

Option 1 is May 29th. Note this would be Memorial Saturday for the US. Our Special would become part of that great weekend racing. Moving the race up to this date would also free up summer a little more. A cons however is this will put the race 1 week before our Gr.4 Nurburgring Nordschleife race. A high paying race that I'm sure many will want to practice for. Along this I know someone people like take mini vacation that weekend.

Option 2 is July 24th. This date is day before my birthday on 25th. Since it's my birthday I should be able to get out of or move whatever is planned that weekend. There is no race to worry about the week after this one. However this is also part the 2 week stretch that the postponed summer Olympics are or were to be held. Also I know someone of you may go on longer vacations during that this date could interfere with.

I have completed the Gr.3 and Gr.4 BOP Regulations list already. If we go first date. So I can post BOP quickly.

Option 2 for me

In Custom race vs AI in race conditions most of my laps are in the 1:58's and then 1:59's as the tires start to wear. I've only had a couple of laps go below 1:58, so I may have some work to do! Not sure what I can do in qualifying yet. I've done a low 1:56 in arcade time trial, but that is no tire wear and no fuel so not really a good comparison for Saturday night.

I'm practicing using a public lobby with the same settings as the race will be. After 8 laps my front tires are pretty destroyed. I've been looking like this recently; Lap 2-5 low to mid 1:57, Lap 6 & 7 mid to high 1:58, Lap 8 & 9 high to low 1:59-2:00. Been practicing every day. I was a consistent 1:59 so I'm improving but the tires are a problem. Shifting the brake balance to the positives helps but the track doesn't play too friendly with a lot of rear braking, lots of trail braking here.

Last edited:
I'm getting similar tire wear. I really like that the tires wear out sooner than the fuel runs out though. It gives us a chance to make some strategic choices on when to pit, how much fuel to take on etc. At Streets of Willow I intentionally stayed on track a long time with worn tires b/c the car still handled okay and allowed me to make fewer pit stops. St. Croix, I pitted sooner b/c those laps were so long that I didn't want to risk "one more lap" on old tires, haha! Maggiore is kind of in between those two, so not sure what I'll do yet, but it's cool that strategy plays a part in these races 👍.

What kind of times are you guys getting at Maggiore? I’m getting a consistent 1:57ish
I can't really give accurate lap times. I do most of my practicing in custom races against the AI. To get more of an understanding of how my car will behave in race conditions. The Gr.3 cars are fast enough to have aero washout effects.

I'm getting similar tire wear. I really like that the tires wear out sooner than the fuel runs out though. It gives us a chance to make some strategic choices on when to pit, how much fuel to take on etc. At Streets of Willow I intentionally stayed on track a long time with worn tires b/c the car still handled okay and allowed me to make fewer pit stops. St. Croix, I pitted sooner b/c those laps were so long that I didn't want to risk "one more lap" on old tires, haha! Maggiore is kind of in between those two, so not sure what I'll do yet, but it's cool that strategy plays a part in these races 👍.
I usually go for higher tire wear settings. Learning from professional racing. High tire wear makes for better racing. Drivers slip sliding around on worn tires creates passing opportunities. Especially for those on new tires. The high wear also forces creative pit strategies.

Current status report on Mixed Class Special move.

May 29th 0 votes
July 24th 3 votes
Neutral 2 votes

And there was 1 vote thrown out for May 24th.

Last edited:
The pit problem during race was a penalty for missing pit entrance then trying to back up on track to try to pit. I think for each attempt you must run another lap before you are allowed to pit.

The pit problem during race was a penalty for missing pit entrance then trying to back up on track to try to pit. I think for each attempt you must run another lap before you are allowed to pit.
If someone was reversing on track for something other than correct their car's direction. They in for a big recklessly driving points penalty.

Last edited:
PS_App_20210418_015600.jpeg

April Race Results

Pole Award: fastone371

Fastest Lap: fastone371

Race Winner: fastone371

Penalties:

John_YDG, -10 Points Reckless Driving Penalty, For reversing against race traffic.

Toxic Bacon, -10 Points Reckless Driving Penalty, For reversing against race traffic.

Last edited:
Standings

1. Fastone371 56 pts
2. John_YDG 42 pts
3. Jarkulary 32 pts

4. Cold Warrior 30 pts
5. rhcpeppers 26 pts
6. Bruins4Life 20 pts

7. Racer283 12 pts
8. Norris Radd 9 pts
9. Pixteca 6 pts
10. Toxic Bacon 4 pts

If someone was reversing on track for something other than correct their car's direction. They in for a big recklessly driving points penalty.

