Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

I never thought I would say this. Since I'm not a fan thier overheads so called pride. I'm officially going with the Ferrari 458 for my Gr.4 Class ride. Guess I shouldn't make fun of thier version of pride for a few months. Or paint my car pink or bright green.

Last edited:
I’m not 100% sure I will make the race on the 8th. I’m hoping too, but I’m also already racing that day so we will see how I feel.
I haven’t settled on a car yet but I think I may go with the Jaguar as it’s good fun to drive and sounds great.

How about the Nissan GR4 car, what are the shortcomings with that one??
Edit: I think I found the problem, its 4wd so it will probably be hard on tires. Maybe the NSX.
If you really don't like understeer I surprised you would like at a 4WD.

The Gr.4 GT-R is a interesting one. Besides of all the usual pros and cons of 4WD. The way this car drives it feels almost like it's production car handling wise. So if you like the R35's handling you should like it. The Gr.4 gets the GT-R great drive off of the production car though not as strong. As great as the GT-R is. It's aerodynamic brick at high speed. Also with BOP it's the 2nd heaviest car in class. Still has nothing on the Veyron but, you definitely notice the weight.

As for the NSXs. One of them is good the other is a bit twitchy. I don't remember if it's the Gr.3 or Gr.4 that's good. I haven't driven either of them in a while.

I personally not a huge fan of current gen NSX. The 1st generation of the NSX is my favorite Japanese sports car. The 2nd generation took away most of the characteristics I loved about the original car.

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142

Happy New Year to everyone. Our 1st race is only a week away from this post. I have been reminded that I to still update our points and penalty system. I will get to work on that this week.

Next Race

1/8/22, José Carlos 1.5 Hours
1. Autodromo de Interlagos
Gr.4, 90 Minutes, Qualifying 10 Minutes,
Morning 9:30 Clear, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x5
Fuel at Start 98%
Gr.4 Tires: RS, RM, RH

If you really don't like understeer I surprised you would like at a 4WD.

The Gr.4 GT-R is a interesting one. Besides of all the usual pros and cons of 4WD. The way this car drives it feels almost like it's production car handling wise. So if you like the R35's handling you should like it. The Gr.4 gets the GT-R great drive off of the production car though not as strong. As great as the GT-R is. It's aerodynamic brick at high speed. Also with BOP it's the 2nd heaviest car in class. Still has nothing on the Veyron but, you definitely notice the weight.

As for the NSXs. One of them is good the other is a bit twitchy. I don't remember if it's the Gr.3 or Gr.4 that's good. I haven't driven either of them in a while.

I personally not a huge fan of current gen NSX. The 1st generation of the NSX is my favorite Japanese sports car. The 2nd generation took away most of the characteristics I loved about the original car.
I didn't have any understeer in the Nissan, I think it was among the first times I drove the GR4 Nissan. It handles great at Interlagos, it was the fastest car I've tested so far. The GR4 NSX was 2/10ths off but the NSX is very forgiving so I am going to declare the NSX as my GR4 car. I assume that I don't need to pick a GR3 car until the GR3 races begin??

I didn't have any understeer in the Nissan, I think it was among the first times I drove the GR4 Nissan. It handles great at Interlagos, it was the fastest car I've tested so far. The GR4 NSX was 2/10ths off but the NSX is very forgiving so I am going to declare the NSX as my GR4 car. I assume that I don't need to pick a GR3 car until the GR3 races begin??
Are you confirming the NSX for Gr.4 class?

Whatever you Start your first race with will become your official ride for the class.

@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142

2022 Points System and Points Penalties
(1.5 Hours Races, 2 Hour Races)

1st. 20, 30
2nd. 16, 24
3rd. 13, 19.5
4th. 10, 15
5th. 8, 12
6th. 6, 9
7th. 4, 6
8th. 2, 3
9th to 16th. 1, 1.5

Bonus Points

Pole Award. 1, 1.5
Fastest Lap. 1, 1.5

Drivers most start the race to earn points. This includes Pole Position Point.

After Penalties
(Single Infraction, Multiple Infractions, Repeated Multiple Infractions)

Ignoring In Race Penalty -8 or -All Points, -All Points, +Suspension
Failure To Relinquish Encumbered Position Penalty -8 or -All Points, -All Points, +Suspension
Reckless Driving Penalty -12 or + Points, -All Points, +Suspension
Regulations Breach -All Points, +Suspension
Annoying The Host Penalty -1, -2

Last edited:
:D @fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142

2022 Points System and Points Penalties
(1.5 Hours Races, 2 Hour Races)

1st. 20, 30
2nd. 16, 24
3rd. 13, 19.5
4th. 10, 15
5th. 8, 12
6th. 6, 9
7th. 4, 6
8th. 2, 3
9th to 16th. 1, 1.5

Bonus Points

Pole Award. 1, 1.5
Fastest Lap. 1, 1.5

Drivers most start the race to earn points. This includes Pole Position Point.

