Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

Hi @Cold Warrior thanks for the invite for the new season starting after Christmas.

As discussed it’s unlikely I’ll be able to make many races as I am going to be really busy come end of January onwards but please put me down for a reserve/grid filling spot and I’ll see what I can do.

Feel free to tag me as reminder of events your hosting. I’ve also shared this thread with a few others who may be interested.

Cheers :gtpflag:

Hi @Cold Warrior thanks for the invite for the new season starting after Christmas.

As discussed it’s unlikely I’ll be able to make many races as I am going to be really busy come end of January onwards but please put me down for a reserve/grid filling spot and I’ll see what I can do.

Feel free to tag me as reminder of events your hosting. I’ve also shared this thread with a few others who may be interested.

Cheers :gtpflag:
Thank you considering this series. I won't move you to a reserve list unless we popular. We ended last season with 6 drivers. So we have plenty of room.

Thanks for putting a word out the us. Any advertisement is helpful.

Are you starting a new job in January or just a schedule change?

Thank you considering this series. I won't move you to a reserve list unless we popular. We ended last season with 6 drivers. So we have plenty of room.

Thanks for putting a word out the us. Any advertisement is helpful.

Are you starting a new job in January or just a schedule change?
Just a schedule change, I’m hoping come GT7 I’ll be able to commit to scheduled races again.

Any ideas on what cars people are choosing for Gr4?
There is no limitations on cars for the 2022 season. I removed them so everyone can run their favorite car. So there is no real need for me to know what everyone is choosing before our first race. So I don't really know what everyone is going to choose.

I was just wondering out of interest, it’s nice to have a varied grid too.
I took of the car limitations to let everyone fun for our last season. I'm not too worried about the Gr.4 class being a one make. With the wet race at Spa-Francorchamps for the Gr.3. I could half the field running the Porsche.

If helps you. Here is the Gr.4 schedule. The 2 hour race at La Sarthe will be worth x1.5 points. I don't know how many you can make.

1/8/22, José Carlos 1.5 Hours
1. Autodromo de Interlagos
Gr.4, 90 Minutes, Qualifying 10 Minutes,
Morning 9:30 Clear, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x5
Fuel at Start 98%

1/15/22, Croatia 1.5 Hours
2. Dragon Trail - Seaside II
Gr.4, 90 Minutes, Qualifying 10 Minutes, Afternoon 13:00 Cloudy, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x5
Fuel at Start 97%

1/22/22, Tsukuba 185 km
3. Tsukuba Circuit
Gr.4, 91 Laps, Qualifying 10 Minutes,
Noon 12:00 Fine, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x5
Fuel at Start 99%

1/29/22, 2 Hours of Le Mans
4. Circuit de la Sarthe
Gr.4, 2 Hours, Qualifying 10 Minutes
Afternoon 15:00 Clear, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x11
Fuel at Start 92%

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142

I have made 2 changes next season.

*First change I have decided extend our final at Laguna Sega from the 67 lap 150 mile race to the Gran Turismo classic 90 lap 200 mile race.

I wanted this race as part of this series for 2019 season after Laguna Sega released but, Rinsky wouldn't go for it. So I decided let's end with something special.

Since Laguna Sega is as very slow in terms of average speed. This race will easily pass the 2 hour mark. So there will be 3 crown jewel races for our final season.

*As for the other change. I decided to make some changes to the championship format.

This year will have 3 Championships at play. The overall championship which will scored the best 6 of 8 Races. There will also be a separate Championships for both classes. All 4 class races will count for these.

Something tells me I will hate myself for this idea later. But hopefully it Keep things interesting.

Last edited:
Yh the cayman was on my possible list, maybe I’ll go Jaguar then.
Cayman and R8 but it's been awhile since I have driven the R8. I used to favor it occasionally.
Since I have driven many of the cars in both classes. I'm nice to give out warnings for known issues with the cars since this is a non tuning series. so to try to prevent players from complaining during the season about issues they didn't know about.

Anyways let's start with the Porsche since you are both interested in it. Great handling maybe a little too much oversteer for some players. The big issue with this car is it's default gearing is setup extremely wide for some strange reason. This can problematic as you may not have enough torque for low speed turns. I would test out the car Interlagos and Tsukuba.

Now the Jaguars. Yes Jaguars note the s tailgating the name. Both the Gr.3 and Gr.4 have generally the same issue. As due lot of Jaguar's stuff. First the big pro both are rockets and are great all round on the straights. Handling decent maybe a little understeer. Now the big con their brakes are are terrible. Both are contenders for worst brakes in their class. Though the Gr.4 car has a close competitor the Mustang. Their terrible brakes can make very difficult to complete passes or defend your position.

Last we the Audi R8. The pro it accelerates well at low to medium. Best fuel mileage in class. Cons eats tires particularly it's rear tires. Which wear faster than the F1 GTR rears. This car also suffers from the same low end handling issues as Renault RS01. And there is not much you can do resolve it without tuning available. I don't know if it's because of their similar designs or what.