I wasn't trying to get anyone in trouble, I was just trying to diagnose the pit problem to make sure there was no bug.

What does the mixed class race at Sarthe mean? Some people run GR4 and some run GR3??

I vote to move The Norde to the last race, I am not familiar with that track at all, I'm going to be dead meat there without months of practice. At like 10 minutes per lap I will only get about 40 laps of practice there in a whole month.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to get anyone in trouble, I was just trying to diagnose the pit problem to make sure there was no bug.
Well reversing against race traffic is frowned upon here. No real racing series would allow and nor do I. And unfortunately I caught John and Toxic Bacon do it.

I also learned that Gran Turismo has their own Penalty for it. That they won't allow you to pit for next 2 laps.

What does the mixed class race at Sarthe mean? Some people run GR4 and some run GR3??

I vote to move The Norde to the last race, I am not familiar with that track at all, I'm going to be dead meat there without months of practice. At like 10 minutes per lap I will only get about 40 laps of practice there in a whole month.
Yes in will be an exhibition race with with Gr.3 and Gr4. I was discussed when Rinsky ran the series but, we never officially hosted it. Since I can't offer some big cash payout. I'm offering a small points payout to the top 3 finishers in each class. Tuning will be allowed for the race. Open car entry for which class you chose for the race. Balanced of Power will be manually enforced for whatever the current BOP power and weight settings is for your chosen ride.

Not sure what you mean by second part of this. I spelled Nordschleife the name of just old 12.9 mile layout correctly. I believe the Gr.4 cars will be in the 8 minute range. And 40 Laps is long goal at the Nurburgring if the old track is involved.

Yes in will be an exhibition race with with Gr.3 and Gr4. I was discussed when Rinsky ran the series but, we never officially hosted it. Since I can't offer some big cash payout. I'm offering a small points payout to the top 3 finishers in each class. Tuning will be allowed for the race. Open car entry for which class you chose for the race. Balanced of Power will be manually enforced for whatever the current BOP power and weight settings is for your chosen ride.

Not sure what you mean by second part of this. I spelled Nordschleife the name of just old 12.9 mile layout correctly. I believe the Gr.4 cars will be in the 8 minute range. And 40 Laps is long goal at the Nurburgring if the old track is involved.

I mean that I am slow at that big assed track!!! I'm not real familiar with The Nord, I guess I better work on that.
I am a bit surprised about last night's race, I always thought I was a kinda slow at Maggiore but I did find time at the S's in the second sector practicing. I also feel like I lose a lot of time in the last 3 corners but maybe its just the nature of that track.

I mean that I am slow at that big assed track!!! I'm not real familiar with The Nord, I guess I better work on that.
I am a bit surprised about last night's race, I always thought I was a kinda slow at Maggiore but I did find time at the S's in the second sector practicing. I also feel like I lose a lot of time in the last 3 corners but maybe its just the nature of that track.
I'm not the greatest at the Nurburgring. Not sure if it's truly possible to master that place. My best advice is to focus on being able to complete laps without going off track. Then slowly pick up from there.

As of for our race. Yeah you did good. Took max points. By the way how did you manage to post a 1:56.000 as the fastest lap?

As for me. I knew this wouldn't be greatest track for the neutered F1 GTR but, I didn't think I would slow here. I'm concerned about our stop at Barcelona-Catalunya this year. Probably does help I'm still learning manual shifting. Figuring out when and when not to downshift has been the toughest part for me.

Last edited:
I'm not the greatest at the Nurburgring. Not sure if it's truly possible to master that place. My best advice is to focus on being able to complete laps without going off track. Then slowly pick up from there.

As of for our race. Yeah you did good. Took max points. By the way how did you manage to post a 1:56.000 as the fastest lap?

As for me. I knew this wouldn't be greatest track for the neutered F1 GTR but, I didn't think I would slow here. I'm concerned about our stop at Barcelona-Catalunya this year. Probably does help I'm still learning manual shifting. Figuring out when and when not to downshift has been the toughest part for me.

I had a 1:55.7 practicing and that wasn't trying any low fuel runs. I tried for a quicker fast lap a couple of times but didn't improve.
As far as manual shifting, with the weird physics in GTS you will find that it sometimes helps to downshift to a lower gear than you need for a corner then upshift at the apex before getting back on the gas. Upshifting isn't real critical either, sometimes my wheel goes up 2 gears instead of just the one that I shift for but it doesn't slow my lap time at all.

Back