After Penalties
(Single Infraction, Multiple Infractions, Repeated Multiple Infractions)

Ignoring In Race Penalty -8 or -All Points, -All Points, +Suspension
Failure To Relinquish Encumbered Position Penalty -8 or -All Points, -All Points, +Suspension
Reckless Driving Penalty -12 or + Points, -All Points, +Suspension
Regulations Breach -All Points, +Suspension
Annoying The Host Penalty -1, -2
Those have teeth!!! At least the "annoying the host" penalty which I am likely to retain is relatively benign. :D :D

Hey give the Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 car a try. I just ran for the Race B. It drove great too me. Kept finding more speed too.
My 2 requirements are good lap times at Tskuba and Sarthe, with those 2 extremes out of the way it should be fine everywhere else. I really wanted to drive the 86 this year but it's just too slow at Sarthe.

My 2 requirements are good lap times at Tskuba and Sarthe, with those 2 extremes out of the way it should be fine everywhere else. I really wanted to drive the 86 this year but it's just too slow at Sarthe.
I was giving a Gr.3 suggestion. I won't recommend the Toyota 86 Gr.4 car anyways. The car great on track by itself. What I don't like is how aero sensitive it is to other cars around it. While it is expected for other cars to effect your car's handling. The 86 is an extreme case for how much it changes in traffic. And it makes difficult to pass or defend.

I was giving a Gr.3 suggestion. I won't recommend the Toyota 86 Gr.4 car anyways. The car great on track by itself. What I don't like is how aero sensitive it is to other cars around it. While it is expected for other cars to effect your car's handling. The 86 is an extreme case for how much it changes in traffic. And it makes difficult to pass or defend.
OK. I was just commenting on what car I wanted to use for the upcoming races, if I could use the GR3 RCZ for the upcoming races I would think it would be a pretty boring race. The wheel to wheel racing requirement doesn't bother me too much because there is very little wheel to wheel racing in this series, even most series' for that matter. In my experience one make races breed the most wheel to wheel racing. I ran a series with the 86's and the Super Formula cars that had a lot of great wheel to wheel racing.

OK. I was just commenting on what car I wanted to use for the upcoming races, if I could use the GR3 RCZ for the upcoming races I would think it would be a pretty boring race. The wheel to wheel racing requirement doesn't bother me too much because there is very little wheel to wheel racing in this series, even most series' for that matter. In my experience one make races breed the most wheel to wheel racing. I ran a series with the 86's and the Super Formula cars that had a lot of great wheel to wheel racing.
4 1/2 more days till race time, who is confirmed so far??
Unfortunately most of our more skilled drivers left. And all of them either didn't respond or turned us down. Do remember Tsukuba is making a return this year. You should run into traffic there.

Nobody has confirmed or canceled. I managed to get 3 players from my friends list to say yes. Don't know if they will actually show up.

Unfortunately most of our more skilled drivers left. And all of them either didn't respond or turned us down. Do remember Tsukuba is making a return this year. You should run into traffic there.

Nobody has confirmed or canceled. I managed to get 3 players from my friends list to say yes. Don't know if they will actually show up.
It would be kinda nice to see some of the front runners back from the early years of the series to see if I am getting faster or not.

HELLO! I HAVE RETURNED!!! How is everyone? I want to join for this Saturday's race! I am rusty as and just renewed PS+ for the first time in almost 2 years. No manufacturers limits and Gr. 4? I will test a few cars today before and after work to decide. I skipped a lot of the posts when I saw the race is on the 8th just after I get off of work. My excitement hit so hard I forgot to check if we have to use the same Manufacturer for Gr. 4 and Gr.3 or can we run different Manufacturers in each group?

@Cold Warrior The Gr. 4 Nissan is the bee-knees but you have to learn to drive off of the turbo boost gauge and really nail your entry and exit angles to maximize its potential. When I used it in 2019 Season 2 Manufacturers series, it was arguably the fastest accelerating car say at Fuji, Suzuka or large high speeds tracks. When it came to tighter courses with lots of hairpins, you really have to practice and dial in the brake bias. Also take note that to keep the Nissan performing the same throughout your stints, the brake bias will be adjusted by 1 increment before the end of the race. Towards the front or rear is your preference I guess but it really depends on tire wear, straight entry braking, gentle transitions from brake to throttle and hours of practice. :P

Last edited:
HELLO! I HAVE RETURNED!!! How is everyone? I want to join for this Saturday's race! I am rusty as and just renewed PS+ for the first time in almost 2 years. No manufacturers limits and Gr. 4? I will test a few cars today before and after work to decide. I skipped a lot of the posts when I saw the race is on the 8th just after I get off of work. My excitement hit so hard I forgot to check if we have to use the same Manufacturer for Gr. 4 and Gr.3 or can we run different Manufacturers in each group?