Since I have driven many of the cars in both classes. I'm nice to give out warnings for known issues with the cars since this is a non tuning series. so to try to prevent players from complaining during the season about issues they didn't know about.

Anyways let's start with the Porsche since you are both interested in it. Great handling maybe a little too much oversteer for some players. The big issue with this car is it's default gearing is setup extremely wide for some strange reason. This can problematic as you may not have enough torque for low speed turns. I would test out the car Interlagos and Tsukuba.

Now the Jaguars. Yes Jaguars note the s tailgating the name. Both the Gr.3 and Gr.4 have generally the same issue. As due lot of Jaguar's stuff. First the big pro both are rockets and are great all round on the straights. Handling decent maybe a little understeer. Now the big con their brakes are are terrible. Both are contenders for worst brakes in their class. Though the Gr.4 car has a close competitor the Mustang. Their terrible brakes can make very difficult to complete passes or defend your position.

Last we the Audi R8. The pro it accelerates well at low to medium. Best fuel mileage in class. Cons eats tires particularly it's rear tires. Which wear faster than the F1 GTR rears. This car also suffers from the same low end handling issues as Renault RS01. And there is not much you can do resolve it without tuning available. I don't know if it's because of their similar designs or what.
I am usually very easy on tires so tire wear doesn't bother me too much. I want to use something other than the RSR again. I like the Lexus but it uses up fronts quickly and I hate cars that push. To me the Audi ain't much different than the Ferrari or NSX, just gotta stay off curbs. I was running laps at Tskuba last weekend and went fastest in the Cayman than any other car I tried including the 86 and the Trophy

Last edited:
I am usually very easy on tires so tire wear doesn't bother me too much. I want to use something other than the RSR again. I like the Lexus but it uses up fronts quickly and I hate cars that push. To me the Audi ain't much different than the Ferrari or NSX, just gotta stay off curbs. I was running laps at Tskuba last weekend and went fastest in the Cayman than any other car I tried including the 86 and the Trophy
The problem is the R8 will try to kill you in 2nd gear. Your going to struggle at Spa and Laguna Sega with it. I remember you didn't like the Renault RS01 the other year. Try the Gr.3 Citroen GT another suggestion would be the McLaren 650S. If you to completely remove understeer. Try the Gr.3 Lamborghini. Though most find it too has much oversteer.

Last edited:
The problem is the R8 will try to kill you in 2nd gear. Your going to struggle at Spa and Laguna Sega with it. I remember you didn't like the Renault RS01 the other year. Try the Gr.3 Citroen GT another suggestion would be the McLaren 650S. If you to completely remove understeer. Try the Gr.3 Lamborghini. Though most find it has much oversteer.
I’d like to disagree with you on that one a little, the r8 is great at Laguna and Spa. Personal choice though, and these be long races so consistency is more important than outright pace arguably.

I’d like to disagree with you on that one a little, the r8 is great at Laguna and Spa. Personal choice though, and these be long races so consistency is more important than outright pace arguably.
Are you going by the R8's default setup? As this is a non tuning series. In default R8 will try to step out on in 2nd gear. The Renault RS01 has a similar issue. Laguna Sega has a lot of 2nd gear corners and so does Spa in the wet. The R8 will be great if that handling issue wasn't a problem.

Last edited:
Are you going the R8's default setup? As this is a non tuning series. In default R8 will try to step out on in 2nd gear. The Renault RS01 has a similar issue. Laguna Sega has a lot of 2nd gear corners and so does Spa in the wet. The R8 will be great if that handling issue wasn't a problem.
True enough, Spa would be tricky in the wet. The r8 really does hammer around Laguna though, it’s pretty incredible, but then you have to factory in tyre wear also. Do you know what your are choosing yet?

Last edited:
True enough, Spa would be tricky in the wet. The r8 really does hammer around Laguna though, it’s pretty incredible, but then you have to factory in tyre wear also. Do you know what your are choosing yet?
I'm just trying to prevent fastone371 from repeating his 2020 season. Despite my warning for that season. He started the Gr.3 class with the Renault RS01. And then discovered he didn't like the handling of that car.

I have already decided on the Viper for the Gr.3 class. I don't have a pick for Gr.4 yet.

Last edited:
I'm just trying to prevent fastone371 from repeating his 2020 season. Despite my warning for that season started the Gr.3 class with the Renault RS01. And then discovered he didn't like the handling of that car.

I have already decided on the Viper for the Gr.3 class. I don't have a pick for Gr.4 yet.
The problem was that I forgot that the RS01 that I loved so much wasn't on default suspension. I drove the R8 at Laguna a little last night, I was 1.4 seconds clear of my best in the RSR but it is in fact hard on rear tires. I didn't have a problem with 2nd gear corners probably because I use a wheel and if it was a problem I could exit in 3rd to eliminate wheel spin and it has little effect on lap time. The one I'm not sure about yet is the wet Spa race, thats going to be a slow race, it will be more about not crashing than going fast. On the other hand we can drop 2 races so that race really doesn't matter. I have not tried the R8 at Blue Moon yet, but I'm guessing it should be ok as well as at Tokyo. I want to use different cars and not be a 1 trick pony like so many people who drive the same car race after race. Also there are so many great cars, broaden your horizons a little, why limit yourself to 1 or 2 cars. If you run the sport mode time trials you find out that you can pretty much adapt to any car if you give it some time.

The problem was that I forgot that the RS01 that I loved so much wasn't on default suspension. I drove the R8 at Laguna a little last night, I was 1.4 seconds clear of my best in the RSR but it is in fact hard on rear tires. I didn't have a problem with 2nd gear corners probably because I use a wheel and if it was a problem I could exit in 3rd to eliminate wheel spin and it has little effect on lap time. The one I'm not sure about yet is the wet Spa race, thats going to be a slow race, it will be more about not crashing than going fast. On the other hand we can drop 2 races so that race really doesn't matter. I have not tried the R8 at Blue Moon yet, but I'm guessing it should be ok as well as at Tokyo. I want to use different cars and not be a 1 trick pony like so many people who drive the same car race after race. Also there are so many great cars, broaden your horizons a little, why limit yourself to 1 or 2 cars. If you run the sport mode time trials you find out that you can pretty much adapt to any car if you give it some time.
Hey if you really want the R8. I won't stop you. But you will absolutely risking an I told you so later. I'm amazed it bet the Porsche since it's so popular at Laguna Sega in Sport Mode races there. Best fuel mileage doesn't help much if the tires don't last.

I'm not saying you have to run the same. I'm just highly suggesting to do some more shopping. Here's interesting suggestion. Try the Beetle. Think you might like it.

I do drive cars but, at this point in game I already have my favorites for each class. My absolute favorite Gr.3 car is the Viper. I want to end the series with it. As for the Gr.4 my favorite was the Lamborghini but, after trying it out again. I'm no longer sure it is. Seems Gran Turismo has neutered somethings I liked about the car.

Hey if you really want the R8. I won't stop you. But you will absolutely risking an I told you so later. I'm amazed it bet the Porsche since it's so popular at Laguna Sega in Sport Mode races there. Best fuel mileage doesn't help much if the tires don't last.

I'm not saying you have to run the same. I'm just highly suggesting to do some more shopping. Here's interesting suggestion. Try the Beetle. Think you might like it.

I do drive cars but, at this point in game I already have my favorites for each class. My absolute favorite Gr.3 car is the Viper. I want to end the series with it. As for the Gr.4 my favorite was the Lamborghini but, after trying it out again. I'm no longer sure it is. Seems Gran Turismo has neutered somethings I liked about the car.
After looking over the GR3 list I tried the Beetle, I wasn't impressed with it.

After looking over the GR3 list I tried the Beetle, I wasn't impressed with it.
Really I have seen players run well with the Beetle. If you mind the VGTs. Have you ever tried the Mazda RX-Vision it fairly nimble for a FR, and not a lot of understeer. I like would also suggest the Peugeot VGT but, a lot players don't like it lacks an interior. Good power all around. If remember brakes aren't the best.

Really I have seen players run well with the Beetle. If you mind the VGTs. Have you ever tried the Mazda RX-Vision it fairly nimble for a FR, and not a lot of understeer. I like would also suggest the Peugeot VGT but, a lot players don't like it lacks an interior. Good power all around. If remember brakes aren't the best.
I couldn't get a decent lap time around Laguna with the Beetle, I was really surprised. I always have the option to fall back on the RSR if I need to. I was thinking about trying the Puegot just cause it's kind of an oddball, I'll probably try the Mazda too.

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142

Merry Christmas and or Happy Holidays which ever works for of you. Christmas day this year is the 2 week mark for our season opener in Brazil. I recommend you take some time from watching A Christmas Story to start testing some cars if you haven't already. Two weeks can go by fast.
The Sport Mode time trial is at Interlagos too thus week more track practice. I was at 109 earlier this morning.

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142

10 days until the start of Rinsky's 2022 season. Hope your not forgetting to do some car shopping. First race details.

Next Race

1/8/22, José Carlos 1.5 Hours
1. Autodromo de Interlagos
Gr.4, 90 Minutes, Qualifying 10 Minutes,
Morning 9:30 Clear, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x5
Fuel at Start 98%
Gr.4 Tires: RS, RM, RH

Note: Just because there is multiple choice this year. Does not mean all tire choices are the best to use for you and your ride.
The Gr.4 class is especially difficult to setup for multiple tire compounds to be used. The heaviest car 1,347 lbs heavier than the lightest car. And there are 4 to 5 drivetrains. Depending if you count mid engine 4WDs separately.

Back