@Cold Warrior The Gr. 4 Nissan is the bee-knees but you have to learn to drive off of the turbo boost gauge and really nail your entry and exit angles to maximize its potential. When I used it in 2019 Season 2 Manufacturers series, it was arguably the fastest accelerating car say at Fuji, Suzuka or large high speeds tracks. When it came to tighter courses with lots of hairpins, you really have to practice and dial in the brake bias. Also take note that to keep the Nissan performing the same throughout your stints, the brake bias will be adjusted by 1 increment before the end of the race. Towards the front or rear is your preference I guess but it really depends on tire wear, straight entry braking, gentle transitions from brake to throttle and hours of practice. :P
Also, what happened? I read in one post that a lot of the faster guys left the series?
Hello and Welcome to Rinsky's Final Tour Weekly Endurance Series. We host our rooms Friends only. So either you can send me TheColdWarriors a friend's request or I need your PSN name to send you a friend request.

Just to confirm what time zone do you live in and when do you get off work? This series runs by Eastern US Time. Our standard time is UTC-5. We'll finish this year before Daylight Savings starts.

You may run for different Manufacturers in both classes. This is a non tuning series. We are mostly a for fun series but, we do like our real psychics. No prizes except for bragging rights unfortunately. My wallet already has a lot dust in it.

Oh, currently the best accelerating car in Gr.4 I believe is the Bugatti Veyron comes with a big weight penalty and heavy tire wear. All the FFs are also pretty good for acceleration. BOP has been changed a lot in 2 years. They completely neutered Megane Trophy now.

As for your question. This series changed hands after our 2020 season. Series creator and original host Rinsky. Got a new addition to his family. Along with a job schedule changes early 2020 due to Covid 19 made him unable to host races. I took over hosting he still ran the forum but, had difficulty finding the time to keep it updated. Some of our members left mid season because of the chaos. Many of the others chose not to continue after the season. A lot of them were our better drivers too. Including myself there is only 3 original members remaining. And the one is a part time member.

Last edited:
@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags

We about 3 days away from our season opener at Interlagos.

Saturdays Night

Lobby Schedule

Practice Start
Sat 6:30 pm EST
Sat 3:30 pm PST
Sun 12:30 am CET

Qualifying / Race Start
Sat 7:45 pm EST
Sat 4:45 pm PST
Sun 1:45 am CET

Time Zone Key
EST = Eastern Standard Time UTC-5

PST = Pacific Standard Time UTC-8

CET = Central Europe Time UTC+1

These lobby times are for all race unless specified otherwise.

All times are basic for the US Eastern Time Zone. Good news no Daylight Savings to confuse us this season.

I don’t think I’ll be able to make all the races this season, but will try. This is a fun series and a good group to race with. I am tentative for this Saturday. I have to work that afternoon and don’t know if I’ll be done in time. My plan is to run the Toyota 86. Good tire wear and fuel mileage.

I have been without power for the past 3 days due to the Monday snowstorm so not getting any practice in yet! Hopefully we get it back tonight but we’ll see.

A8C7377E-6A32-4F67-9649-3F009A411083.jpeg

I don’t think I’ll be able to make all the races this season, but will try. This is a fun series and a good group to race with. I am tentative for this Saturday. I have to work that afternoon and don’t know if I’ll be done in time. My plan is to run the Toyota 86. Good tire wear and fuel mileage.

I have been without power for the past 3 days due to the Monday snowstorm so not getting any practice in yet! Hopefully we get it back tonight but we’ll see.

View attachment 1103790
I was thinking to run the 86 but it's gonna be really slow at Sarthe

@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags

We about 3 days away from our season opener at Interlagos.

Saturdays Night

Lobby Schedule

Practice Start
Sat 6:30 pm EST
Sat 3:30 pm PST
Sun 12:30 am CET

Qualifying / Race Start
Sat 7:45 pm EST
Sat 4:45 pm PST
Sun 1:45 am CET

Time Zone Key
EST = Eastern Standard Time UTC-5

PST = Pacific Standard Time UTC-8

CET = Central Europe Time UTC+1

These lobby times are for all race unless specified otherwise.

All times are basic for the US Eastern Time Zone. Good news no Daylight Savings to confuse us this season.
So qualifying is15 minutes later this season?? Just want to make sure so that I have it correct as I usually show with about 5 minutes to spare.

Back